For years I've been using Excel and Word docs for my leads and follow-up calls. I use a hosted Exchange service since I'm a single user. I've used BES all along. Having my Excel and Word docs always there, synced, has always been a breeze. I'd just attach them to a Calendar item and, well, that's it!

To open and edit the doc, I'd open the Calendar item, open the attachment, edit it, save/close it, and save/close the Calendar time. Period. Simple.

The updated file would always be there, at my fingertips, wherever I went. All I'd have to do is keep the Calendar item current so it's right there.

On the phone, when on the road, I could open the attachment with one finger in seconds: Calendar > item > attachment. Done! (Then, of course, a couple tiny steps would enable me to search for the name of someone I wanted to call, and then just click on the phone number and I'm dialing!)

No such luck with the BB10 platform. Since it relies on ActiveSync, Calendar attachments just don't sync to the device. Period. End of story.

And even once BES10 is adopted by my Exchange host (which they assure me "might possibly happen, someday"), that won't change this. It will still rely on ActiveSync to sync Exchange data, and this limitation will still exist -- unless and until Microsoft ever builds it into ActiveSync.

So, my question is: What if anything is available as a simple, reliable cloud-based solution for having my few chosen Word and Excel (and PDF) files automatically sync between my desktops and my devices? ("Devices" meaning BB10 and PlayBook.)

Thanks!
    03-31-13 10:49 PM
    Box? Works with both playbook and Z10.

Posted via CB10 on Zed10
    03-31-13 11:35 PM