So after the annoying T-Mobile talk about people leaving Blackberry, I thought I would share a fun experience and throw out a challenge. Today at lunch, I found myself sitting across from a friend at work who had a snazzy Android. We talked a bit about the differences and he mentioned that he liked the new BB10 devices but wished they had more apps, so I told him that you can load Android apps onto it. As we got into our meals, I had the bright idea to ask him how long his browser took to load webpages. He said it was pretty fast, so I challenged him to a race. We both typed in the CBC.ca - Canadian News Sports Entertainment Kids Docs Radio TV webpage and then said "Go". Needless to say, my BB10 completely blew his browser away. It literally felt like a race between a Honda Civic and a Ferrari.

So here is my challenge. When anyone gives you a hard time about your phone, or really, when you are just feeling a bit competitive, innocently tell your Apple and Android owning friends that you heard BB10 had a fast browser and you just want to "check it out". Challenge them to a browser race and you may just win a new Blackberry consumer. At the very least you will have shown tangible proof that you have the most advanced phone going.
    Georgiegeorge likes this.
    03-04-14 09:18 PM
    Had you been to that site before?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-04-14 09:20 PM
    At the very least you will have shown tangible proof that you have the most advanced phone going.
    That's until they challenge you to having different wallpapers for your home/lock screen.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    03-04-14 09:23 PM
    Good points, both. I don't think I have been to the page, but my friend chose the second page and I won that race hands down, too. As for the wallpaper issue, I haven't set up any wallpaper. I am sure that there are still annoyances with the BB10 software, but I just haven't personally had any. However, I use the browser all the time, and the speed is really remarkable.
    03-05-14 07:46 AM
    That's until they challenge you to having different wallpapers for your home/lock screen.

This I want but not really something u consider advance. MI dumb phones over the years dud it lol Nokia 3310? Ah idr

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 12:33 PM
    Yeah, I would try that myself, but with these low Internet speeds that both our local carriers have, a faster browser has no effect

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 12:48 PM
    Right, because having more wallpapers adds more functionality than having a faster browser. Alas, if only BlackBerry had thought of catering to the hipsters first!

SMH.
    Dave Bourque and ZedMacahan like this.
    03-09-14 12:55 PM

hmm... there's a app to do that but.... this is not to a feature to be so proud of.... Facepalm...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    spiculated likes this.
    03-09-14 12:58 PM
    hmm... there's a app to do that but.... this is not to a feature to be so proud of.... Facepalm...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    It was a joke..

03-09-14 01:00 PM
    MI dumb phones over the years dud it lol Nokia 3310? Ah idr

Posted via CB10
    Uh, what?

Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-09-14 01:03 PM
    Right, because having more wallpapers adds more functionality than having a faster browser. Alas, if only BlackBerry had thought of catering to the hipsters first!

SMH.
    Actually, a wallpaper can make all the difference with regards to productivity. I use a custom one myself that speeds call-up and hides/reveals information. I'd be happy to show folks how; in my case, I think I'd prefer having the custom wallpaper to the browser most of the time.

Besides which, customization used to be a feature we all celebrated on BB.
    03-09-14 01:06 PM
    It was a joke..

I think that got lost somewhere in there... LOL.
    03-09-14 01:09 PM
    I think that got lost somewhere in there... LOL.
    Lol. Certainly *three stooges voice*

03-09-14 01:11 PM
    Actually, a wallpaper can make all the difference with regards to productivity. I use a custom one myself that speeds call-up and hides/reveals information. I'd be happy to show folks how; in my case, I think I'd prefer having the custom wallpaper to the browser most of the time.

It was a joke in response to a joke, in case you didn't get it :-).
    03-09-14 01:30 PM
    It was a joke in response to a joke, in case you didn't get it :-).
    Ah. Got it.
    03-09-14 01:35 PM
    So, are we supposed to challenge people on wallpapers or browser speeds?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 02:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    IMO wallpapers.

03-09-14 02:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    System fonts!
    03-09-14 02:27 PM
    Which browser? Which devices? Same carrier for both? Wifi?

Too many variables.
    03-09-14 02:41 PM

I've never observed wallpaper doing more than sitting pretty. I have seen apps displaying information on select wallpapers, and apps that can be customized to display in certain ways to match wallpaper. But never a wallpaper actually doing anything.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 02:48 PM
    I've never observed wallpaper doing more than sitting pretty. I have seen apps displaying information on select wallpapers, and apps that can be customized to display in certain ways to match wallpaper. But never a wallpaper actually doing anything.
    Nah... my wallpaper (which, to be fair, is not my original creation) was specifically picked, tweaked (via Photoshop) and combined with a specific launcher to ensure I have access to all info, weather, newsfeeds and apps so that I can go about recording and accessing data as quickly as possible without having to go to the app drawer. Ever.

Basically, the whites/reds are gestured/based tappable widgets. The other stuff is all wallpaper that houses the hidden elements. If you swipe "tools" then tools come up, for instance. The bottom dock at the bottom and notification bar at the top can be hidden via swipes.

Technically, the wallpaper is just sitting, but it brings everything together. The concept has a huge following on Youtube, and I borrowed the wallpaper and made it mine.

More on this: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ml#post7645100
    03-09-14 03:31 PM
    Wow, some people really put a lot into their wallpaper/homescreens. Wonder if they put as much effort into cleaning up their room...

JUST KIDDING.

Those are pretty sweet though.

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    03-09-14 03:42 PM
    Wow, some people really put a lot into their wallpaper/homescreens. Wonder if they put as much effort into cleaning up their room...

JUST KIDDING.

Those are pretty sweet though.

Posted via CB10
    I have a couple of loads of laundry to do, but don't judge me!

It did take some time to set up, but I write for a living, and speed of access is key, so it is well worth it. I still use that set up now, but Tasker and Google Now are making even this productive setup somewhat obsolete. Soon, I'll have a blank screen LOL.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    03-09-14 03:47 PM
    Nah... my wallpaper (which, to be fair, is not my original creation) was specifically picked, tweaked (via Photoshop) and combined with a specific launcher to ensure I have access to all info, weather, newsfeeds and apps so that I can go about recording and accessing data as quickly as possible without having to go to the app drawer. Ever.

Basically, the whites/reds are gestured/based tappable widgets. The other stuff is all wallpaper that houses the hidden elements. If you swipe "tools" then tools come up, for instance. The bottom dock at the bottom and notification bar at the top can be hidden via swipes.

Technically, the wallpaper is just sitting, but it brings everything together. The concept has a huge following on Youtube, and I borrowed the wallpaper and made it mine.

More on this: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ml#post7645100
    That's what I said - the wallpaper does absolutely nothing. The launcher can still be used even if the wallpaper is changed. See also Conky and Rainlendar.
    03-09-14 03:56 PM
    I still use that set up now, but Tasker and Google Now are making even this productive setup somewhat obsolete. Soon, I'll have a blank screen LOL.
    Yeap, I was tiding my home screen too but once BlackBerry had those 25 days of free apps it became a tedious task. So now I just type the app name into search field and voila - don't have to go searching for it anymore.

I agree home screen is something from last century. Widgets/hub is a different story.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 04:08 PM
28 12