I have seen an answer to this problem that I have viewing non-mobile pages on a Z10.

What I see is a Desktop view. Very tiny text. If you expand the text to read it you have to scroll left and right.

The browser on my 9900 and others that I have seen reformat the page so you can read the test without having to scroll left or right.

This is a show stopper issue for me on purchasing BB10.
    06-07-13 04:38 PM
    Have you tried Reader?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 04:51 PM
    Yes but that is not the issue. Other browsers automatically show a page that one can read without a magnifying glass,
    06-07-13 05:36 PM
    No. The other browsers are not using automatic "Magic". In fact, what is currently being done is that the mobile sites are not currently "Enabled" for BB10. This is an issue that is quickly going away. (an example is wired.com)

By the way, I know the enablement sounds odd, but it is the truth. Many websites for phones do not use HTML 5. As a result, many sites choose to disable their site until they can test that it works on a new platform.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 08:05 PM
    I believe what you want is something called text wrapping. Basically, the browser reformats the webpages for you. Not too many browsers have that function, I know my Chrome on Nexus doesn't. The BlackBerry browser has reader but that's kind of a half way solution. The only browser I've personally tried that has text wrapping is Opera, it was available on the old BBs.

There's a reason why companies hire and dedicated HTML programmer for format proper mobile versions of their site. Check out the other browsers in BB World and see if any of them have text wrapping. It doesn't work 100% of the time, that's why, again, there are properly built mobile versions of sites. I do hope Opera comes to BB10.
    06-07-13 09:00 PM
    I believe what you want is something called text wrapping. Basically, the browser reformats the webpages for you. Not too many browsers have that function, I know my Chrome on Nexus doesn't. The BlackBerry browser has reader but that's kind of a half way solution. The only browser I've personally tried that has text wrapping is Opera, it was available on the old BBs.

There's a reason why companies hire and dedicated HTML programmer for format proper mobile versions of their site. Check out the other browsers in BB World and see if any of them have text wrapping. It doesn't work 100% of the time, that's why, again, there are properly built mobile versions of sites. I do hope Opera comes to BB10.

Sorry Chrome on a Nexus 4 is 100% better than the tiny print size of the Z10.
    06-08-13 08:16 AM
    You could change the font sizes in any browser if it doesn't suit your fancy. go to settings, display and actions, font size.

I just don't like the Chrome browser, it's not that it's bad but try Opera. I personally love it and turn on the data saving mode.
    Last edited by Chanlion; 06-08-13 at 09:52 AM.
    06-08-13 09:37 AM
    You could change the font sizes in any browser if it doesn't suit your fancy. go to settings, display and actions, font size.

I just don't like the Chrome browser, it's not that it's bad but try Opera. I personally love it and turn on the data saving mode.

I will try that but I don't think it will work. I only have access to demo models. The issue is really about word wrapping. My 9900 does it and the Z10 appears to not do that. On the Z10 one line of text may show two sentences whereas on my 9900 and all other mobile browsers I have tried the web site is reformatted to just reveal the first sentence or maybe even part of the first sentence on that line of text.
    06-08-13 11:46 AM
    Pre-BB 10 the native BlackBerry browser would reformat the page so all the text would fit within the width of the screen. The loss of this functionality is a huge thorn in my backside with BlackBerry 10.
    06-08-13 04:36 PM
    Pre-BB 10 the native BlackBerry browser would reformat the page so all the text would fit within the width of the screen. The loss of this functionality is a huge thorn in my backside with BlackBerry 10.
    I agree. I don't have a lot of grievances with BB10, but this is one. Reader mode is not an adequate substitute for text reflow, in my opinion. This is a step down from OS7 and Android.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 04:44 PM
    I agree. I don't have a lot of grievances with BB10, but this is one. Reader mode is not an adequate substitute for text reflow, in my opinion. This is a step down from OS7 and Android.

Posted via CB10
    Major flaw in my view and enough to move me out of BB for my next phone.

All the good stuff and they screw up the browser. I wonder if Chrome can be sideloaded.
    06-09-13 07:12 AM