Even quicker than the Playbook?

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    It better be way quicker than they PlayBook cos the PlayBook is certainly nowhere near quick.
    All these tid bits are killing me. Jan 30th can't come soon enough
    12-24-12 11:32 AM
    Looking good all around. A boot time of less then a minute is more then acceptable to me.
    12-24-12 11:33 AM
    It was from a cold start from pulling the battery,
    That's great.

It better be way quicker than they PlayBook cos the PlayBook is certainly nowhere near quick.
    All these tid bits are killing me. Jan 30th can't come soon enough
    lol I know. That's the only thing I dislike about the PB. I found a solution though. I keep it charged and never let it turn off.
    12-24-12 11:45 AM
    Anyone have a video of the boot? I can't seem to find one
    The progress wheel thing looks really neat!
    12-24-12 12:28 PM
    That's great.

lol I know. That's the only thing I dislike about the PB. I found a solution though. I keep it charged and never let it turn off.
    Yea i love my PlayBook, but to be honest the only time i dislike it is when I have to reboot it. But that isnt a problem with my Dev Alpha B about 30 second boot up ;D. Once BlackBerry ports BlackBerry 10 for the PlayBook I think it will be able to get similar results. Btw I am using the wifi PlayBook
    12-24-12 12:28 PM
    bla1ze said a few months ago that RIM had the boot time down to 45ish seconds and that they were workign on getting it faster
    12-24-12 12:42 PM
    oh nice i should re-time it again cause i remember that i timed before the last update, not the small one recently but the one before it. Awesome to hear that it improved cause thats the only thing about it that i would want to see improved. Besides that the PB runs amazingly fast.
    12-24-12 12:52 PM
    does it really matter if its not quite as fast as the iphone or androids? its a heck of a lot better than the 5+ it took most of the old java OS BBs took. Anything under 1 minutes is great in my book
    it may matter to people coming from an android or an iphone, to me an existing blackberry user i would be very grateful.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-24-12 03:19 PM
    it may matter to people coming from an android or an iphone, to me an existing blackberry user i would be very grateful.
    if it doesn't need to be rebooted often what differnce does it make
    12-24-12 03:21 PM
    Even quicker than the Playbook?
    Everything boots faster than the playbook except for my Curve. LOL.
    12-24-12 03:21 PM
    if it doesn't need to be rebooted often what differnce does it make
    Any improvement over what i currently experience i will be thankful for, i'm saying thats not going to stop someone else from complaining if it doesnt behave like their previous phone did no matter how small or trivial it is
    12-24-12 04:38 PM
    If the Dev units or functional Z10 units are running a non final version of BB10 would that make a difference in the boot times? If all apps are not fully functional and all software is not loaded onto the device would that make the boot times faster? Still I agree anything under one minute is great for me.
    12-24-12 04:52 PM
    i can sorta agree to that but its not like you would notice the huge difference IMO. my n4 take about 45 seconds to boot loaded with apps, so this taking 35 -45 wouldnt be much different and wouldnt be noticed really. now an iOS user would probably see some different since they boot very fast, but again no new device really needs rebooted much anymore
    12-24-12 05:31 PM
    If the Dev units or functional Z10 units are running a non final version of BB10 would that make a difference in the boot times? If all apps are not fully functional and all software is not loaded onto the device would that make the boot times faster? Still I agree anything under one minute is great for me.
    The boot time of the final thing is certainly not something you can judge from the boot time of the non-final units, so yes it could easily make a difference. So would not having all the final software on the thing (e.g. Hub), though note that merely adding third-party apps generally shouldn't impact boot time in any significant way.
    switcharoo likes this.
    12-24-12 08:23 PM
    Amazing ! but ! bb dev alpha boots very slow.
    12-25-12 08:59 PM
    i can sorta agree to that but its not like you would notice the huge difference IMO. my n4 take about 45 seconds to boot loaded with apps, so this taking 35 -45 wouldnt be much different and wouldnt be noticed really. now an iOS user would probably see some different since they boot very fast, but again no new device really needs rebooted much anymore
    Indeed, we will probably only see it booting for OS updates or if we are a heavy users that has to swap in a spare battery, so as long as the boot time is in the same ballpark as competitor devices that is the main thing.
    12-25-12 09:33 PM
    Boot times aren't a big deal now, the question is, when the phone is bogged down with apps, how will it respond? I remember, that not only did the BB often need a battery pull, because it just couldn't handle many apps running at once (and thus forcing me to lose my bb score) but you would need to do this multiple times in a day. THAT was the major problem, so having a device that boots in a minute, but you don't need to restart multiple times in a day is a blessing.
    12-26-12 01:57 AM
    Boot times aren't a big deal now, the question is, when the phone is bogged down with apps, how will it respond? I remember, that not only did the BB often need a battery pull, because it just couldn't handle many apps running at once (and thus forcing me to lose my bb score) but you would need to do this multiple times in a day. THAT was the major problem, so having a device that boots in a minute, but you don't need to restart multiple times in a day is a blessing.
    On my dev alpha b it has a fail safe that will automatically close apps when it feels that the stability is slipping I actually tried to "crash" it but only did it once and that was more of a fluke then anything Haven't done any timing of the boot recently but it is generally I think uh under a minute.
    12-26-12 02:33 AM
43 12