According to misek. He says it beats any android phone and that BB10 is really good. Misek doesn't think that it is better than IOS though which is surprising bc IOS looks really dated to me. Crazy how quickly Peter Misek has changed his tune.

Misek: RIM Upgrade Based on BlackBerry 10: Video - Bloomberg
    11-28-12 07:16 PM
    "We put the chance of success at 20-30%"

Ouch. I happen to think it'll do pretty well. 6-8 million 1st quarter for the high end devices.

Rim have to be very fast to market with the cheaper devices to stand any chance though.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    11-28-12 07:28 PM
    I don't put much stock into what that guy has to say, even if it is somewhat positive for RIM.
    lucky--lad likes this.
    11-28-12 07:55 PM
    Yeah and the 60-80 percent Might increase come January 30th.
    11-28-12 08:54 PM
    ANother loon talking about the US market. Has his head in the sand. It's a world economy now!
    11-28-12 09:03 PM
    . . .Rim have to be very fast to market with the cheaper devices to stand any chance though. . .
    Agreed. . .I'm still not so sure about the strategy with emerging markets and the high end phones. . .better get some mid and low end stuff out there by latest EARLY 2nd Q2013. . .
    11-28-12 09:07 PM
    So my question....are these guys playing with a version of BB10 that hasn't been shown off yet?...or are they going to be "surprised" come January 30th like the rest of us?
    RocPlayr likes this.
    11-28-12 11:39 PM
    The interviewers just wanted to gloss over bb10 and talk about take over bids..
    11-29-12 12:39 AM
    The interviewers just wanted to gloss over bb10 and talk about take over bids..
    Yup, sex sells! Death is the second runner up, these people have tunnel vision.
    11-29-12 02:19 AM
    If the American carriers push BB10 it will sell! Looks like they want to push it!
    11-29-12 02:21 AM
    It's fair to say this clown knows nothing more about Rims go to market strategy that most of us do. I believe RIM has a surprise or two in store for Jan 10
    11-29-12 02:25 AM
    talk about RIM going under is depressing.... lool
    convenor likes this.
    11-29-12 08:03 AM
    Moved to News & Rumors
    robhal9000 likes this.
    11-29-12 08:14 AM
    ANother loon talking about the US market. Has his head in the sand. It's a world economy now!
    So what, you think Apple couldn't sell a watered down version of an iPhone for cheaper if they *needed* to? Or are you saying that developing nations are cash cows? I look at RIM and I see a lot of customers in developing nations, but I don't yet see a cash cow and neither do analysts.
    anon(3310921) and OMGitworks like this.
    11-29-12 09:13 AM
    So what, you think Apple couldn't sell a watered down version of an iPhone for cheaper if they *needed* to? Or are you saying that developing nations are cash cows? I look at RIM and I see a lot of customers in developing nations, but I don't yet see a cash cow and neither do analysts.
    . . .agreed. . .They need to make inroads back into the US market to become relevant again. . .I understand that many folks are predicting a sort of smartphone boom in emerging markets similar to what happened in the US years ago (and is still happening) but I don't think it's a smart strategy to a rely strongly on this hope. . .RIMs strategy should be two fold. . . maintain and grow # of users in emerging markets with mid to low end BB10 devices as soon as possible and use competitive high end BB10 devices, enterprise, carrier, and government connections and a HUGE amount of advertising to repair the broken image of RIM in the states. . .
    bk1022 likes this.
    11-29-12 10:07 AM
    RIMs strategy should be two fold. . . maintain and grow # of users in emerging markets with mid to low end BB10 devices as soon as possible and use competitive high end BB10 devices, enterprise, carrier, and government connections and a HUGE amount of advertising to repair the broken image of RIM in the states. . .
    No amount of advertising can convince people to buy a product. Ask Microsoft. Just about every movie and TV show has a Windows 8 product placed.

The image of RIM can only be fixed by RIM and they need to produce a product that is significantly different from anything else out there now. A "me too" without an ecosystem is not going to be enough.

If RIM is going to be serious, they need to include a full enterprise software package (spreadsheets, presentation and word processor), i.e., Office, Google Docs and iWorks. They cannot simply wait around and expect third party software developers to do their work for them.

Without this, BB10 is not even as useful as a netbook.
    Admorris and Syrous44 like this.
    11-29-12 10:59 AM
    A great and unique product without advertising is just as useless . . .guess they have to REALLY deliver the goods and actually let folks know about it. . .
    11-29-12 11:23 AM
    A great and unique product without advertising is just as useless . . .guess they have to REALLY deliver the goods and actually let folks know about it. . .
    If the product is really great, they will know about it through the media.

When Apple announced the original iPhone, there was not one person who didn't know about it and Apple didn't spend $1 of advertising on it for over a month.
    The only ad they ran until the June launch was the Hello ad during the Oscars on 25 Feb 2007.

Lendo likes this.
    11-29-12 02:57 PM
    I have to agree with both you and sosumi11. You can't properly sell a product without advertising unless that product is so amazing that it blows your mind. But you can't sell a mind blowing product to people who have a strong negative connotation of your company or product regardless of the marketing effort.

Jaded and jilted former customers of RIM are running around right now telling prospective consumers how awesome Androids/iPhones are and never to trust RIM again. Once BB10 launches people will start asking opinions. Once one is forced to proffer an opinion it is very difficult to change, even if it is wrong. Looking again at RIM's angry former customers, those opinions will be set in stone almost immediately at launch date and their opinions will be immutable, material, and nuanced with negativity.

RIM's survival as we know it has only two paths,

(a) they make amends in some way with these former customers before BB10 launches; or
    (b) they release products that outperform on an ongoing basis for a long period of time and they manage their finances flawlessly on an ongoing basis for a long period of time.

I wouldn't bet on (b), and I have yet to see RIM make any effort at all to amend its relationship with former customers.
    sosumi11 likes this.
    11-29-12 03:06 PM

Once BB10 launches people will start asking opinions. Once one is forced to proffer an opinion it is very difficult to change, even if it is wrong. Looking again at RIM's angry former customers, those opinions will be set in stone almost immediately at launch date and their opinions will be immutable, material, and nuanced with negativity.
    RIM's path is following the same path Palm did (let the flaming begin). For years Palm was working on updating their Palm OS. From 2003 to 2005 Palm was marketing phones that used either Palm OS 5 or Windows Mobile. From 2005 to 2008 it was exclusively Windows Mobile. Then in 2009, WebOS came out. By then no one cared about the Palm brand no matter how slick the OS was. Even HP's deep pockets couldn't sell it.

RIM has to stop calling their flagship products "smartphones". These are pocket computers now.

By just announcing a new smartphone OS is actually a step backwards and not a leap forward.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-29-12 04:25 PM
    No amount of advertising can convince people to buy a product. Ask Microsoft. Just about every movie and TV show has a Windows 8 product placed.

The image of RIM can only be fixed by RIM and they need to produce a product that is significantly different from anything else out there now. A "me too" without an ecosystem is not going to be enough.

If RIM is going to be serious, they need to include a full enterprise software package (spreadsheets, presentation and word processor), i.e., Office, Google Docs and iWorks. They cannot simply wait around and expect third party software developers to do their work for them.

Without this, BB10 is not even as useful as a netbook.
    Try to find the Lumia 920 in stock. When you find one, get back to me. Microsofts advertising is working. 40,000,000 w8 licenses sold already and they can't keep up with demand of their phones. How is that not working? Blackberry needs to do the same. I just seen the keyboard vid (the one with the predictive text scattered) and think it's brilliant. , they should make a commercial admitting that their current stuff sucks and that BB10 is nothing like it. Basically, what they need to do is distance themselves as far away as possible from what they have on retail shelves now.
    11-29-12 04:46 PM
    I don't put much stock into what that guy has to say, even if it is somewhat positive for RIM.
    Ya, especially when that was saying everything possible to kill the stock...
    11-29-12 05:58 PM
    If the product is really great, they will know about it through the media.

When Apple announced the original iPhone, there was not one person who didn't know about it and Apple didn't spend $1 of advertising on it for over a month.
    The only ad they ran until the June launch was the Hello ad during the Oscars on 25 Feb 2007.

First time I'm seeing this, lol
    11-29-12 06:03 PM
    According to misek. He says it beats any android phone and that BB10 is really good. Misek doesn't think that it is better than IOS though which is surprising bc IOS looks really dated to me. Crazy how quickly Peter Misek has changed his tune.

Misek: RIM Upgrade Based on BlackBerry 10: Video - Bloomberg
    Until we get BlackBerry 10 smartphones in our hands for some real-world use-cases nobody can say with any certainty that BlackBerry 10 is better or worse than any other smartphone operating system. I am withholding judgement until I have a BlackBerry 10 smartphone in my hands and preferably on my tablet too.
    11-29-12 06:04 PM
    I dislike when people make the WebOS comparison because WebOS was never once on top like RIM, if anything its in the WP8 position trying to create a spot for its self and getting all new customers. RIM has its current base, those who switched until BB10 releases, and former BB owners. With the proposed backing of carriers BB10 can win back the former owners cuz we know a good amt loved two things that keyboard and BBM. They've made major moves that i just don't see failing them, acquisitions that can't be matched, we still don't know whats the deal w/ newbay and Jaycut. They've been doing partnerships worldwide. And finally they have a CMO something that wasn't there before Jan 30th they will have the worlds attention all online blogs, tech sites, twitters and new stations.
    11-29-12 08:02 PM
60 123