Stop spreading a panic. I regularly discharge my z10 until it dies. Why do I do that. Just because I have a couple of them so I don't care that much.
    Did not notice shorten Battery life so far. It doesn't get any hotter than if you charge it from 10%.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is safety feature in the battery circuit to prevent it from going really low. I'm not bothered to even google it though as I have not noticed anything wrong so far.

Anyway I'm not saying you're wrong as the theory behind it is probably right, but to say don't EVER do that is going a bit too far.
    Mecca EL and Jforssblad like this.
    11-21-14 04:18 AM
    Great advice to KILL Lithium ion Batteries...Do NOT follow this advice.
    Do Not Ever Let Your Battery Go to 0% Unless You Are trying to KILL Your Battery.
    Keep calm and read the full thread You're partially right, but get in mind that when you're phone switch off by itself, the battery is not depleted. The true issue can come if, after draining it in the phone, you store it somewhere.

Now, be aware that after the 30 first cycles, it's recommended to do full cycle. You can charge your phone when it hits the 1% if you like, but you know that this number doesn't really mean that there is only 1% left, right ?
    Mecca EL and Jforssblad like this.
    11-21-14 06:50 AM
    Stop spreading a panic. I regularly discharge my z10 until it dies. Why do I do that. Just because I have a couple of them so I don't care that much.
    Did not notice shorten Battery life so far. It doesn't get any hotter than if you charge it from 10%...
    Me too! Always let the batteries in both my Z10s run till auto-shutoff. Not much problem encountered...

However...

Since BB is now going along with the trends(which i seriously hate it...) in making phones with Batteries irremovable... some concerns should be voice out like this, as we couldn't see what will going to happen in long run with the concealed batteries.
    With Z10 and Q10, we can still throw away the batteries if we see something odd, such as bloating or formation of some substance on the contact points signifying potential faults... but with Z30, Q5, Q30 and the upcoming Classic, irremovable batteries will often make people to go for new sets, just to save themselves from the hassle...
    11-21-14 12:59 PM
    BB10 Battery Fix 4 You-img_20141121_183958.png

I have always lived my z30 battery life!

For a 2880MAh battery, it lasts me 2 days of use per charge.

Only phone that I was more impressed with was my xperia Z2.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:41 PM
    Quote from an old post of mine
    And after further test, I can also tell you that a pitch black background and overall dark theme for phone with an Amoled display is really battery efficient. I mean, you can easily go to 2 days with a Q10.
    2 days?? What battery do you have in yours? I cant get past 1pm without charging mine, and its a battle to keep it alive for the rest of the day..... third, only to the 9900, and z10 as the worst battery in a blackberry for me, terrible. getting a passport tomorrow, hoping I don't have to keep it on the charger all day long.
    11-21-14 09:04 PM
    2 days?? What battery do you have in yours? I cant get past 1pm without charging mine, and its a battle to keep it alive for the rest of the day...
    Same as yours, official OS (currently Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3442). It happened several times. Not on heavy usage of course : music, photos, calls, messaging/mails, social apps, casual games, ... and CB10 of course
    BB10 Battery Fix 4 You-img_20140917_135706.png
    But ~18h happened very often !

Open a thread, we'll find the culprit together
    11-21-14 11:10 PM
    No sideload? (Android)

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 06:48 AM
    No sideload? (Android)
    A few, nothing that can run in the background. Note that you have to check the permissions you give to your BlackBerry native apps too ("Run in the background", "Connect to BBM", "Location", ...) and their notifications (and sync) interval.
    11-22-14 07:14 AM
    Yeah but android apps don't seem to pay attention to being told not to run in the background ik settings and permission

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 08:20 AM
    Yeah but android apps don't seem to pay attention to being told not to run in the background ik settings and permission
    For now, you're right. You can always patch the apk to uncheck these permissions or use an Android app that can do that, but it's a bother ! I prefer to not install them
    11-22-14 11:13 AM
    Before your tips...

BB10 Battery Fix 4 You-img_20141122_224602.png

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 03:47 PM
    Does android apps drain more battery than native apps (I'm thinking about Viber for instance)

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 07:18 PM
    Quote from an old post of mine
    And after further test, I can also tell you that a pitch black background and overall dark theme for phone with an Amoled display is really battery efficient. I mean, you can easily go to 2 days with a Q10.
    Will this work on a Z10 or is it the same white or black themes for apps

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 07:21 PM
    Does android apps drain more battery than native apps (I'm thinking about Viber for instance)
    Yes, even if the Android runtime and the sandbox wrapper to the hardware are better with each update... And the security layer add to the battery drain.

Viber runs in the Background with periodic updates on contacts list, status, profiles, etc... the worst moment followed the app install, when all your contacts list sync. After that, it settles itself and can be managed.

If your phone get hot with one of your Android app, better to stop it right now, and think of letting it go. A hot battery is not an happy one

Will this work on a Z10 or is it the same white or black themes for apps
    If you want a battery efficient setting, use a white background and light theme in apps on your Z10 (LCD). I can't tell how much you will gain in battery life, you will have to test it ! (and tell us!!)
    anon(5869815) likes this.
    11-24-14 08:30 PM
    Yes, even if the Android runtime and the sandbox wrapper to the hardware are better with each update... And the security layer add to the battery drain.

Viber runs in the Background with periodic updates on contacts list, status, profiles, etc... the worst moment followed the app install, when all your contacts list sync. After that, it settles itself and can be managed.

If your phone get hot with one of your Android app, better to stop it right now, and think of letting it go. A hot battery is not an happy one

If you want a battery efficient setting, use a white background and light theme in apps on your Z10 (LCD). I can't tell how much you will gain in battery life, you will have to test it ! (and tell us!!)
    Great!
    I always preferred clear /white backgrounds in apps
    Thank you for the tips

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 03:51 AM
    It's a carrier setting. With mine, I can only do 3g only and :

Attachment 315096

Yeah, but don't mix up Sync and Push.

If you have Push enable on the server and on your phone, you will be notified immediately of your new mail.

Sync enables the synchronization of your mail status (read, delete, moved, ...). If you work on another client at the same time (your desktop), it's better to have a short sync or a manual one, so you can switch from one to another and keep an updated stream. Of course having a short sync, and not working on mails, are not battery efficient. I agree with Coraya, 1h is great. If Push is enabled, manual is even better
    Does AT&T have this option?
    05-03-15 06:19 AM
    Thanks for the amazing tips!
    09-27-15 11:17 PM
42 12