- CrackBerry User
- 15 Posts
BB10 and available search engines
I think I read somewhere that Bing is going to be the default search engine for BB10. Does anyone know if this means that Google won't be available? I'm very satisfied with the way that my 9930 uses Google search and Google local search as options when I begin to type something in the universal search. Any ideas about how it will work when we see some new phones?
- CrackBerry User
09-27-2013, 07:50 AM #5
- 20 Posts
I'm on a Q10 with 10.2.0.1743 and there is no option to add a search engine. BBOS7 had every option available, was easily selectable, and could add search engines easily. Is this a function they took away from BB10? Google is the only option available to me. Is it maybe just the build I'm on? Thanks
- 09-27-2013, 08:42 AM #6
When you start typing in the search box on the browser, you'll see the Google logo next to it. Tap that and you'll be presented with alternative search engines. If you want to use say DuckDuck for instance, go to DuckDuck website, hit the 3 dots then select add to search. Duck DuckDuck will now be listed as one of your search engines.
Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
- CrackBerry Genius
09-27-2013, 05:43 PM #9
- 2,082 Posts
We'll I missed the whole capability entirely. Bb10 is a very subtle OS in many ways. Maybe too subtle for some? Like how invocation, cards, and sharing can completely change how useful an application is by just installing a simple (in *nix land we'd call it a filter) application. Just about once a we I discover or learn about something that brings back the child like glee and fascination of opening the box.
- By LordVagos in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 905Last Post: 03-29-2011, 03:06 PM
- By Pyrrhic in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-25-2010, 07:58 AM
- By Pyrrhic in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 2Last Post: 03-25-2010, 07:58 AM
- By LordVagos in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 449Last Post: 12-18-2009, 09:54 AM
- By nautcasprt6 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-17-2008, 01:55 PM