My Blackberry Q10 has broken so I replaced mainboard and screen unit. I got an interesting boot, which seemed to me like an automatic functioning test so I installed os software using an autoloader but all I got was that blinking: once long, six times short whenever a power source is connected. Tried another autoloader with the same results. Tried also to update via Blackberry Link, but first no update was found and after re-installing Backberry Link I got a different error: The device reconnects twice and then it says that an error occured, that updating was not possible and that I shall try it again after checking my internet connection and restarting blackberry Link, which doesn't help at all. At least the device shows a little reaction: The green lamp lights up during the "update". I also tried charging using a wall charger for many hours and replacing the battery (however the second battery might be empty). Nothing does help. Tomorrow I kind of need my working phone, I hoped to manage to repair it today. Any suggestions?
    Greetings - David
    01-10-16 06:51 AM
    My Blackberry Q10 has broken so I replaced mainboard and screen unit. I got an interesting boot, which seemed to me like an automatic functioning test
    it sounds like you may have installed a motherboard without the IMEI or pin numbers. If that's the case, you're best bet is to find another phone or send the one you have and your old motherboard off to Blackberry to have it repaired.

Posted from my smashed screen Z30
    01-10-16 08:22 AM
    It seems like you're right... And I got the point with the PIN wrong. My original phone was hit head-on so its screen crashed. After replacing that screen it still didn't work completely but for example my alerts were still active and I believe that only the screen-responsable part of the motherboard took damage. Is it realistic to replace the graphic board from the motherboard with a soldering iron? Would that actually work?
    01-10-16 10:07 AM
    It is not realistic to think you can replace the graphics chipset with just a simple soldering iron. It takes specialized equipment to do that.

Have you tried replacing just the screen and reloading the OS?

Posted from my smashed screen Z30
    01-10-16 01:46 PM
    After connecting the original mainboard it suddenly worked!!!!! Without your hint I probably woudn't have tried. THANK YOU!!!
    01-20-16 03:18 PM