Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,012 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB OS owner to BB10 transition

How is the transition gonna work from when I switch from my 9810 to the Z10?
    I mean in terms of the data, address book and media files.
    I heard there will be a new PC program coming out for BB10 to replace Desktop Manager, but which one are we gonna use for that matter?
    Especially all my contacts in my address book, since the AT&T wireless sync quit working a week ago, the only way to back them up is with DM. Are the new BB10 phones are gonna be able to read all the settings from the phone backup?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

There'll be BB Link which will replace BB Desktop Software we currently have and you'll be able to do a device switch from your BB OS you have now to the Z10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,012 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

So I'm gonna have to replace DM, or can old and new co-exist?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

Default Re: BB OS owner to BB10 transition

your BBM contacts will be linked to your BBID if you have bbm7 and I will assume that the .bbb files will be compatible as they must realize that many will be ucgrading.
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Available upon request.

I have a feeling BDM and Link will be two separate apps on computer, but with BDM only existing if you had it before or not all devices are compatible with Link.

BlackBerry Protect is another option to restoring 9810 to Z10.
    XoXoXo
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

BB10 will also have BlackBerry Protect which backs up your contacts along with a lot of other stuff. they will probably have it that you could restore from BB protect
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2803cdac

They need to build everything into one nice pc app! Blackberry app world for pc,BB protect,Bb desktop manager and so on.... all baked into one app! so we dont have to go through all the trouble of finding all the other apps we have downloaded!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter: @Dj_JrM
    #BB10Believe #Jan30th
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,057 Global Posts
    PIN
    I have three

I would have to think they have taken into consideration BB os to BB10 as they are counting on us BB Fan Boys upgrading.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Its called BlackBerry link and you can bet RIM has done everything to make data transfer from BBOS to BB10 seamless.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry User

I'm having big time problems transferring info from my 9900 to my z10, for some reason bb link will not transfer my contacts, memos, calendar but did transfer my BBM I'd,dunno how to transferred other stuff. If anyone knows a way it would be appreciated
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,221 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tdotknight View Post
    I'm having big time problems transferring info from my 9900 to my z10, for some reason bb link will not transfer my contacts, memos, calendar but did transfer my BBM I'd,dunno how to transferred other stuff. If anyone knows a way it would be appreciated
    OK, here's how I did it. You need a media card in your 9900 to begin but the phone doesn't need to be connected to wifi or network so don't worry about that. Now, in the setup menu on 9900 select DEVICE SWITCH. Follow the prompts to copy data to the media card. When it's done, insert the card into the Z10. Now, on the Z10 flip through the screens to find the SETUP icon. Hit that and find DEVICE SWITCH. Now, choose to transfer from media card. Right, now put battery back in the 9900 and go and have a cup of tea while the Z10 puts everything in its place.
    STEP 2
    OK, the Z10 should be done and the 9900 powered up. The device switch is complete and you're about to realize your contacts weren't transfered. FEAR NOT. Now pair the two phones via bluetooth and on the 9900 in the bluetooth menu, select the Z10 by a long press on the screen and a menu pops up. Select TRANSFER CONTACTS. The entire 9900 device contact list will now be sent to the Z10. Sending is quick but the Z10's assimilation of the data requires longer. Go and make some toast. There you go, job done.
    Thanked by 2:
    Dakoine (02-06-2013),  Filibustered1 (03-03-2013)