BB Noob: Questions about Blackberry balance in BB10
I have never owned a blackberry in my life, however BB10 is impressing me a lot. This might just be my first blackberry. My device history so far has been Iphone4 - HTC HD7 - motorola Droid Razr - Nokia lumia 900 - 920 . Somehow I have never been completely satisfied with any of these devices and I am hoping BB10 would become my future OS of choice.
I truly love the concept of button less devices, however I feel Android does it wrong with the onscreen buttons. Gestures is the way to go and BB10 is spot on there.
Excited to be part of the crackberry community and here is my first question for you guys
How exactly does BB Balance work, for example: If I am at work connected to the work wifi network, which has restricted access to many websites, can I switch to 'play' mode and launch a browser that would use 4G instead of work wifi ?
- 01-22-2013, 09:22 PM #2
Balance is a corporate feature that will have to be setup through IT by your company. So you don't just get Balance out of the box to create a "work" and "personal" profile. The IT department in your company would have to set up the work portion on the device in order to use it.
- 01-22-2013, 09:31 PM #3
- 01-23-2013, 08:37 AM #9
when opening a link in an email for instance, the device will either use work or personal browser. work browser obviously routes through the enterprise, personal does not. The connection method (WiFi or 4G) does not matter.~S_A
- By aha in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 12-18-2012, 02:20 PM
- By Fuzzy-lumpkins in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 2Last Post: 03-22-2012, 04:01 PM
- By geno407 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 0Last Post: 10-22-2011, 03:48 AM
- By Defton. in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 6Last Post: 06-18-2009, 11:32 PM
- By nwyman in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 1Last Post: 04-10-2009, 07:55 PM