A call out for BlackBerry staff. Can we have a public transportation layer added into BlackBerry Maps? I'd like it to show bus stops/stations and train stations with the timetables associated with each attached to them. With directions and ETAs configured for walking, this would be a killer feature and something that has yet to be done properly on any maps service that I'm aware of, even Google maps.

Companies that provide mapping services continue to underestimate the pent up demand for GPS being of utility to those who don't/can't drive.

Posted via CB10
    lyricidal and EchoesFX like this.
    06-03-13 05:01 AM
    That would be very nice! But can you imagine the lenghts BlackBerry would have to go to offer this feature worldwide?

This may take a while...
    06-03-13 02:50 PM
    That would be very nice! But can you imagine the lenghts BlackBerry would have to go to offer this feature worldwide?

This may take a while...
    I don't doubt that. Although they could buy much of the information ready made. It would be well worth it though. Considering that they sell so many cheaper smartphones their software is not so friendly for those with low incomes. Seems mostly for jet setters. I think it's something they should address. Being the phone to rely on for public transportation trip planning and execution would be a start.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    06-03-13 02:57 PM
    A call out for BlackBerry staff. Can we have a public transportation layer added into BlackBerry Maps? I'd like it to show bus stops/stations and train stations with the timetables associated with each attached to them. With directions and ETAs configured for walking, this would be a killer feature and something that has yet to be done properly on any maps service that I'm aware of, even Google maps.

Companies that provide mapping services continue to underestimate the pent up demand for GPS being of utility to those who don't/can't drive.

Posted via CB10
    Google Maps takes advantage of public transport in the UK (in London anyway) - includes buses and the London underground network.
    It's actually quite clever how it can map your journey using the public transport available... tbh I don't think any other mapping technology will come close to Google Maps for a long time.
    06-03-13 02:59 PM
    Google Maps takes advantage of public transport in the UK (in London anyway) - includes buses and the London underground network.
    It's actually quite clever how it can map your journey using the public transport available... tbh I don't think any other mapping technology will come close to Google Maps for a long time.
    Agreed. But I challenge BlackBerry to try.

06-03-13 03:03 PM
    I also want busing but I also want walking paths. It's helpful when you're walking not beside a road.

Hope it happens and they could just start with one country, see reviews on it and if it's successful, then do this for more countries.

Just my $0.02

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 05:20 PM
    I also want busing but I also want walking paths. It's helpful when you're walking not beside a road.

Hope it happens and they could just start with one country, see reviews on it and if it's successful, then do this for more countries.

Just my $0.02

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. UK would be a good place to start. *self serving* ;-)

06-03-13 05:25 PM
    Sadly missing this in Toronto too

Posted via CB10 with my white Z10
    06-03-13 05:30 PM
    Agreed. UK would be a good place to start. *self serving* ;-)

UK and Canada! UK because bb10 is the best selling software in the UK and Canada because BlackBerry is a Canadian company.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:23 PM
    UK and Canada! UK because bb10 is the best selling software in the UK and Canada because BlackBerry is a Canadian company.

Posted via CB10
    Deal *shakes*

06-04-13 02:08 AM