Hi

I know there is lots of noise about the android runtime not working after a 10.2.1 update (which is affecting me) but more of a problem is that native BB apps aren't working either. I don't have a lot of apps but notably Skype, Rail Tickets (first capital connect), RingGo (aprking app), B-Folders (equiv to enpass), eBay, Vouchercloud and Dictionary. These are just the ones I've noticed in the last 24 hours. Losing Skype is the biggest frustration.

I have a Q10 running 10.2.1.537. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm wondering about doing a secure wipe to see if it solves it which I figure I'd be happy with over the current situation, but would loathe doing that to no avail. Anyone else had any experience with this?

I have tried deleting the apps, rebooting then re-installing.
    MaungLmm likes this.
    01-31-14 02:30 AM
    well, for everyone's benefit I can tell you that it's not worth wiping your device. I have gone from frustrated to resentful. I used the desktop software to instigate a factory reset (which took a really long time). on restart it asked me about the 10.2.1 update which I did. That was really quick, 48MB - done. Installed skype. Same thing. The app doesn't open. It tries but just bounces back to the apps screen. If another app is open it bring it to the foreground. with no apps open just back to the app list. Surely I'm not the only person having this issue? I guess I'll try and see if the android runtime on the off chance that my reset fixed 1 problem but it seems very unlikely.
    01-31-14 07:08 AM
    I also have same problem. I updated my Z10 into OS 10.2.1.xxxx recently. After that many apps such as skype , viber are not working. I tried to install android apps by using Snap and Google Chrome extension, Side loading tools. But it didn't work and still persisting the problem. Kindly help me for working apps.

Thanks,
    lmm
    03-31-14 01:51 AM
    This is an ongoing issue for some and I'm at a lost here too. Friend of mine in south America with same problem for weeks now. She did the wipe but had no luck either. What I would suggest is a factory reset or run an autoloader and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 06:40 AM
    It looks like those apps are actually android ones that have been ported over to BlackBerry World, not native. If you are having issues with the Android runtime that's why they aren't working.

If anyone has posted a solution for fixing the runtime in other threads you should probably try one.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 10:32 AM
    True Klucha,

I am in Myanmar where there is no Blackberry services, store and also not included in supported countries list. So all OS 10 devices can't compete set up after finishing factory reset. I had to send my z10 to Singapore 3 times already to complete set up. Kindly let me know when you know another way.

Thanks,
    Lmm

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 10:47 AM
    True Klucha,

I am in Myanmar where there is no Blackberry services, store and also not included in supported countries list. So all OS 10 devices can't compete set up after finishing factory reset. I had to send my z10 to Singapore 3 times already to complete set up. Kindly let me know when you know another way.

Thanks,
    Lmm

Posted via CB10
    In your own case, you could setup a VPN Service with an I.P address of a supported country on your PC, then turn that VPN connection into a WI-FI hotspot and connect your device to that hotspot, problem solved. You don't need to be sending your device to anywhere.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    MaungLmm likes this.
    03-31-14 12:32 PM