removed by user
    Last edited by kifac; 01-16-13 at 03:14 PM.
    01-15-13 04:42 PM
    Nice... The training begins!!
    01-15-13 04:50 PM
    I'm curious, what's the normal timescale between starting training and products being available? I seem to remember threads about this when the 9900 launched and it was like 2-3 weeks before, although that was such a long time ago I could very well be wrong.
    01-15-13 05:10 PM
    I'm curious, what's the normal timescale between starting training and products being available? I seem to remember threads about this when the 9900 launched and it was like 2-3 weeks before, although that was such a long time ago I could very well be wrong.
    If this is true, then to those who are on Rogers, I am very jealous!
    01-15-13 05:13 PM
    I am on Rogers
    01-15-13 05:34 PM
    They usually send is these either a week or so before release or even after once a device is released to give employees knowledge of the device. Seeing how reservations started a month before jan 30th and now a quick online training 2 weeks before. I would say the device would be available a week after announcing. But I could be wrong. I dont have that much info on release just like everyone else.
    01-15-13 05:46 PM
    They usually send is these either a week or so before release or even after once a device is released to give employees knowledge of the device. Seeing how reservations started a month before jan 30th and now a quick online training 2 weeks before. I would say the device would be available a week after announcing. But I could be wrong. I dont have that much info on release just like everyone else.
    I agree. I assume, and have also heard, that Rogers will be releasing it 1-2 weeks after launch.
    01-15-13 06:28 PM
    Plus Rogers is the first carrier in the world that is going to have it.
    01-15-13 06:29 PM
    Fingers crossed boys!!...and girls
    Hopefully we get a dummy in really soon
    01-15-13 06:38 PM
    Plus Rogers is the first carrier in the world that is going to have it.
    Rogers will be the first carrier in Canada to have it. Not the world. But I hope I'm wrong.
    01-15-13 08:58 PM
    I'd venture a guess that there is more interest than they were anticipating so want to make sure that the staff is fully prepared for an onslaught of questions and quick fixes VERY shortly after they go on sale.
    01-15-13 09:24 PM
    Rogers will be the first carrier in Canada to have it. Not the world. But I hope I'm wrong.
    I'm almost positive they will be seeing as none of the American carriers have even started taking reservations, they just seem far less excited about it
    01-15-13 09:34 PM
    Just thought I'd chime in here, as the exact same training modules are up for Telus reps as well. Shows a little more insight on BB Remember and its features as well as showing off the Instagram application icon around the Z10, but nothing too exciting other than that really. Training for sales reps usually goes up a few weeks before launch so I can't really see them unveiling on January 30th and then waiting until Feb-March for launch when all the training materials are already being prepared for us. There's also webinars happening within the next few days and roadshows the next two weeks. With this much training and prep, I'm really hoping that the release date of the phones is fairly quick to the unveiling come the 30th.
    01-15-13 09:55 PM
    Sadly its looking like the carriers in the US are sitting on their fingers once again! I'm talking to you Verizon!
    01-15-13 10:30 PM
    Well the URL shown in that first option is a 404.... So there's that
    01-15-13 10:32 PM
    Lol yeah. Pretty much all the URL's are 404'd. Probably all until the 30th I would assume :P
    01-15-13 10:36 PM
    This is happening at TELUS too. Got mine on Monday I believe?
    LazyEvul likes this.
    01-15-13 10:45 PM
    They ARE being pretty thorough aren't they? Fantastic to see everything in the build up to the launch running like clockwork!
    01-15-13 10:48 PM
    Rogers won't be first...no carrier will be first. RIM doesn't want any carrier to have an exclusive launch. I expect all 3 Canadian carriers to launch on same day.
    01-15-13 11:28 PM
    Rogers won't be first...no carrier will be first. RIM doesn't want any carrier to have an exclusive launch. I expect all 3 Canadian carriers to launch on same day.
    Really? Considering Rogers took pre-orders first and has always been first to launch BB products, I'd assume that this would follow that same path. That's not to say Rogers will have it exclusive for like 3 weeks or anything, but I do think they'll be given a release day that's a few days in advance of the other carriers.

In any case, I would be shocked if Canada wasn't in the 1st tier launch. Z10 will be available in Canada either before all other countries or simultaneously with a select few other countries (definitely not the US)
    01-15-13 11:39 PM
    I could probably get a powerpoint of the exact slides of the training with info on Blackberry Remember in it
    01-15-13 11:57 PM
    jsut called into rogers trying to renew my contract - the person wouldn't tell me how much or when (b/c she didn't know), but she said probably soon because she just got her training material.
    01-15-13 11:57 PM
    I was told by Futureshop phone dept employee that they get trained 2-3 weeks before new phone arrives
    01-16-13 12:29 AM
    Really? Considering Rogers took pre-orders first and has always been first to launch BB products, I'd assume that this would follow that same path. That's not to say Rogers will have it exclusive for like 3 weeks or anything, but I do think they'll be given a release day that's a few days in advance of the other carriers.

In any case, I would be shocked if Canada wasn't in the 1st tier launch. Z10 will be available in Canada either before all other countries or simultaneously with a select few other countries (definitely not the US)
    They may have a one day jump start, but Boulben (RIM's CMO) stated no carrier will have exclusive.

If Canada get's 1st tier of release, so will the US. RIM needs to impress that market the most. Not launching their device in their beloved country wouldn't be a great start.
    01-16-13 12:35 AM
    If Canada get's 1st tier of release, so will the US. RIM needs to impress that market the most. Not launching their device in their beloved country wouldn't be a great start.
    You do know that rim is cdn rite?
    colin97 likes this.
    01-16-13 12:46 AM
60 123