Hello,
    It may seem a little paranoid , but I have some concerns.
    I have a device with 7.1 OS with BIS but I am looking for a BlackBerry Classic.

I know that a device with BIS has encrypted or secured traffic on BBM, Browser, Mail, Voice Calls (I'm not sure for this), and other applications.
    If 10 OS doesn't need BIS... for Browser, Mail, Text Messages, Voice Calls and other applications, encrypted or secured traffic doesn't exist?
    I read that on 10 OS only BlackBerry Messenger has secured traffic. Is it true?
    Browser traffic on 10 OS has also compressed traffic, like on 7OS? I need to know for roaming data.

Thank you for your time.
    06-20-15 06:11 AM
    Outside of BIS/BES, traffic behaves the same as any other mobile platform.

As far as security aspects of an non-BIS/BES BlackBerry, please see:
    http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2015/0...-at-endpoints/

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2252
    06-20-15 06:18 AM
    Hello,

I know that a device with BIS has encrypted or secured traffic on BBM, Browser, Mail, Voice Calls (I'm not sure for this), and other applications.
    If 10 OS doesn't need BIS... for Browser, Mail, Text Messages, Voice Calls and other applications, encrypted or secured traffic doesn't exist?
    Browser traffic on 10 OS has also compressed traffic, like on 7OS? I need to know for roaming data.

Thank you for your time.
    You are quite mistaken. BIS has never provided any encryption of traffic. BES always has, but not BIS. In that regard since TLS has become used almost everywhere BB10 and even other smartphones provide better security for your data in motion than BIS.

If is true that moving from BIS to BB10 you give up the compression. But again as more sites go to TLS compression becomes less useful because you can't compress encrypted traffic, you have to compress it before it is encrypted.

You may use more data with a classic, but that will probably be because it is a more useful device and your usage patterns will change. I've used a Z10 since they were released and rarely go above 150 MB billable data per month. Other people use many GBs. Depends on how you use it.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.798 SR 10.3.2.516
    06-20-15 06:56 AM
    Richard Buckley, you are right about usage patterns. I have BIS with 500mb and I use 100MB/month. My girlfriend with Iphone use 1,5GB/month. I'm worried about roaming traffic. But I can get over it.
    Hmmm...I need to read more about data security on BIS vs OS 10.
    06-20-15 01:14 PM
    Richard Buckley, you are right about usage patterns. I have BIS with 500mb and I use 100MB/month. My girlfriend with Iphone use 1,5GB/month. I'm worried about roaming traffic. But I can get over it.
    Hmmm...I need to read more about data security on BIS vs OS 10.
    When reading about BlackBerry security you should go to official BlackBerry sources. Definitely don't depend on the press, they often get things wrong.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.798 SR 10.3.2.516
    06-20-15 01:22 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for your time.
    Summary

BIS = BlackBerry Internet Service, (Compressed Data)

This is basically "data" you purchase in advance (like most things) and you can use BBM, Facebook ect as much as you want.

BES = BlackBerry Enterprise Suite (Encrypted Data)

This is offered for both BB7.1 and BB10 devices. And all your traffic is securely transmitted. Your data will either be compressed or not depending on which OS you are running.

With regards to data compression, the only place where the is data compression is through BBM, otherwise everything is full detail "rich" data. You can turn of "compressed" data for BBM if you like.

There is a high chance you will use more data on BB10 simply because everything download in full quality but there are always Wi-FI hot spots here and there is you need

BlackBerry 10 is awesome, and from what I've heard the Classic will be a really nice transition from BB7.1

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    06-20-15 01:58 PM