Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB 10 on BES 5 with SP2

So my messaging team advised that they will not be upgrading to newest BES. I asked them about BB10 support and all they said was find out if it works with BES 5 with SP2.

Searching for details but can't find anything concrete. Does it mean I can't connect with BB10 and get messages via BES. I can do it via webmail etc but UGH.
    CrackBerry User

It will NOT work with BES 5. You will need BES 10.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Hmmm well that sucks, looks like I may need to rethink on upgrading my 9900 Iphone's work with our setup but you can only receive messages not send unless you send through a gmail account you setup specifically for corp email sending. Pain in the as s, generally only the IT guys have iphones/Android the rest of company globally uses BB.
    Man I already reserved my BB with Rogers. I guess I do have 30 days or 30 minutes or whatever there policy is. Doesn't really matter as I will SIM swap on new BB so it looks like i've never used it if I need to return.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,347 Global Posts

Default Re: BB 10 on BES 5 with SP2

BES10's May update should allow the same server to support BB10 devices and BBOS devices, according to RIM. The initial release on Jan 30 will require to separate servers. Stupid not to make it single serve on Jan 30 IMHO, and will probably delay uptake in business, but it is what it is. So maybe your company will updat after the May update. But if iPhones and Androids work, likely with EAS, then BB10 should work too.