No been 12+ hours, I updated on may 14 at night

Posted via z10
    05-15-13 03:50 PM
    Ok.

People are so friendly around here. Great advice, instead of asking for something mandatory, surely I should fix myself and buy myself a alarm clock instead.

Multiple alarms due to different schedules. Always later on Tuesdays and Fridays.*

And then we have vacations, it's simple, doesn't require work. Surely one alarm is enough, but going for BB I did not consider not having the ability to have several alarms enabled, I must be crazy
    Devils advocate here, why can't you take the 2seconds and circle the alarm to where it needs to be for the said day??
    schumang likes this.
    05-15-13 03:54 PM
    The Active Frames page is a bit laggy, which is really very surprising.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 04:04 PM
    My Z10 didn't make my coffee this morning.

It's currently sitting on the counter NOT making dinner.

WTF is this garbage.

-Chris-
    05-15-13 04:11 PM
    Listening to everyone bicker and argue on this forum is more entertaining than an episode of Jerry Springer. The only difference is there isn't a sobering word of eloquent sanity at the end...
    Javid Gozalov and JeepBB like this.
    05-15-13 04:18 PM
    wow even the update to have the button bring up the lock screen doesn't work.

All it does is show me the wallpaper with various icons of emails etc. IT already did that.
    05-15-13 04:30 PM
    Listening to everyone bicker and argue on this forum is more entertaining than an episode of Jerry Springer. The only difference is there isn't a sobering word of eloquent sanity at the end...
    No bickering here. I just can't understand why someone who is asking for help or hinting they want help is been aggressive. Surely the best way is to ask nicely and not call people **** suckers. Or did I miss the latest memo on Internet etiquette?

As for the multi alarm thing. Well I wouldn't say it's a nessesity but maybe would be helpful. However for reminders and such I have just got into the habit of using the calendar. I use the alarm to wake me up and to remind me my break is over.

Posted via CB10
    Savior4Life likes this.
    05-15-13 04:31 PM

All it does is show me the wallpaper with various icons of emails etc. IT already did that.
    If you go into your settings, you change it there!!! Omg you are a waste of time, I hope you do get a Perma ban!

Posted via my ZED 10 on CB10
    NotGoodIMO and jlaros like this.
    05-15-13 04:40 PM

Learn to use your phone before you come in and whine about it!!

Posted via my ZED 10 on CB10
    NotGoodIMO and jlaros like this.
    05-15-13 04:41 PM
    Yes, there are many people with many points of view with many issues on this forum. It's too bad that CrackBerry can't provide a breathalyzer test before we can actually post; however, I do find that a good glass of beer or wine helps remedy the situation. Entertaining it is.
    Savior4Life likes this.
    05-15-13 04:47 PM
    Every appointment on my calendar has an alarm 15 minutes before.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 04:48 PM
    Devils advocate here, why can't you take the 2seconds and circle the alarm to where it needs to be for the said day??
    Oh I did already, but that didn't come to my mind the first week or so, haha so lost quite some time there.

Had to use my old phone alarm clock. But it's just the simple matter of what a alarm clock should be used for, and what the calendar should be used for, simple as that. Heh, but valid point
    cckgz4 likes this.
    05-15-13 04:53 PM
    Well I just updated to 10.1.

1. Still no multi alarm :S. Basic android phones from 2009 have this as a stock feature, whats BB excuse?
    2. Email forever sync - well now I have emails from 2013 & 2007. Apparently BB doesn't recognize years 2008-2012 as real! LMAO :S
    3. Custom Notifications - ONLY VIBRATE. No way to change LED color even though many websites claim this including CB, ZNET etc

These are the major ones that for some reason .............
    When a big update like 10.1 comes out and all you can think of is negative stuff then that shows symptoms of trolling mania. Time to have a checkup.
    bungaboy and SINGIDUNUM11 like this.
    05-15-13 04:54 PM
    BlackBerry 10 offered everything I wanted, BlackBerry 10.1 just refined by experience. BlackBerry 10.2 will be UNIQUE!
    SINGIDUNUM11 likes this.
    05-15-13 04:54 PM
    No random reboots, not sluggish, I have emails from 2007 to present, I haven't had any bugs to report, since doing the update yesterday, my phone has actually been a lot smoother than prior to yesterday. Battery life has increased. No one ever said BB would allow you to change LED colors, that's why Bebuzz and HUB++ are available...
    Please start your own thread. We need some positive threads about 10.1 update. From looking at Crackberry, it seems 10.1 update has been an absolute disaster.
    05-15-13 04:58 PM
    Gents, be courteous to these people seeking help. When they get angry, they are only angry at themselves for their own stupidity, because they ask first before trying to figure it out for themselves.

It's a popular trend. Just not one I would advise joining in.

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    05-15-13 04:59 PM
    Is it difficult to set your alarm before you go to bed?
    You obviously have never used the feature on an Android phone. It's very beneficial, especially for those that have set schedules. I always have two alarms set up on my android, one for m-f and then weekends. Never had to alter my settings. Well now I do on my z10 because I don't wanna wake up at 6am on Saturdays and Sundays.

Jerk.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:01 PM
    Please stop with the profane posts. One more outburst will require more action from the mods which you will not want.
    Barljo and Prince Radebe like this.
    05-15-13 05:02 PM

Check under Settings.... it's there
    05-15-13 05:05 PM

BB 10.1 Disapointments - POST HERE-img_00000007.png

Is this the option you were looking for?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:28 PM
    You obviously have never used the feature on an Android phone. It's very beneficial, especially for those that have set schedules. I always have two alarms set up on my android, one for m-f and then weekends. Never had to alter my settings. Well now I do on my z10 because I don't wanna wake up at 6am on Saturdays and Sundays.

Jerk.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. While I'm a huge BlackBerry fan and have purchased most of their phones since my first bold 9000, I find that crackberry is BlackBerry's worst enemy. To put it in a nice way, the "nut hugging" will only hinder the growth of the brand.

I really want to see BlackBerry succeed but some of the brain washing from some loyal fans is harming the brand. And product.

The op raised a few important points here and asked a question, and the solution was to "do it yourself". Really? Some people have different schedules every day of the week and you expect them to manually set their alarms every night, or use a ghetto old school alarm?
    There are a lot of basic features that bb10 doesn't come with, that have been basic functions on other platforms for years. To help improve the product, instead of shrugging off these basic issues, why not bring it up and escalate it? If more people are talking about it, perhaps BlackBerry (which I think monitors these forums) would be more aware of the importance to these issues.

It's easy to get defensive when someone criticises your phone of choice (especially for BlackBerry fans the past few years) but the only way to improve is to accept your flaws and work towards fixing it.

While I agree that bb10 is a whole new platform, and patience is needed, there's no reason my HTC magic running on android donut 1.5 in 2008 would have multiple alarms, and the bb10 not having it.

Other things like only having 30 days of email (and now 90 days on gmail). Instead of telling people to login to your browser to manually search for old emails (as I've seen in other threads), this function should be made available from day 1.

Can't customise your led lights? Instead of telling people to buy bebuzz, how bout raise an issue about it? The 9900 had it in the later os releases, I don't see why the z10 can't.

I'm sure there are a lot more of minor flaws that people think should be a basic feature. How about setting a different background wallpaper for the lock screen?

I'm assuming everyone here is a BlackBerry fan and wants to see it succeed, in order for the brand to improve, some of this bias has to stop.

Just my two cents.

Oh and this post was proudly typed on my z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:53 PM
    Multiple alarms - what I don't like is the fact that a few weeks ago we had loads of threads where many users said how much they'd like multiple alarms. Then bla1ze put up an editorial poll saying how many of us would like to see multiple alarms. Then hundreds of users who supported the idea of the feature went and raised their voices for it. Even bla1ze said c'mon BlackBerry, do it.

All of this activity is great, with users who communally have spent more than $150k with the firm have raised their voice for a small and cheap feature to add.

And it didn't come. And then anyone who complains about it's absence after all this effort and positive feedback is called a whiner.

It's about time that these people who abuse those who dare to raise their voice learn to shut up or start facing abuse themselves.

The limited alarm functionality is a cheap issue to fix. We asked very nicely and democratically for the feature. Disappointment at the refusal should be totally understandable. Calling us whiners means that you must be undercover gatekeepers. Otherwise you would be shoeing sympathy, "Yeah, we asked for that and it's like so easy to fix, what a downer, c'mon BlackBerry " etc etc.

Gatekeepers shut up.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:57 PM
    Ya I already turned it on from the beginning but still doesn't do anything. I even turned it off and still nada

Posted via z10
    05-15-13 05:59 PM
    Ya I already turned it on from the beginning but still doesn't do anything. I even turned it off and still nada

Posted via z10
    So based on that have you tried the following. Soft reset from the power menu, failing that a full battery pull. If that still doesn't sort it, which is what happened with me, I backed everything up and did a complete phone reset to factory default. I did this with the Windows BlackBerry Link software. This resolved my issues. Then I simply restored everything.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 06:14 PM
    Well I just updated to 10.1.

1. Still no multi alarm :S. Basic android phones from 2009 have this as a stock feature, whats BB excuse?
    You speak assuming that BlackBerry aren't going to put that feature in. How do you know they won't?

As others have mentioned, calendar has a similar feature. A reasonable guess is that both calendar and alarm goes though the same subsystems.

Given that 10.1 is geared to having getting the q10 and z10 out, particularly to the US, they're probably dealing with AT&T crap, and ended up leaving it for later.

What's more annoying? Needing to change your alarm? Or having the calendar reminder broken for a meeting alert.

Take a deep breath. No one said they aren't going to fix that. I have to deal with the alarm BS just like you, but I get far more upset missing my meetings.
    05-15-13 07:07 PM
343 1234 ...