you need to rem these forums exist for talking and venting. OP prolly may or may not have tried to get @ BB, we don't know.
    There is venting and then there is calling people fan girls and worse when they don't get their way. OP maybe frustrated but no need to say what he has been.

But hey oh who am I but a user.

Posted via CB10
    web99 likes this.
    05-21-13 12:56 PM
    if you read some of those replies, they don't answer or help the question. most of pro BB comments are aimed towards the OP and not the faults of BB. Soo many fans here take it personally when someone critiques BB. Not everyone is going to sugar coat their critiques to make BB fans feel less offended. some type when they are annoyed and frustrated, others are trolls etc. if you feel offended by a persons thread against something u like, walk away.
    And there are people like me who have not had issues and 10.1 seems to have made things better. I realize that some people are having issues, and sometimes it comes down to a persons configuration of their phone, and if they are running a leak or official 10.1 made for their specific carrier.

I haven't had a random reboot except for once back in late march, so that's 1 time out of 3+ months having the phone.

Things like multiple alarms, i have stated time and time again, it's nice to have the option, but some people may need to learn how to set the alarm for whatever event they need for throughout the day (using the calendar function for now) and people that work at one time for 3 days a week and another time the other days of the week, can learn to set the alarm when they go to bed, as I assume they use the bedside clock feature, which needs to be activated by physically pulling down the screen, it would take an extra 2-3 seconds to set the alarm accordingly, but I am all for the option to have multiple alarms.

Not all of us are fan boys with our heads up BB's a$$, some of us prefer what BB has to offer over other products. Not 1 device will do everything the same as another device. Some have LED's and some don't, some have push email, some don't. Just because product X has a quad core processor and a 13MP camera, doesn't mean the BB has to have that... I hate when people try to compare
    05-21-13 02:32 PM
    Things like multiple alarms, i have stated time and time again, it's nice to have the option, but some people may need to learn how to set the alarm for whatever event they need for throughout the day (using the calendar function for now) and people that work at one time for 3 days a week and another time the other days of the week, can learn to set the alarm when they go to bed, as I assume they use the bedside clock feature, which needs to be activated by physically pulling down the screen, it would take an extra 2-3 seconds to set the alarm accordingly, but I am all for the option to have multiple alarms.

Not all of us are fan boys with our heads up BB's a$$, some of us prefer what BB has to offer over other products. Not 1 device will do everything the same as another device. Some have LED's and some don't, some have push email, some don't. Just because product X has a quad core processor and a 13MP camera, doesn't mean the BB has to have that... I hate when people try to compare
    I really liked your post, I think your reasoning is wrong on two points though.
    First of all, we as consumers are in a better place than ever before when it comes to devices and software. We also have become more educated as to what is reasonable to expect and what not. Now we have one alarm on BB10. Maybe it is all that some people need but it does not meet everyone's demands. And it is pretty obvious that it is not that hard to implement. Others have done it for years. And so the question is, why is it not available here? Blackberry could come out and say that it'll be there in a month or soon or whatever. But at this point in time there is less reason than ever to adapt to particularly bothering limitations of any device. People will just get a device that does not have these limitations (but, to be realistic, will have other limitations which then hopefully will not bother them so much). Especially when it is as easy to fix as the multiple alarm thing, it is in the best interest of the manufactorer to meet the customer's demands. And all those who tell people to change their habits might mean just that but the message on the recieving end of this advice is "just get an s4".
    The second point concerns expectations. Some might be unrealistic and even if they are close to what's possible, consumers need to realize that there is always a trade off. You just can't have a blindingly bright display with a quad core cpu and expect your battery to last 4 days. That is a technical limitation that people have to realise exists when they buy a phone for its specs. But when it comes to using what's happening within these technical limitations, that is something for the consumer to pick and choose.
    Lastly, at least in my country, the q10 cost 100 euros more than an S4 or iPhone 5. And if that situation is true for other countries, it might explain some of the frustration when it comes to the abscence of one of the most basic features of a mobile phone today.
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    05-21-13 06:11 PM
    Great update... BUT:

1. Why no Transit directions in BB Maps?
    2. How come no advancement in Voice Control? Ex. I want to ask about the weather or find the nearest sushi place.
    3. Why is there no native and integrated stock app by Blackberry?
    4. How come there isn't a built in Panorama, HDR and Grid option for the camera?
    5. A notification pane within drop down menu would be great (quick access to messages, weather, stock ticker, news headlines from anywhere in the phone).
    6. How come Facebook doesn't have a share button in app?
    05-24-13 07:30 PM
    Great update... BUT:

1. Why no Transit directions in BB Maps?
    2. How come no advancement in Voice Control? Ex. I want to ask about the weather or find the nearest sushi place.
    3. Why is there no native and integrated stock app by Blackberry?
    4. How come there isn't a built in Panorama, HDR and Grid option for the camera?
    5. A notification pane within drop down menu would be great (quick access to messages, weather, stock ticker, news headlines from anywhere in the phone).
    6. How come Facebook doesn't have a share button in app?
    1) true
    2) because voice control is crappy, even Siri.
    3) What?
    4) Camera has HDR in 10.1
    5) Hub IS your notification, for everything else there's active frames.
    6) Facebook does have a share button.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:05 PM
    Z10 UI has become laggy after the update. It lags a lot when I minimise an app and when I swipe to the active frame view. Is anyone else having this problem?
    My model no. is STL 100-1.

Posted via CB10
    Same. This is the biggest problem I have with 10.1... i cant believe the UI (active frames especially) is starting to lag

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 02:51 PM
    Same. This is the biggest problem I have with 10.1... i cant believe the UI (active frames especially) is starting to lag

Posted via CB10
    Yes same device stl-1 os 10.1.273 with the same problem.. hope blackberry release the next update soon to solve this problem

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 04:00 PM
    Has any one else noticed that when you are calling Only the name of the person appears . The number and the company name are missing. I hope same is resolved with the upcoming update. Also if the contact i am calling has multiple numbers then it should also ask which number to call. Same was available in Legacy devices. This is a must option.
    05-28-13 09:59 AM
    So far i've found the 10.1 to be snappy and good overall. However 3 days in a row now I've had WhatsApp freeze on me. I'm not sure if it's WhatsApp or 10.1 but it nevertheless happens.

New text selector is a big improvement. The HFT feature also improves on photos. No lag for me and I think the browser works a little better - especially for sites with frames.

Has anyone else had issues with WhatsApp freezing and requiring a reboot?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:09 AM
    I have noticed something. The UI is not always laggy while minimising the app or swiping to the active frame page. It happens when the active frames have frequently changing contents. Apps like BBWORLD or CB10 keep cycling through different info whenever you go to the active frame page. That maybe by minimising an app or by swiping to the right. I hope what I wrote is understandable. Any similar observations?

STL100-1

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    05-28-13 01:07 PM
    To many pages to look through, but mine are keeping me from using the phone:

1) Not able to change volume for different profiles
    2) Emails still showing filed messages even though I have it set not to
    3) The inability to have an icon over an email showing if it was replied to or forwarded.
    4) The LED time out
    5) The inability to have an audible missed call reminder within the phone or HUB++ or BeBuzz.
    06-01-13 07:11 PM
    1) true
    2) because voice control is crappy, even Siri.
    3) What?
    4) Camera has HDR in 10.1
    5) Hub IS your notification, for everything else there's active frames.
    6) Facebook does have a share button.

Posted via CB10
    Could you tell me where the share button is in the Facebook app?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 03:09 AM
    Transition is choppy when swiping up on pictures app when there is an open picture.

Posted via my sexy Z10.
    06-02-13 04:51 AM
    Could you tell me where the share button is in the Facebook app?

Posted via CB10
    Long press on a post, video, etc and the share icon slides in from the right.

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    06-02-13 10:35 AM
    Are you guys having difficulties in uploading photos on twitter via the share option? Mine just keeps on failing to upload even though I have a really good wife connection since I just uploaded a ton of photos on Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 12:53 PM
    I have a really good wife connection

Posted via CB10

You used HOW much lube?
    06-02-13 01:04 PM
    No 10.1 here ...
    06-17-13 03:56 AM
    i use 10.1 and laggy at first time, and phone often hot.
    and i do factory reset, use micro sd 16gb class 6, now better not laggy like before, and less hot phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 11:13 AM
343 ... 121314