Started the day with a new OS and a fully charged battery. (charged overnight).

Throughout the day I was monitoring the battery performance, and I was impressed that at around 16h00 the battery was still at 50%.

Much to my dismay, the phone died on me at around 17h00, problem being that the battery indicator was reporting that it still had (exactly) 40% juice.

Did a quick battery pull, and put the phone on charge. Waited out the blinking yellowish light and when the phone turned on, the indicator reported the battery to be charging, but at 40% juice!

Now I know the device has to settle with the new OS, but this is a whole other beast.

Anyone else experience this?

CB10/Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1 /Telkom Mobile South Africa
    01-29-14 12:14 PM

Throughout the day I was monitoring the battery performance, and I was impressed that at around 16h00 the battery was still at 50%.

Much to my dismay, the phone died on me at around 17h00, problem being that the battery indicator was reporting that it still had (exactly) 40% juice.

Did a quick battery pull, and put the phone on charge. Waited out the blinking yellowish light and when the phone turned on, the indicator reported the battery to be charging, but at 40% juice!

Now I know the device has to settle with the new OS, but this is a whole other beast.

Hi there! Welcome to Crackberry!

Are you still experiencing this issue? I wonder if it might be an app that is not quite working well with the new OS.
    02-01-14 07:00 AM
    i think that's a known issue of the stl100-1, it used to happen to me in the 10, 10.1 versions, but it stop after 10.2+, to fix it, wait until ur phone totally discharge, take off the battery, your sim and your sd for a couple hours, 2 or 3 make the trick for me, and then put everything in, and plug it to the charger, when the phone turns on automatically the battery indicator should be around 10%, good luck
    02-01-14 07:19 AM

I have one better. I left my phone on charge while updating (I was sleeping) when I woke up it was at 100%. Left the phone on the charger anyway, and realised that the phone says it's charging, yet the battery is going DOWN...

Posted via my WhiteBerry ZedTen
    02-01-14 07:22 AM
    i think that's a known issue of the stl100-1, it used to happen to me in the 10, 10.1 versions, but it stop after 10.2+, to fix it, wait until ur phone totally discharge, take off the battery, your sim and your sd for a couple hours, 2 or 3 make the trick for me, and then put everything in, and plug it to the charger, when the phone turns on automatically the battery indicator should be around 10%, good luck
    That is not a fix, I have sent an email to Michael Clewley and he said he will let the team look into it.

This issue has been there since 10.0 and till now with 10.2.1 I still have the issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 07:37 AM
    That is not a fix, I have sent an email to Michael Clewley and he said he will let the team look into it.

This issue has been there since 10.0 and till now with 10.2.1 I still have the issue.

If you really fixed it then, can you run it down to 1% ?
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 07:39 AM
    Hi there! Welcome to Crackberry!

Are you still experiencing this issue? I wonder if it might be an app that is not quite working well with the new OS.
    Thank you.

Yes, unfortunately, although the phone has now died three times at 32%, and not the 40% like the first time.

I did a clean install of 10.2.1, only having stock apps installed when I posted the thread. Do have a couple of other apps now though.

02-01-14 07:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. I appreciate the help.

02-01-14 07:43 AM
    Thank you.

Yes, unfortunately, although the phone has now died three times at 32%, and not the 40% like the first time.

I did a clean install of 10.2.1, only having stock apps installed when I posted the thread. Do have a couple of other apps now though.

You need to let the phone die. Then take the battery out for an hour. Then charge it to100% with no interruptions (meaning don't play games or anything)

I've had the same issue and have the same model. This is what worked for me

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 08:31 AM
    Have been getting this since I loaded the 10.2.1 leak. No solution yet. I have tried all suggestions in CB forum.

I have seen that if I unplug the charger before 100% I can avoid the wrong calibration. If I let the phone connected to charger after 100% it changes calibration based on time I left it connected.

Z10, STL100-1, 10.2.1.1925
    02-01-14 08:31 AM
    You need to let the phone die. Then take the battery out for an hour. Then charge it to100% with no interruptions (meaning don't play games or anything)

Posted via CB10
    I've had this issue for a while. How exactly do I let my phone die? I've tried pulling the battery for hours and then charging, yet it keeps coming back. I can't get it to die fully because it turns off at 40-50%. Just now, I listened to some music and had 79% left. Turned off my phone to put in my sim card and it rebooted at 49%.
    Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    02-01-14 09:59 PM
    I've had this issue for a while. How exactly do I let my phone die? I've tried pulling the battery for hours and then charging, yet it keeps coming back. I can't get it to die fully because it turns off at 40-50%. Just now, I listened to some music and had 79% left. Turned off my phone to put in my sim card and it rebooted at 49%.
    Thanks in advance!

You're battery is actually empty when it turns off! Whether it's 50% or more it's empty, the phone doesn't know it's 0% and thinks it's 50% for some reason! This is a major issue but neither Crackberry nor BlackBerry did anything or even talked about it. I wanted to get my friend a Z10 but with this issue she will go back to her iPhone in no time.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 03:02 AM
    You're battery is actually empty when it turns off! Whether it's 50% or more it's empty, the phone doesn't know it's 0% and thinks it's 50% for some reason! This is a major issue but neither Crackberry nor BlackBerry did anything or even talked about it. I wanted to get my friend a Z10 but with this issue she will go back to her iPhone in no time.

Posted via CB10
    It seems to be an issue that affects STL100-1 models mainly. I wish it was properly addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using the CB Forums App
    02-02-14 09:20 AM
    It seems to be an issue that affects STL100-1 models mainly. I wish it was properly addressed.

Yes only STL100-1, I just hope this isn't a HW issue or it will be bad.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 10:57 AM
    I am having the exact same issue on my STL-100 with 10.2.1.537. I'll try your suggestions and let you know.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 11:21 PM
    So far its working for me!

02-03-14 08:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I tried your method, but unfortunately it just changed my problem around. Now the battery dies at 8%, but when charging it, it goes full at 70%. I'm including some pics.

Battery Indicator screwed since 10.2.1.537 ??-img_20140205_075529.png

Battery Indicator screwed since 10.2.1.537 ??-img_20140205_075536.png

This is really starting to work on my nerves. Along with the other issues the -1 brings.

02-05-14 12:09 AM
    Thanks. I tried your method, but unfortunately it just changed my problem around. Now the battery dies at 8%, but when charging it, it goes full at 70%. I'm including some pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140205_075529.png 
Views:	350 
Size:	434.5 KB 
ID:	245034

Name:	IMG_20140205_075536.png 
Views:	348 
Size:	415.0 KB 
ID:	245035

This is really starting to work on my nerves. Along with the other issues the -1 brings.

Just keep plugging and unplugging until it starts charging again and every time it stops do the same until it reaches 100%, works all the time with me, but of course it's a temporary fix.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:17 PM

Try this:

Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Z10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Z10 again.

This has happened to a number of users at some point since before 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:44 PM

Name:	IMG_20140205_075529.png 
Views:	350 
Size:	434.5 KB 
ID:	245034

Name:	IMG_20140205_075536.png 
Views:	348 
Size:	415.0 KB 
ID:	245035

Unplug and then plug it back like another user suggested. If it still doesn't reach 100%, then it might be your actual batter.

After using the method I suggested my phone has reach 5% but I never let it go lower.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:55 PM
    Thanks in advance!

When I say die, I mean use the phone until it shuts off on its own.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:56 PM
    Try this:

Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Z10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Z10 again.

Posted via CB10
    This worked for me thank you very much

Z10 STL100-1 on Official10.2.1.1925
    02-06-14 12:28 AM
    Try this:

Posted via CB10
    This has nothing to do with weak chargers, I used my original chargers since day one and had the issue since day one, so it's definitely not the charger.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 06:32 AM

02-23-14 11:39 PM
    I too had a similar problem the battery incidator was wrng and my phone got switch off everytime around 60 or 50%.. and did not get the solution yet.....
    Another problem is that, watever the battery percentage be in phone, wen I connect to pc it shows 100%.
    Wat is BlackBerry goin to do regarding this?
    02-23-14 11:43 PM