So I'm running 10.2.0.1047 from over a month and I would say I am pretty satisfied with that one But,in the last few days,the battery has started to drain sooo fast. For example: this morning with 25 minutes of CB and browsing the battery has gone from 100% to 88%!!! How to test it and how to remedy? Thx all!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 01:49 AM
    Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 01:51 AM
    10-03-13 02:33 AM
    Did you download any new apps recently.
    10-03-13 02:37 AM
    Just a couple of game.. Badland and Dark Arcana I would say.. and I've sideloaded Angry Birds SWII. I already think that it could be a angry birds-related problem but I already shut down the device twice without opening that game..

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:47 AM
    Try to delete Angry birds and then check your batterystats.
    10-03-13 02:51 AM
    I'll try,but why it can influence the battery performance if it is not even lanched or opened?!?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:34 AM
    Because some android apps stay alive in the background and eat up memory. Use task manager on app world to kill them.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    10-03-13 12:36 PM
    I believe they do, too. If I run Google maps, even when I supposedly shut it off, my battery drains like heck. Have to do a battery pull it seems to correct the problem; a simple reset doesn't seem to do it...

R...

Because some android apps stay alive in the background and eat up memory. Use task manager on app world to kill them.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    10-03-13 12:46 PM
    It keeps draining buttery but in the task manager I cannot see it. A battery pull did not help For deleting it,is it ok to just press on it and then press the x? Or I should uninstall in other way? Thx all!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 01:06 PM
    I published a Beta for a new Battery App about a week ago which could help in cases like this.
    It is called BaSA (Battery and System Analyzer)

A lot of stuff is not finished and the next update is still in preparation but what may could be interesting here is already finished. Monitoring the CPU load. This works even at the free version without restrictions.

I would suggest to download the Beta of BaSA (no worries, it won't break anything, even if the App is not completely finished), reboot your phone and start BaSA after the system is up again.
    Minimize the App and turn Wifi and the Display off. Now it is monitoring how much work is done while the Device is in standby. There may happen some peaks, those are caused mostly by the Hub to check for Mails, twitter, facebook and all the other stuff. Don't forget to turn off Wifi. The automatic sync with BlackBerry Link at the desktop could also cause some CPU load which could cause a wrong conclusion.

After some minutes have passed wake up the device again. Open your suspected Android App and close it after playing a little bit with it (do the usual stuff). Now turn off the Display and wait again a few minutes to make the second measurement.

Now go to the App BaSA and Check the History of the CPU load. Adjust the slider to see the timeframe before and after using the Android App. In case of Angry Birds it should be easy to see during which time you were playing the game.
    Now the essential part: The level before and after should be roughly about the same.
    If this is not the case you should repeat the check just to be sure. If you get the same result you can be sure to found the reason for your short battery life.
    smart548 and jpvj like this.
    10-03-13 04:00 PM
    I've downloaded and installed your Battery and System Analyzer.
    Q10 at 100% after charging. I've opened and minimized your app and after about 25 min,without opening a single app (I just left the phone on the table) that's the result!
    Attached Thumbnails Battery drain on Q10 after a month of great performance-img_00000678.png  
    10-03-13 04:54 PM
    I'm really a bit scared of what is happening right now to my phone
    10-03-13 04:56 PM
    CPU at 83 %
    10-03-13 05:00 PM
    CPU at 83 %
    Is this after opening and closing a android App or just after the reboot?

After rebooting a higher CPU load may be normal for some time (for indexing images at your SD card at example). But if it is still so high after a hour or so there is absolutely something wrong if no app apart from BaSA is opened.

What may cause this also is a account at the BlackBerry Hub which gone mad. Maybe removing stuff like twitter and facebook may be a good idea. It should work fine after readding them.

It's late over here where I live, but I'm sure we are able to hunt the reason for the high CPU load down sooner or later. If it is constantly over 80% we have the reason for the battery drain. We just need to find what causes this.
    Have a good night.
    Last edited by QtHelex; 10-03-13 at 05:25 PM.
    smart548 likes this.
    10-03-13 05:07 PM
    I have no facebook or twitter account setted up for that reason Anyway I have made a battery pull, than recharged to 100% and no app opened. Now I've tried to delete anyway Angry Birds SW2 and rebooted the Q10. It's late in Italy also, so that's what I'm doing: keep the phone turned on over the night with absolutely no app opened(I'm actually not opening nothing,just making a call ) and tomorrow morning I'll check out what's going on
    Thx for support! And congrats for your app: looks amazing!
    10-03-13 05:21 PM
    I've downloaded and installed your Battery and System Analyzer.
    Q10 at 100% after charging. I've opened and minimized your app and after about 25 min,without opening a single app (I just left the phone on the table) that's the result!
    Oh, what I've just realised now. Your Screenshot shows the Battery chart, not the CPU. Please ensure you have the correct chart selected (small blue bars, sometimes high, sometimes low)
    Just to be sure to be talking about the same :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:29 PM
    Good luck!

I always find that a hard reset helps.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:32 PM
    tomorrow morning I'll check out what's going on
    Thx for support! And congrats for your app: looks amazing!
    Thanks a lot.

Greetings to Italy. Have a good night and read you tomorrow. :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:32 PM
    I dunno why,but after deleting Angry Birds SWII and rebooting again,the last night the phone passed from 65% to 61%! He is back with is usual performance The app marks just 1.5% average cpu load so I think everything has come back to the usual consumption.. I will still monitor today,but thx for your help: I really appreciate Anyway,I find hard to understand why deleting an app that it hasn't be opened solved the problem.. Plus,sideloading is a great thing but I have to expect that kind of situation everytime in the future? That's the first time I assist to such a battery drain caused by a droid app..

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    10-04-13 02:17 AM
    I dunno why,but after deleting Angry Birds SWII and rebooting again,the last night the phone passed from 65% to 61%! He is back with is usual performance The app marks just 1.5% average cpu load so I think everything has come back to the usual consumption.. I will still monitor today,but thx for your help: I really appreciate
    Great to were able to help.

4% loss during the night is a BOLD statement and 1,5% CPU load ist a extremely low value. Impressive.

I have here 2 IMAP mail accounts, twitter, facebook, a foursquare account and my device (Z10) needs clearly more power.

Anyway,I find hard to understand why deleting an app that it hasn't be opened solved the problem.. Plus,sideloading is a great thing but I have to expect that kind of situation everytime in the future? That's the first time I assist to such a battery drain caused by a droid app..
    The App seems to confuse somehow the Android emulator. It's the reason why I love BB10. At a Android device I had no chance to avoid those Android Apps. At BB10 there is in the most cases a native alternative.

You could check out the game again at the next firmware release. The 10.2 version will bring a lot of improvements and maybe it will work better.

You have now a "reference" stored in BaSA (Battery and System Analyzer). After installing a Android App just check how your device performs during the night and compare it to the value from last night.
    10-04-13 06:33 AM
    Thx again man You app help me a lot! Also because in the BlackBerry task manager I was not able to see so much CPU usage and so understand why the battery is draining I think I'll buy your app soon: loving the info it gives and the graphics ;-)

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    10-04-13 07:02 AM