Is it possible to make a backup using the Sd card kind like how switching from legacy BlackBerry devices to bb10 devices was?

I know it's not available through the os but is there an app for that? Kind of like how titanium backup works for android?

Has anyone heard any plans to have this implemented? I would love to have this available as it would take link out of the equation.

Is this be even possible with bb10? With titanium backup for android root access is required which I know BlackBerry has made impossible for a more secure platform.

I usually just backup my "Settings" as it has all my contact ringtones saved. That really is all I need.

I went on longer than I expected. Deal with it.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:22 PM
    Nope. Sorry :/

The best way to backup is via BB Link.

But let's say you want your contacts, apps and photos backed up.

Well you could use dropbox which is integrated with BB10 in order to backup your photos and videos.
    Use a GMail account to backup your contacts.
    Apps are stored in the cloud @ Blackberry World.

Other then that, you would need BB Link for everything else.
    draconis123 likes this.
    09-23-13 09:39 PM
    Nope. Sorry :/

The best way to backup is via BB Link.

But let's say you want your contacts, apps and photos backed up.

Well you could use dropbox which is integrated with BB10 in order to backup your photos and videos.
    Use a GMail account to backup your contacts.
    Apps are stored in the cloud @ Blackberry World.

Other then that, you would need BB Link for everything else.
    I figured as much. I already use the cloud for everything it's specifically the settings that I want backed up.

Maybe one day this will be possible. I hope.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:47 PM
    I don't think Blackberry will be saving passwords in any manner. Even after loading a new OS, you have to enter the passwords again. I assume this is for security.

Look at the opposite situation, namely Google. They steal your wifi password if you let them.

Making things easy usually results in poor security. Personally I like LInk, well actually the old desktop, which maybe Link will become some day. I hate the cloud and do everything to avoid it. The cloud is the NSA's dream.
    09-23-13 11:48 PM
    I don't think Blackberry will be saving passwords in any manner. Even after loading a new OS, you have to enter the passwords again. I assume this is for security.

Look at the opposite situation, namely Google. They steal your wifi password if you let them.

Making things easy usually results in poor security. Personally I like LInk, well actually the old desktop, which maybe Link will become some day. I hate the cloud and do everything to avoid it. The cloud is the NSA's dream.
    I don't want passwords saved that is a major security flaw. Just the settings option. Contains everything I need for a quick setup. Individual contact ringtones is important to me as I have a bunch set for different things.

You won't be able to avoid the cloud forever. Besides, NSA has all your information anyways.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 11:58 PM
    I don't want passwords saved that is a major security flaw. Just the settings option. Contains everything I need for a quick setup. Individual contact ringtones is important to me as I have a bunch set for different things.

You won't be able to avoid the cloud forever. Besides, NSA has all your information anyways.

Posted via CB10
    The NSA doesn't have all my information....because I use a Blackberry!

With Link, it all was saved for me except for the phone ringing tone, which didn't exist on the new OS.

Thinking back to the original post, I could see the need for SD card transfer and it could be secure if they encrypted the card. That would certainly take a computer out of the picture. But maybe Blackberry logs that we have transferred data via the PC for security. Link is allowed internet access, so that is a possibility. I will try to remember to fire up wireshark next time I do a restore to the phone or a phone to phone transfer.
    09-24-13 03:16 PM
    The NSA doesn't have all my information....because I use a Blackberry!

With Link, it all was saved for me except for the phone ringing tone, which didn't exist on the new OS.

Thinking back to the original post, I could see the need for SD card transfer and it could be secure if they encrypted the card. That would certainly take a computer out of the picture. But maybe Blackberry logs that we have transferred data via the PC for security. Link is allowed internet access, so that is a possibility. I will try to remember to fire up wireshark next time I do a restore to the phone or a phone to phone transfer.
    Less about security and more about convenience. Link takes too long for me.

As for the nsa. You're only "safe" if you're on bes.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 04:42 PM
    You are safer on BES. With a lot of work, you can be safe on BIS. Maybe the new management will show BIS users some love. If Blackberry could make a secure phone service for mere peons, it would be good marketing. A way of differentiating the product.
    09-25-13 12:29 AM
    Do an encrypted backup with Fire Chest Backup. It's free in BlackBerry World.

Doesn't back up settings...yet. We're working on it
    sheeraz_aa likes this.
    10-02-13 10:29 AM