I'm not sure if this is possible or not, but is there a way to extract the OS and radio file off of my BB10 device. I want to install another OS on it, but want to make sure I have the backup in hand before I do......

Thanks.
    01-15-14 08:07 AM
    You can't, but you can usually have an autoloader handy containing the old OS/radio.

Although, if this is what I think it is, your choices of radio are limited (if I remember correctly, QC8930 can use the usual STL100-2/3/4/Q10/Q5/Z30 OS).
    01-15-14 11:20 AM
    You can't, but you can usually have an autoloader handy containing the old OS/radio.

Although, if this is what I think it is, your choices of radio are limited (if I remember correctly, QC8930 can use the usual STL100-2/3/4/Q10/Q5/Z30 OS).
    Actually it IS probably what you think it is...lol. The OS is not really an issue- but the radio file is. If I autoload just the OS, and the radio file gets wiped out for whatever reason, I'll screwed again. Because it cannot be found anywhere else outside the walls of BlackBerry. I know cuz, I've tried, for 6 weeks straight, and my computer now has over 50 GBs of Autoloaders, OSes and almost every single radio file for all BB10 devices developed- including the Dev Alpha ones.

I can access the file system using Ghost Commander- would I be able to grab it from there? I just need to know what to look for.
    01-15-14 11:28 AM
    Actually it IS probably what you think it is...lol. The OS is not really an issue- but the radio file is. If I autoload just the OS, and the radio file gets wiped out for whatever reason, I'll screwed again. Because it cannot be found anywhere else outside the walls of BlackBerry. I know cuz, I've tried, for 6 weeks straight, and my computer now has over 50 GBs of Autoloaders, OSes and almost every single radio file for all BB10 devices developed- including the Dev Alpha ones.

I can access the file system using Ghost Commander- would I be able to grab it from there? I just need to know what to look for.
    Even if you could access the radio system files on-device, you'd still need the original bar file (or at least the signed file) in order to be able to install it.

Mind if I ask which version radio you have?
    mp3hitz likes this.
    01-15-14 11:31 AM
    Even if you could access the radio system files on-device, you'd still need the original bar file (or at least the signed file) in order to be able to install it.

Mind if I ask which version radio you have?
    Good question- how would I find that. I had once tried to look off the board, but there was no hardware name I could find that indicated what type of radio hardware it is.
    In the OS settings>ABOUT- Category OS, it says the radio version is 127.0.1.6380. And the OS is 127.0.1.46.
    Device name= BB-C72D. Model= Unknown. Model Number= Unknown
    That's funny, in all the searches I've done, I never came across any OS designation like that. Will search and see if there's an OS that exists like that.

Any suggestions would be nice ;p
    Again- thanks very much for your input so far. Very helpful.
    01-15-14 11:51 AM
    Good question- how would I find that. I had once tried to look off the board, but there was no hardware name I could find that indicated what type of radio hardware it is.
    In the OS settings>ABOUT- Category OS, it says the radio version is 127.0.1.6380. And the OS is 127.0.1.46.
    Device name= BB-C72D. Model= Unknown. Model Number= Unknown
    That's funny, in all the searches I've done, I never came across any OS designation like that. Will search and see if there's an OS that exists like that.

Any suggestions would be nice ;p
    Again- thanks very much for your input so far. Very helpful.
    If you plug it into Sachesi, the list of installed bars should include a qc8930.wtr5 bar with the version number that you have listed.

As for the OS, 127.0.1.wxyz OSs are internal testing OSs, unlike regular 10.x.y.zzzz releases which are for carrier consumption. I'd keep what you have.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by thurask; 01-15-14 at 02:28 PM.
    01-15-14 11:56 AM