Help Please!

My wife has a Q10. I do a complete backup of her phone on a regular basis using Link. She has two calendars in the phone: her personal HOME local calendar and her LINK calendar which syncs with Outlook (for work).

I want to upgrade to newer OS version. She is still on 10.1 and I would like to move her to 10.2. (yes we are slow!) I know I can do a complete backup.

Should I:
    1. do complete backup
    2. upgrade software
    3. do another complete backup.

I am concerned that if only did steps 1 and 2 above and I backup the phone and upgrade the software, then if something two days from now messes up and I have to do revert back to the backup, that I will loose the software upgrade and would have to start again with the upgrade. Is this true? Adding step 3 would allow me to revert to just after the upgrade.

If the above is correct, then as an alternative If I just backup the "Application data" does that then allow me to restore application data in the future without resetting my phone software?

Lastly, please confirm that my HOME calendar is included in my backup, in either option. I can easily retrieve my work calendar by syncing with my OUTLOOK but as HOME does not sync, I don't want to loose it.

Also if there is a thread that clearly covers this, my apologies, you can direct me there for answers.
    Thanks
    06-09-14 12:54 PM
    You will not lose your software update.

Do a full backup, then update your OS, then do a restore of the backup you just made.

You can then do another backup if you wish.

As for the HOME calendar, I'm not totally sure, but if you do a restore, you should get all your data back. Can anyone confirm this please?
    06-10-14 01:50 PM