I have been using BlackBerry smartphone since 2009. My first BlackBerry was curve 8530. Within one month I upgraded to BlackBerry Bold 9700. Reason was simple, I was mesmerised by the communication and computing power of BlackBerry. Then came Bold 9780,Torch 9860 and Torch 9800. But the best experience came with launch of BlackBerry 10. My first BlackBerry device was Q10. I used it for 1 year 6 month. During this 1 year 6 month BlackBerry launched Z30 followed by Z3.
    I was all ways inclined towards qwerty keyboard that's why 6 out 5 BlackBerry devices where having qwerty keyboard. But as time passed I was started to fell for bigger screen with virtual keyboard. That's when I decided go for bigger screen. But guess what ? I ended up buying iPhone 6 by buying back with by Q10. Reason for leaving BlackBerry -
    firstly less number of native apps. I was fed up with android ported apps.
    Second was my Q10 battery was not giving well on life.
    Third I wanted to shift to bigger screen atleast 5". I should have taken Z30 or Z3. But not opting for Z30 and Z3 was Z30 was not available in complete black and second not opting for Z3 was it's lower specs.
    Within a week I get back to BlackBerry again. I gave my iPhone to my wife. I used the iPhone 6 for 1 week and within a week I came to know that why BlackBerry is called business and smartest phone.
    � It was horrible to know that in iOS you cannot attach a document file while replying or forwarding a mail.
    � No file manager.
    � Native mail app of iOS doesn't have enough option to increase the productivity.
    � Most of the cross platform messaging apps needs to be kept running for real time update.
    � Most annoying thing the physical back button. On 4.7" and 5.5" it's very difficult to use the back button with on handed operation.
    So I get back to BlackBerry with Z3. Now I am eagerly waiting for a high end BlackBerry all touch device with edge to edge design. In end I will like note that it's the apps ecosystem of iOS which makes it smart not the OS. Incase of BlackBerry it's opposite. It's the OS which is extremely smart. And sadly the app development around is poor. But in the end it's the OS which makes you productive.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    10-28-14 01:52 PM
    Welcome back! Have you settled on the Q10 for now -- until the next all-touch?
    10-28-14 02:17 PM
    In end I will like note that it's the apps ecosystem of iOS which makes it smart not the OS. Incase of BlackBerry it's opposite. It's the OS which is extremely smart. And sadly the app development around is poor. But in the end it's the OS which makes you productive.
    I suppose you're reading it right. At least I usually get the same impression when a co-worker or friend is astonished about what my Z30 can do with so little apps on it.
    10-28-14 02:19 PM