Hi there,

Although I've trained my Z10 to recognise my vocabulary, it still substitutes words and phrases for things I regularly say. In my profession I frequently have to use the word 'sexually' for instance, yet every time I do, the BB corrects it to 'sexual lying' whatever that is.

Is there any cure for this? These phrases aren't in my dictionary or word substitution list or whatever it's called. So why does it keep doing this and where do I go to stop it?

Thanks!
    09-15-14 04:52 PM
    I think that is still one of the quirks of "artificial intelligence!"

I wonder if you can enter "sexual lying" into your list of word substitutions and its replacement as "sexually."
    Bartleby001 likes this.
    09-15-14 06:52 PM
    .....another thing I have done is to use acronyms.

E.g I have set it up so that when I type IMHO it gives me "In my honest opinion"

So you could go into settings and when you type in "sexu" it comes out as "sexually"

Mmmm my auto correction seems to work well? I just typed in "sexu" and it appears as sexually? ..i even typed in "swxu" in error and sexually still appears on the frets?

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.2977
    FF22 and Bartleby001 like this.
    09-15-14 08:52 PM
    Hmmm

I'm having no problems with this at all......
    Autocorrect / Word Substitution: how to fix recurring errors?-img_20140915_205359.png
    Autocorrect / Word Substitution: how to fix recurring errors?-img_20140915_205409.png
    Autocorrect / Word Substitution: how to fix recurring errors?-img_20140915_205425.png

Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    09-15-14 08:56 PM
    Your phone is a Mormon.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    09-16-14 01:04 AM
    Thanks guys - although I can assure the middle poster that this is genuine (lol!). I'll try all of the above.
    09-16-14 05:13 AM
    I assume you're a yoga practitioner 8).

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 08:43 AM
    Here's another suggestion: go into Settings / Language & Input / Prediction & Correction / "Clear Learned Words".

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-16-14 09:26 AM
    One more suggestion for recurring incorrect autocorrects. A swipe back across keyboard reverses an autocorrect.
    Make a small habit of remembering to do this every time. Meaning, let it make the incorrect correction, then swipe back across virtual keyboard, right to left, to reverse the change. BB10 will learn from this and it should stop occurring.

The other thing that will work the same way is when "sexual lying" appears on your space bar, swipe up to choose "sexually" instead, which should be sitting on fret above space bar. After choosing the right word a few times, the bad suggestion should stop.
    09-16-14 05:23 PM
    One more suggestion for recurring incorrect autocorrects. A swipe back across keyboard reverses an autocorrect.
    Make a small habit of remembering to do this every time. Meaning, let it make the incorrect correction, then swipe back across virtual keyboard, right to left, to reverse the change. BB10 will learn from this and it should stop occurring.

The other thing that will work the same way is when "sexual lying" appears on your space bar, swipe up to choose "sexually" instead, which should be sitting on fret above space bar. After choosing the right word a few times, the bad suggestion should stop.
    Correction: A swipe back will delete the existing typed auto corrected word. Backspace just enough to correct. 3x doing this tells BB10 to save as a Learned word.

- to the person saying delete Learned Words ... this causes more issues with previously accepted words, surnames (not in emails/contacts), etc all get deleted using this action: Avoid!

@Elite1 ... shame on you with the swipe suggestion. Shame Shame Shame. Backspace in this instance.
    09-16-14 05:37 PM
    Correction: A swipe back will delete the existing typed auto corrected word. Backspace just enough to correct. 3x doing this tells BB10 to save as a Learned word.

- to the person saying delete Learned Words ... this causes more issues with previously accepted words, surnames (not in emails/contacts), etc all get deleted using this action: Avoid!

@Elite1 ... shame on you with the swipe suggestion. Shame Shame Shame. Backspace in this instance.
    Nope, a swipe back works.

Just tried it again, even though I do this on a daily basis.
    I typed "sexually" and a space, it autocorrected to "serially" instead. Swiped back across keyboard and it changed to "sexually" as I had typed.
    09-16-14 05:55 PM

I typed "sexually" and a space, it autocorrected to "serially" instead. Swiped back across keyboard and it changed to "sexually" as I had typed.
    Indeed this worls. However, all of the solutions / workarounds above seem to work. Acronyms are my favourite too, with sentences I use a lot. I hope you can learn your phone to type sexually correctly!

When typing that last sentence, look at how my screen appeared: (you're right!)
    Autocorrect / Word Substitution: how to fix recurring errors?-img_20140917_011554.png

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-16-14 06:16 PM

So now sexually lying becomes serially lying....that could cause more problems!!

CB10/Z10
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-16-14 06:20 PM
    So now sexually lying becomes serially lying....that could cause more problems!!

CB10/Z10
    I doubt it .

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 07:19 PM
    Yes, SuperFly Number One is right, I should have mentioned that when you "Clear Learned Words", it actually clears ALL your "learned" words. I figure if you can't get rid of it with the various prescribed swipes etc., at least this way Bartleby can get rid of it for sure.

An idea I've read in some other forum posts is to allow us to edit the list of learned words, same as how we can edit the personal dictionary and the word substitution list. I like that idea. As an alternative, maybe the help section could list a specific method for removing a word from the list if "learned" words. So folks don't have to read thru numerous conflicting versions of how it's done.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 09:53 AM
    I've posted about the ****ty predictions before. Here's a new one. What language does it think I speak?!
    Autocorrect / Word Substitution: how to fix recurring errors?-img_20140912_110936_edit.png
    09-17-14 12:05 PM
    I've posted about the ****ty predictions before. Here's a new one. What language does it think I speak?!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140912_110936_edit.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	298420
    Mmmm I'm pretty impressed with the auto correct TBH, like I said I have added some personal corrections....in your example it's easy to add OK=okay.

Also in fairness you typed in the full word "okay" so there is no prediction required is there? And if you were actually typing some text you would automatically hit the space bar to move on.
    In these examples though it works as it should...

Autocorrect / Word Substitution: how to fix recurring errors?-img_20140917_183019.png
    Autocorrect / Word Substitution: how to fix recurring errors?-img_20140917_182947.png

09-17-14 06:38 PM
    Autocorrect / Word Substitution: how to fix recurring errors?-img_20140917_183019.png
    Autocorrect / Word Substitution: how to fix recurring errors?-img_20140917_182947.png

09-17-14 06:40 PM