Is there a way to set how you want your Bluetooth devices to connect to your BB10 device? My on my Q10 I have to turn the BT on on the device & then go to my BT settings on my phone, find the device on the list of paired devices & click connect. This SHOULD auto connect when it detects the paired device within range. On BBOS you had a lot more settings, including the ability to decide if you wanted it to connect manually or automatically.
    05-06-13 08:24 PM
    Wondering the same.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:25 PM
    Wondering the same.

Posted via CB10
    Yea it kinda defeats the whole purpose doesn't it?
    Especially if I get a call while driving & want to put it on the hands free.
    05-06-13 08:32 PM
    I was hoping they had fixed this with OS 10. When I upgraded my Bold from OS 7.0 to 7.1 it would no longer Auto Pair with Bluetooth devices it had previously been auto pairing with. I believe it is a matter of making the Bluetooth software on the new BB's backwards compatible with older versions of Bluetooth. At least that's what my car stereo manufacturer said. Just got my new Q10 today was hoping that would solve the situation....guess not.
    05-06-13 09:24 PM
    One of the devices needs to attempt to auto connect. My car always connects to my Z10 immediately when started and when I get within range of the already running car.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 10:32 PM
    I was hoping they had fixed this with OS 10. When I upgraded my Bold from OS 7.0 to 7.1 it would no longer Auto Pair with Bluetooth devices it had previously been auto pairing with. I believe it is a matter of making the Bluetooth software on the new BB's backwards compatible with older versions of Bluetooth. At least that's what my car stereo manufacturer said. Just got my new Q10 today was hoping that would solve the situation....guess not.
    I would hope my $1,200 headset that I just purchased 10 months ago would have the latest BT.

That being said, I have noticed that some devices do auto-connect. But my headset use to auto-connect just fine with my 9900 (BBOS 7.1)
    05-06-13 11:59 PM
    Funny, I have 2010 Chrysler van with bluetooth and there has not been an upgrade on the software for at least a year. I also have a Jabra earpiece, which is about 4 years old, again no upgrade. Both connected automatically with my Z 10 running 10.0. I have upgraded the to the 10.1 leak and the car bluetooth still connects no problem. I have not tried the Jabra since the upgrade.
    05-07-13 06:46 AM
    Wondering the same.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, while it did not seem to work with the release software from Verizon, it does seem to work with the 10.1 leak I am running now.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 10:22 PM
    One of the devices needs to attempt to auto connect. My car always connects to my Z10 immediately when started and when I get within range of the already running car.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, my car autoconnects to my phone anytime it's near it. I was sitting in the lounge during a service and the phone picked it up when they brought it around front when done. Dealer was surprised I went and checked outside without them having to tell me it was there. Was actually impressed the signal stretched that far.
    05-07-13 10:38 PM
    My hand free auto connect whenever I enable the blue tooth on my BlackBerry Z10.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 India
    05-07-13 11:54 PM
    Very strange. I auto connect to my truck , headset at work and external speaker at the lake. I usually setup by on aby car rental with the feature and si fat all have worked. I have rented 3 different cats with no issue.

I have on rare occasions needed to manually connect. I did figure out one problem and that was with my truck. Often in my house I cannot cannautomatically pair to my PlayBook. I found out it was due to still being paired to my truck.

However, for the most part everything pairs automatically after the 1st pairing.

Z10 + PB 64GB = Keep Moving. Posted using CB10 App
    05-08-13 12:11 AM
    Any news on this one? Just got my VZ Q10 and is does not auto connect to my Traverse (9930 did).

When I make the first call during a drive, I have to choose "audio, bluetooth" from the call screen. Subsequent calls connect, but not the first one.

EDIT 7/20: Auto-connect to my Traverse seems to be working correctly now as long as my last phone call in the car was done utilizing bluetooth.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mboujoul; 07-20-13 at 02:02 PM.
    07-18-13 07:23 PM