Hi

I'm a recent convert from Android to BB, with a Q10 running the latest 10.2.

I sometimes get picture attachments which I need to click to download (IMAP w/ Gmail). For the most part everything works perfectly fine, but in some cases the progress bar continues almost to the end and then it gets stuck, never moving again. If the attachment is clicked again, the progress bar starts from the beginning and finishes where it got stuck. The attachment is unavailable for viewing on the Q10 no matter what.

Emails that have this problem can't be forwarded from the device (they get stuck with a "clock" icon in the hub if that is attempted), but open and forward fine on a PC, including the attachment.

Automatic image download is set to off.

If there is no easy answer as to how to fix the problem, is there any way I can debug this?
    Needless to say I've done a fair bit of googling around this.

Thanks
    12-25-14 08:56 AM
    I've had the same problem occasionally but just leaving it for 20mins sorts it out. As I said, it's only once in a while for me.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    12-25-14 06:23 PM
    Leaving those waiting didn't help. Actually, the problem is a little bit more frequent, and more picture attachments are impossible to download, even if small (e.g. 50k). It is now recurring and annoying.

In one email, one out of two attachments downloaded and opened fine, the other didn't.

The device has plenty of space, no other major issues to speak of. Any other hints or directions would be appreciated.
    01-02-15 10:03 AM
    Leaving those waiting didn't help. Actually, the problem is a little bit more frequent, and more picture attachments are impossible to download, even if small (e.g. 50k). It is now recurring and annoying.

In one email, one out of two attachments downloaded and opened fine, the other didn't.

The device has plenty of space, no other major issues to speak of. Any other hints or directions would be appreciated.
    The problem hasn't recurred for me since my last post. I download dozens of attachments per week. The only thing i've done is perform a couple of volume rocker resets since then. I don't know why it happened (it irritated me for about a week) or why the problem sorted itself out. I'm sorry I can't be of further assistance.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    01-02-15 08:20 PM
    I have exactly same problem here on my brand new Passport!!
    Any solutions would be really appreciated!!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 05:18 PM
    I have same problem when I was on 10.2 but this issue was gone since I upgraded leak 10.3, I think email client on 10.3 fixed this issue already, if you don't mind some annoying problem like Wifi icon doesn't display right (but still work well), wifi hotspot is not work, sometime delay screen for phone. You can try 10.3.1.1154, you will have more improvement comparing to 10.2

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 07:17 PM
    I dealt with BlackBerry Support today and he couldn't figure out but he said he'll do more investigation and follow ups.
    I'll update.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 09:27 PM
    I haven't tried 10.3 yet, waiting for the official update. This single issue is nearly a deal-breaker for an otherwise fantastic OS.
    01-30-15 04:48 AM
    It seems that the problem is either mitigated or gone on the official 10.3.1.1565.
    02-19-15 05:05 PM