This may be a lost cause, but I'm willing to try anything.

I'm going to ask Whatsapp to keep supporting BB10 on twitter with the following hashtag :

#SupportWhatsappForBB10

If anyone else wants to join, please do.

Chris

Posted via CB10

Edit: on another thread someone started this petition, let's do this too.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/n...-blackberry-10
    Last edited by ChrisLeNeve; 02-28-16 at 03:08 AM.
    02-27-16 02:15 PM
    Why? They were pretty clear no api development can't move the app forward.

BlackBerry stated that they are not going to add an new or improved apis. IMO this is on BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB, moyah8 and Wybrem like this.
    02-27-16 02:53 PM
    It deosn't need to be moved forwards. If they've kept it on most dead platforms until now (including BBOS) it's because they could develop the core functionality on it. I just want them to keep it in the app world as it is right now

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 03:30 PM
    It deosn't need to be moved forwards. If they've kept it on most dead platforms until now (including BBOS) it's because they could develop the core functionality on it. I just want them to keep it in the app world as it is right now

Posted via CB10
    like anyone else you will have to upgrade your phone..So start to get used to the idea...I don't think they will give a damn about a few people that wants otherwise
    02-27-16 03:35 PM
    It will probably still work for a while, though new features won't be added. And the android app still works, and they aren't dropping android 4 so you shouldn't worry.
    02-27-16 03:39 PM
    But it's only a matter of time before apps stop working with Android jellybean, the version that's in stalled in bb10. Just don't update to the latest versions of Android apps. We're 3 versions behind kitkat, lollipop and now marshmallow. I'm guessing by the end of the year there will be another major os for Android and most apps will be designed to run most efficiently with it.

Sent from my battered and bruised but still kicking (just barely) Z30.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-27-16 08:51 PM
    It's been many months since BlackBerry stopped maintaining their BB10 SDK and developer tools. If BlackBerry simply isn't willing or able to support 3rd party BB10 developers, how can you possibly ask 3rd party developers to support BB10?
    02-27-16 08:55 PM
    Not good, continue with whatsapp

SQN100-3 Q10-10.3.2.2876
    02-27-16 09:02 PM
    This may be a lost cause, but I'm willing to try anything.

I'm going to ask Whatsapp to keep supporting BB10 on twitter with the following hashtag :

#SupportWhatsappForBB10

If anyone else wants to join, please do.

Chris

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I've been thinking about asking Apple to continue supporting my Apple IIe too.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-27-16 09:05 PM
    If whatsApp is so important to you, you shouldn't have bought a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Angry5p1c3 likes this.
    02-27-16 09:07 PM
    #SupportWhatsappForBB10

Posted via my lovely passport
    02-27-16 09:35 PM
    Yup, lost cause.

*C5303
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-27-16 09:40 PM
    Sorry not going to happen
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-27-16 09:44 PM
    I don't use Twitter but i just emailed them directly on their bb10 support email!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-28-16 03:07 AM
    no need for WA!
    sod it we got BBM that can do much better anyway.

this WA, FB LinkIn, Forequare and what not app's are the 1st being deleted of my devices, not bothering supporting this US ****Chat crap.

This companies only want to make money and don't care about there "valuable customers" unless they can sell the data of the very same.
    So because this over hyped companies can't make money with Blackberry user, they not supporting any app's for this clientele, because that does cost money.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    David Tyler likes this.
    02-28-16 03:09 AM
    no need for WA!
    sod it we got BBM that can do much better anyway.

this WA, FB LinkIn, Forequare and what not app's are the 1st being deleted of my devices, not bothering supporting this US ****Chat crap.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    Too bad you can't communicate with BBM, because no one's uses it. It's less effort to sign a petition than to ask everyone you know to use BBM.

Posted via CB10
    dawnjc79 and Barbareren like this.
    02-28-16 03:11 AM
    The problem of WhatsApp is only one. They don't want unofficial client. Ok we are 0.2% of market so they don't want lost the resource. But if a third party developer release a unofficial client, they are going to block immediately.

So WhatsApp need to decide to support or us or accept a unofficial client.

I like every user need WhatsApp and when i watch the market for buy a new device, well i'm complete lost. I don't want iOS, Android or WP. I love BB10 and i don't found a valid substitute.

Anyway let's hope the thing can change
    02-28-16 03:13 AM
    Not good, continue with whatsapp

SQN100-3 Q10-10.3.2.2876
    You clearly don't understand. It's not whatsapp fault. Blackberry isn't giving them or any other 3rd party app dev the tools to take the development further.

People are delusional or just don't want to get it. Besides one maybe two updates its what you see what you get. No more enhancements to the OS or Android runtime engine.
    Dodger52 and rusty502 like this.
    02-28-16 06:48 AM
    You clearly don't understand. It's not whatsapp fault. Blackberry isn't giving them or any other 3rd party app dev the tools to take the development further.

People are delusional or just don't want to get it. Besides one maybe two updates its what you see what you get. No more enhancements to the OS or Android runtime engine.
    sometimes explaining to people is just pointless
    02-28-16 11:28 AM
    Funny how when they rolled out the whatsapp Web client BB10 had it as quickly as Android, while iOS was 'in progress' due to the platforms' limitations.

I highly doubt they can't deliver the core messaging functionality on all the platforms. This is likely a decision based on their upcoming monetization strategies that probably involve selling ads. Either those ad platforms are limited to iOS and Android, or.. they already know no one is willing to pay decent money for ads on these defunct OSes.

Kinda makes me wish they would have actually charged that damn $0.99.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler and hwhver like this.
    02-28-16 11:45 AM
    Kinda makes me wish they would have actually charged that damn $0.99.

Posted via CB10
    No, you don't understand. They will use ads to charge $.49 per month for the ad-less PRO version!
    And everyone knows that 0.99 is more than 0.49! Everyone will love this decision!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 07:40 PM
    sometimes explaining to people is just pointless
    Could be worse - I am sure someone will post claiming that this is all Chen's fault. That he personally paid Whatsupp CEO to stop supporting BB10 - using BB10's marketing budget. ;-)
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-28-16 07:40 PM
    Could be worse - I am sure someone will post claiming that this is all Chen's fault. That he personally paid Whatsupp CEO to stop supporting BB10 - using BB10's marketing budget. ;-)
    Oh, not "will". Someone actually wrote this yesterday. I believe it's in the original whatsapp development thread.

Something like "Hey WA, Chen's here. Wanna BB-guys buy Priv, please stop WA for BB10".

Posted via CB10
    Ronindan likes this.
    02-28-16 07:59 PM
    This approach is great: Don't feel beaten, despite this seems to be a fix and well discussed decision by Whatsapp / BlackBerry. Unfortunetely in current times emotions for a device (os10) is not valuable for these companies and they decide for the worthiest solution.

I think it's good to show them, that there are yet a few BB-users, that stick to this platform and won't strictly follow the market-trend to change to Priv / Android / iOs... They should feel, that there is "someone".

In case, I would have completely sticked to the market-trends in the last years and not thought "I run out of the whole mass and don't chose Android / ios" I would now say "okay, take this as it was decided" But no, I will complain at this decision, although this is only via Mail or twitter-campaign.

Posted via CB10
    seletok and Barbareren like this.
    02-29-16 12:19 AM
    I will sideload whatsapp from googleplay store and run . It will not affect me .
    02-29-16 12:38 AM
147 123 ...