Reading the news on BlackBerry's decision to end design of phones has prompted me to pull the trigger on another purchase of a BlackBerry Passport. I think I scored one that is 6 Months old for $230. I own one now but refuse to go to android so this is the best logical move for me so that I will not have to suffer if heaven forbid I lose or break my beloved Passport.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ann...-partners-here

Has this news prompted anyone else to do the same with their BB10 phones?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 09-29-16 at 04:28 AM.
    09-28-16 05:37 PM
    Good move, actually.
    I don't think I'll buy another Passport SE, but probably it's time to look for spare battery. Mine shows 92% health, it will fall to 55-60% in 2-2.5 years probably.
    09-28-16 05:55 PM
    Good move, actually.
    I don't think I'll buy another Passport SE, but probably it's time to look for spare battery. Mine shows 92% health, it will fall to 55-60% in 2-2.5 years probably.
    Ha looks like it's just you and me lol

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 08:36 PM
    Yeah I still carry a BlackBerry pager as well.
    09-28-16 08:39 PM
    I bought another Classic today. So, I now have 3.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 09:01 PM
    I will be picking up another passport for backup.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The_Passporter likes this.
    09-29-16 12:05 AM
    I will be picking up another passport for backup.

I just did the foot work yesterday on kijiji to acquire a second Passport. My wife thinks I'm crazy cause she is an apple everything person and I want nothing to do with them. Not to mention I don't want one so she can ask for my iTunes password and track my location and spy on my stuff lol.

Reasons for my cult like behavior:

1st- Not iPhone, not Android or Windows 10 phones can offer me the typing experience that BB10 offers me on the Passport. Input of information has to be the gross majority of the activity done on a phone unless you just want it to play games and watch YouTube so this is why I do not want to go without and am setting up a backup.

2nd- Another feature that I can't live without is the Play/Pause button which works even when the phone goes to sleep. On android or iPhone you must wake the phone up maybe type a password and if the media app in question is not in the fore front then you must navigate to it to hit the Play/Pause button.

3rd- is an app called StereoTube. This app is linked to YouTube and you can listen to any songs on YouTube or make a playlist or best of all download to your very own storage as your own property. YAY!!!

4th- the best file manager on any device. Period!

5th- one that has been controversial to some but I find iconic to BlackBerry is the RGB light that you can use to notify you again without waking up the phone saving battery life.

6th- HUB of course. To go into detail could take lots of room

7th- the phone works just as fast as the day I bought it. I know I can't say that about iPhone or especially Android unless you want to continuously wipe and reset the phone as a 6-12 month annual exercise

If I think of more I will ad to this post.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 09-29-16 at 04:27 AM.
    moosbb, moyah8, AYC2112 and 7 others like this.
    09-29-16 04:12 AM
    Reading the news on BlackBerry's decision to end design of phones has prompted me to pull the trigger on another purchase of a BlackBerry Passport. I think I scored one that is 6 Months old for $230. I own one now but refuse to go to android so this is the best logical move for me so that I will not have to suffer if heaven forbid I lose or break my beloved Passport.

BlackBerry is done designing and building their own phones, but they're not done with phones | CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10

Yeah. BB 10 is what I am sticking with and I have a 'stock' of spares lol.
    09-29-16 04:37 AM
    Those of us who have decided to be bitter clingers are stocking up.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 08:01 AM
    I agree with the OP. My Z30 is still as good as when it was purchased. Can't see myself using any other OS, BB10 gives me all I need.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    09-29-16 08:13 AM
    I just did the foot work yesterday on kijiji to acquire a second Passport. My wife thinks I'm crazy cause she is an apple everything person and I want nothing to do with them. Not to mention I don't want one so she can ask for my iTunes password and track my location and spy on my stuff lol.

1st- Not iPhone, not Android or Windows 10 phones can offer me the typing experience that BB10 offers me on the Passport. Input of information has to be the gross majority of the activity done on a phone unless you just want it to play games and watch YouTube so this is why I do not want to go without and am setting up a backup.

2nd- Another feature that I can't live without is the Play/Pause button which works even when the phone goes to sleep. On android or iPhone you must wake the phone up maybe type a password and if the media app in question is not in the fore front then you must navigate to it to hit the Play/Pause button.

3rd- is an app called StereoTube. This app is linked to YouTube and you can listen to any songs on YouTube or make a playlist or best of all download to your very own storage as your own property. YAY!!!

5th- one that has been controversial to some but I find iconic to BlackBerry is the RGB light that you can use to notify you again without waking up the phone saving battery life.

7th- the phone works just as fast as the day I bought it. I know I can't say that about iPhone or especially Android unless you want to continuously wipe and reset the phone as a 6-12 month annual exercise

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I picked up a priv in June, I just can't get used to it. I am not an apps guy. I carry my Passport as well and am always going back to it.

09-29-16 12:09 PM
    I keep checking kijiji for someone who is jumping ship and selling their passport cheap. Still looking but imagine it is just a matter of time before the non loyal users get scared away from bb10.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 07:45 PM
    I keep checking kijiji for someone who is jumping ship and selling their passport cheap. Still looking but imagine it is just a matter of time before the non loyal users get scared away from bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Change you location search to a city with more business you may get lucky. I switched mine from Windsor to London and there were double

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 08:05 PM
    I might stick to Q10's. I like the size and that I can just replace the battery for more cost effective hoarding purposes!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 10:37 PM
    I expect if you wait till WhatsApp stops working that you'll see more of them hit the used market.

Or if Chen was really serious about clearing out the books of hardware debit by the first of the new fiscal year... might be some really nice upcoming firesales on existing inventory (if there is much left).
    09-30-16 02:37 PM

BlackBerry is done designing and building their own phones, but they're not done with phones | CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Contemplating on getting another Passport OG backup and a Passport SE to boot. Ha! But I can't help but feel that the price may go down further. I almost pulled the trigger to get the Passport SE when Amazon had their Prime sale for $314.99 back in July.
    09-30-16 03:46 PM
    I just did the foot work yesterday on kijiji to acquire a second Passport.

Fantastic review and the reasons for keeping BB10 device. Agree totally 👍
    09-30-16 03:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    8th The gestures

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) #ILoveBB10Apps #ILoveBB10 #LoveHelloGames #NoMansSky
    09-30-16 05:18 PM
    And what will you do about your username? The iPhoner maybe?
    09-30-16 05:33 PM
    And what will you do about your username? The iPhoner maybe?
    Lmao! Someone doesn't know how to read

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 07:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    UPDATE :

8th- when on web page press R to view in clear text

9th- keyboard shortcuts for everything

Update thanks to Asvertus
    10th- swipe gestures and swipe to wake.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 07:21 PM
    I just got yet another Passport, making it a total of 29 backup Passports once this one breaks.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 05:49 AM
    Lmao! Someone doesn't know how to read

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I've someone reading for me. Seems like I know how to read just fine:

This article made me pull the trigger!!!-2.jpg

Someone is drunk maybe? Definitely not me.
    10-01-16 09:41 AM
    If I buy BlackBerry Passport OG (as a backup device) this month for how long can I just keep it before the battery deteriorates?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 09:52 AM
    Yes, I've someone reading for me. Seems like I know how to read just fine:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	409307

Someone is drunk maybe? Definitely not me.
    My friend I am not getting rid of my Passport so perhaps I am slow but I don't see the connection to what you are implying. I have two Passport's and I will be using them for hopefully years so why would I change my name exactly?
    Did you read anything I wrote in these posts? At all???

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 10:14 AM
29 12