Hi all,

So I have a Z10 (STL100-3) and I've never installed a cracked version. Currently on official 10.1.0.2019. Yesterday I saw the AT&T update to 10.2.1 and wanted to upgrade ASAP having, like many of you, wanted to upgrade in forever (but not wanting to do the cracked update). Ran in to a few issues (battery must be >20%, not enough space, clear some space)... The update claimed it was 680MB-ish, but when it was done, it didn't update me, then told me the update was now 1100MB-ish, so I had to clear more space. I backed up everything, and deleted over 3GB of data.

Now when I go back to the update screen, it said "Update was interrupted" and wasn't doing anything. Infuriatingly now, when I hit Check for Updates, it tells me I'm ALREADY at the latest version!! Since I'm still on 10.1.0.2019 I'm obviously not... Also, I noticed that clicking check for updates comes back instantaneously - before it would take up to 15 seconds to respond while it went to check. Now it doesn't appear to be really checking since it comes back too fast.

I've tried rebooting, etc, no difference.

Blackberry Sync on my laptop sees the update still, and when I try updating from there it downloads, but then hangs when it gets to the end.

This update process has been a nightmare... With all the bugs I've been experiencing (browser barely works right now - many sites I visit don't load completely, and when it hits such a site, no other site will load either, so I have to kill the browser and restart it, for example), and this update process, the quality issues are getting to be unbearable..

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

S.
    04-18-14 05:56 PM
    Your best bet is to download an official OS from the thread. Unrar the file. Plug your phone to your PC and double click the exe. That will install an OS on your phone. Sounds like you weren't very familiar with the process.
    Use the newest OS found here:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!QQlzgRLA!NUlYqX...xae-hBab-u4T5M

Download this and then follow the steps I listed above. Your phone will overwrite everything so backup all your data and settings if you want using BB Link first.
    04-18-14 06:16 PM
    Yes. And it's not a "cracked" version. It's official. Just made easier to install by the great people here on Crackberry.

Via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    04-18-14 06:35 PM
    Uh, guys... thanks for the hints, but that wasn't what I was talking about. I want to use the standard update process, and get the update from AT&T (i.e. Go to "Settings" -> "Software Updates" -> "Check for Updates" -> "Install Update"). That method generally does not wipe the device, and wiping the device is ridiculous to just install an update (backing up "just in case" is one thing, but deliberately wiping it to update is another).

I wanted to know if someone had experienced the same thing, and if there was any way to fix the the phone so that it will go and check for updates again. Basically the official process is BROKEN - it's not a question of not being familiar. I've updated the phone using the official update mechanism before, but now that process doesn't work (either directly on the phone, or via Blackberry Link).

As for the "cracked" thing, yes, I meant "unofficial" and/or "leaked" version. As I mentioned I do not want to use a version I've downloaded from an unofficial location on the internet. Doing that is incredibly insecure.

If all else fails I might have to wipe the device, but that is very frustrating because of a bug...

Thanks!

S.
    04-18-14 08:12 PM
    If you use the Sachesi method you will be able to install the very same AT&T OS without having to wipe your device.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 08:41 PM
    In the end I rebooted again and kept trying blackberry link, and it randomly started updating!

Now Link says I still have a 1100MB update even though the phone is already at that build now, although I haven't tried applying it yet. I'll try it later.

Thanks!

S.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 11:36 PM
    Hi all,

So I have a Z10 (STL100-3) and I've never installed a cracked version. Currently on official 10.1.0.2019. Yesterday I saw the AT&T update to 10.2.1 and wanted to upgrade ASAP having, like many of you, wanted to upgrade in forever (but not wanting to do the cracked update). Ran in to a few issues (battery must be >20%, not enough space, clear some space)... The update claimed it was 680MB-ish, but when it was done, it didn't update me, then told me the update was now 1100MB-ish, so I had to clear more space. I backed up everything, and deleted over 3GB of data.

Now when I go back to the update screen, it said "Update was interrupted" and wasn't doing anything. Infuriatingly now, when I hit Check for Updates, it tells me I'm ALREADY at the latest version!! Since I'm still on 10.1.0.2019 I'm obviously not... Also, I noticed that clicking check for updates comes back instantaneously - before it would take up to 15 seconds to respond while it went to check. Now it doesn't appear to be really checking since it comes back too fast.

I've tried rebooting, etc, no difference.

Blackberry Sync on my laptop sees the update still, and when I try updating from there it downloads, but then hangs when it gets to the end.

This update process has been a nightmare... With all the bugs I've been experiencing (browser barely works right now - many sites I visit don't load completely, and when it hits such a site, no other site will load either, so I have to kill the browser and restart it, for example), and this update process, the quality issues are getting to be unbearable..

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

S.
    NOBODY here will give you an "unsecure" version. Follow directions to the letter and you will have a "secure" phone again. You seem intelligent enough to get your handset working. Stick with it you'll be ok. Read, read, read. Then use Sachesi to do a nondestructive update. It may work for you. When we update, we put our phones on Airplane Mode so no messages come in and mess up the install. Upon the reboot at the end of the update, Airplane mode is then turned off. Let me know by PM if you need or want personal help as I have helped others to get up and running that had similar issues as you are having now.

P.S. When was the last time you cleaned the browser's cookies and cache?

Trusted Member Genius
    04-19-14 01:21 AM