Since I got 10.2.1 I installed instagram and many other apps that till now I never use. Seems app gap was artificial and never was the issue. But carriers are an issue in bb10 sales. Everyone I know think bb10 is using BIS. Even I checked these forums and informed @MichaelClewley about this issue that carriers are charging bis from ppl and that is a draw back.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 12:20 AM
    It may not have been the issue for you but it's safe to say that it was, and in many ways still is, a huge issue for many others.

Z10
    sickyute and DINGSTER1 like this.
    02-10-14 12:24 AM
    True, many others have seen it also: no big rush to get Android apps.

OP's second topic is the fact that some carriers ( and their retail reps) don't know about BIS being unnecessary in the BB10 OS10 phones. This is true.
    02-10-14 06:34 AM
    It was the feeling of wanting every single app that is not available in BlackBerry World, then once I got snap now I'm flipping pages after pages of apps and games on the Play Store and not downloading anything..
    I got used to the way I use my phone in the last year that I don't feel like the apps make that much of a difference..

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.1925
    Davidro1 likes this.
    02-10-14 06:46 AM
    My carrier tried to charge me for BIS. It was a standard requirement when I went to pre-order the Z. I knew this was incorrect, so I had them change it. Had I not known, I would've been paying them 5 bucks a month since April.
    02-10-14 07:18 AM
    The app gap has never been an issue for me, I was actually pleased with the relative quality of BlackBerry apps compared to those available on other platforms.

My concern has always been the lack of testing carried out by BlackBerry and the obvious bugs that make it into the official releases (I'm glad networks are providing us with some protection).

I also believe BlackBerry should clamp down harder on Scam apps, it doesn't take a long time to identify the developers who are responsible and BlackBerry World could become a much more secure store (something which others have failed to implement).

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    02-10-14 07:31 AM
    Like any device people become accustomed to using applications then want them on their next device. I have a lot of apps but what do I use: 8-10 daily and at most 20. Love Z30 which now has pretty much replaced my tablet.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 10:52 AM
    The Verizon rep tried his best to push me away from BlackBerry and towards upgrading my old DROID (which was a great phone) based on the fact that all the apps I am accustomed to would not be available. I haven't missed a single one except for fandango but I suspect if Verizon ever sends the update I can satisfy even that desire.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 11:04 AM
    Since I got 10.2.1 I installed instagram and many other apps that till now I never use. Seems app gap was artificial and never was the issue. But carriers are an issue in bb10 sales. Everyone I know think bb10 is using BIS. Even I checked these forums and informed @MichaelClewley about this issue that carriers are charging bis from ppl and that is a draw back.

Posted via CB10
    So you represent smart phone market measured in billions...

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    02-10-14 11:31 AM