I think 10.4 Peak&Flow should have been what Apple 3D Touch is now. Too bad. I am still buying the Passport Silver Edition.
    09-09-15 01:41 PM
    It's like the took peak&flow to a next level.
    My question is, does it actually use the force feedback of the hardware under the glass to do so or is it just a marketing tool?
    Opening links and calendar within their apps itself is pretty cool. I'm hoping BlackBerry has a lot under their sleeve.
    09-09-15 01:58 PM
    wise choice,I love mine more everyday,lol
    09-09-15 02:01 PM
    Apple is the king of implementation. ForceTouch isn't even new to smartphones but they sure do make it usable.
    09-09-15 02:20 PM
    It reminds me of the BlackBerry storm in a way

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 02:39 PM
    It reminds me of the BlackBerry storm in a way

Posted via CB10
    How so, you touch the screen? Because that's pretty much all that's the same with Apple's implementation lol.
    09-09-15 02:51 PM
    Technology is basically what BB used in the Storm... like all patents.. is a fine line as to what infringement is... it is all in the way it is implimented... you can be sure BB had a hard look ... conceptually ... basically the same thing... another great example of Apple innovation... I am especially impressed with Apple TV voice command... would have though Amazon would have come up with something like that ( satire)....
    09-09-15 02:55 PM
    this 3d touch is totally useless. on the videos the screen was touched for 2-3 secs for anything to happen. basically they could have just made the users tap and hold for 2 secs instead of all this 3d touch crap. other than zooming in in that mech game it had literally no use
    09-09-15 02:59 PM
    Yeah the Force Touch implementation impressed me the most after the Apple TV.

Smartphones for smart people. iPhones for everyone else.
    09-09-15 02:59 PM
    I am just waiting to see how sensitive and true the 3D touch function is. I have a feeling that many individuals will not have a great experience with this technology, at least, in the beginning. I can envision unwanted forceful touches and functions performed by mistake. It seems to me that iOS is becoming more and more complicated as an OS and Apple may very well run into problems with its everyday users. Or I could be dreaming and everything will come up roses for them as it usually does.
    09-09-15 03:12 PM
    It looked silly the way Apple implemented it, but BlackBerry could have made this in a more sophisticated way for BB10.

It just reminded me how sad it is that they actually announced an EOD for BB10. So much more was possible, but even more is possible right now. So everything's good.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 03:35 PM
    I really still don't understand Force Touch. Not bashing or anything, the only thing I got out of it is that when you press lightly you can get a preview of the app and when you touch a little harder you actually interact? Is that about right?
    09-09-15 03:44 PM
    I really still don't understand Force Touch. Not bashing or anything, the only thing I got out of it is that when you press lightly you can get a preview of the app and when you touch a little harder you actually interact? Is that about right?
    That's just the implementation in springboard. Other apps can implement different interactions. So in other apps, for example, this is how peek and pop are implemented. But like on the watch, you can do whatever is appropriate for your app.

The idea is that as developers we can now see how hard a user is tapping and respond accordingly.
    BBPandy likes this.
    09-09-15 03:57 PM
    I am just waiting to see how sensitive and true the 3D touch function is. I have a feeling that many individuals will not have a great experience with this technology, at least, in the beginning. I can envision unwanted forceful touches and functions performed by mistake. It seems to me that iOS is becoming more and more complicated as an OS and Apple may very well run into problems with its everyday users. Or I could be dreaming and everything will come up roses for them as it usually does.
    That's the tightrope that Apple walks. If they add no new features, then they risk people not upgrading to the new phones. If they add too many new features or make them too complicated, they risk losing one of the primary benefits (easy and consistent experience).

I think the success of this feature will depend on how well developers utilize it. We'll see what they do with this in apps. Developers and designers have had some time to think about this since we've seen it on the watch already, and so it wasn't exactly a huge surprise to see it on the phone now.
    09-09-15 04:00 PM
    Force touch is between 'good touch' and 'bad touch'. Any social worker worth their salt will tell you that.

Posted via CB10
    Warlack likes this.
    09-09-15 04:02 PM
    Force touch is between 'good touch' and 'bad touch'. Any social worker worth their salt will tell you that.

Posted via CB10
    #witty

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 04:21 PM
    When I heard about it yesterday the first thing that came to mind was BlackBerry storm.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 07:21 AM
    If Apple or Android implement a weird swipe or gesture, everybody call it innovation. If BlackBerry do the same they say is a disaster...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on AT&T
    09-10-15 11:46 AM
    If Apple or Android implement a weird swipe or gesture, everybody call it innovation. If BlackBerry do the same they say is a disaster...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on AT&T
    Very true!

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    09-10-15 11:56 AM
    Have seen the ad and am actually intrigued. I did not know that such a feature can be so useful.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 01:23 PM
    I hated my wife's Storm and this reminds me of it

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 03:03 PM
    How so, you touch the screen? Because that's pretty much all that's the same with Apple's implementation lol.
    You know how in the storm you had to press the screen in order to text or do other things, that's what I meant it reminded me of
    09-19-15 11:02 PM
    Have seen the ad and am actually intrigued. I did not know that such a feature can be so useful.

Posted via CB10
    But looking at that video I didn't see anything that couldn't have just as easily been done using a long touch. A hard touch will also be long.

Maybe game developers ect. may find interesting uses for this feature, but as for the OS, I don't see any need for it over a long press. The actual press time would be about the same and long press would be easier to do vs hard press. That being said, I have not tried it my self just was videos so maybe it would be different if I had it hands on....

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 08:52 AM