how is it Windows Phone in 2017 finally have Facebook & Messenger created by Facebook today and BB10 don't?
    01-19-17 06:52 AM
    $25 US, once.

BlackBerry World is free to develop for, not that anyone's taking them up on it.
    Not true. I just released a new native BB10 app this month.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=CA&lang=en
    01-19-17 07:03 AM
    how is it Windows Phone in 2017 finally have Facebook & Messenger created by Facebook today and BB10 don't?
    Because the metro app will run on the surface line. MS is also releasing a new surface phone soon. BB walked away from 10
    01-19-17 07:19 AM
    Market presence and corporate clout.
    01-19-17 07:25 AM
    For some time by checking for me app's in BBW it looks like that 99% of the ne listed app's are crap and Droid ports only most of them are useless anyway.
    Good and best app's for BB10 have been written year's back, which are now very much matured.

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    01-21-17 11:00 AM
    For some time by checking for me app's in BBW it looks like that 99% of the ne listed app's are crap and Droid ports only most of them are useless anyway.
    Good and best app's for BB10 have been written year's back, which are now very much matured.

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    That makes sense. With no new BlackBerry api's released there is not a lot developers can do on the native OS that hasn't already been done.
    01-21-17 11:10 AM
    Not true. I just released a new native BB10 app this month.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=CA&lang=en
    Your link isn't working for me It does open up BlackBerry World but it doesn't open up your app page.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    01-21-17 04:13 PM
    Your link isn't working for me It does open up BlackBerry World but it doesn't open up your app page.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    Just search on StockBook
    01-21-17 08:50 PM
    Just search on StockBook
    Found it, thanks. Too bad I'm not into stocks and stuff so I won't have any need for your app. But as a thank you donation for giving us BB10 users a new app and for supporting us, I will buy the app anyway!

Edit: just bought it! Also, @Bla1ze needs to see this, the app seems very feature rich, would be great for a review (on the CrackBerry homepage)!

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    01-22-17 03:57 PM
    I think the better question to ask: "Is how come Windows Phone is just now getting the Facebook and Messenger app from FB?"
    01-22-17 07:14 PM
    I think the better question to ask: "Is how come Windows Phone is just now getting the Facebook and Messenger app from FB?"
    Yes, definitely. I want to know how Microsoft managed Facebook to make apps for them and make BlackBerry to do the same. And do the same with all other major app owners.
    01-24-17 10:40 AM
    Windows 10

New universal apps coming to Windows 10 from Facebook, Uber, and more | Windows Central
    01-24-17 11:42 AM
    Just search on StockBook
    Don't need it but just bought it to say thx. I will play with it and have some fun.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 12:26 AM
    Vistaus and The_Passporter.

Thank you very much for your support.
    01-25-17 03:14 PM
    What's the situation with homebrew/hobbyists devs? How wide is that community? Comparable to Symbian/WinCE/etc. guys?

How long BB would allow people publish their apps?
    02-16-17 03:16 PM
    What's the situation with homebrew/hobbyists devs? How wide is that community? Comparable to Symbian/WinCE/etc. guys?

How long BB would allow people publish their apps?
    I was developing code before BlackBerry had an application store, whether or not BlackBerry allows me to publish my apps won't stop me. Viability of developer tools would be a bigger problem.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    02-16-17 03:47 PM
    I was developing code before BlackBerry had an application store, whether or not BlackBerry allows me to publish my apps won't stop me. Viability of developer tools would be a bigger problem.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    do you still develop?
    03-27-17 04:19 PM
    That's my day job, has been for over 30 years. For a good part of that I was developing enterprise applications for BBOS. In my personal time I still write applications for interesting platforms BB10 included.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    03-27-17 08:56 PM
    Yes, definitely. I want to know how Microsoft managed Facebook to make apps for them and make BlackBerry to do the same. And do the same with all other major app owners.
    Hold on... you want FB to develop a BB10 app? Why would they? Facebook has an Android app that works on the most recent BB. Facebook won't spend resources to develop a BB10 app especially if the OS is "EOL".

And the same applies to "all major app owners"
    03-27-17 09:32 PM
    Hold on... you want FB to develop a BB10 app? Why would they? Facebook has an Android app that works on the most recent BB. Facebook won't spend resources to develop a BB10 app especially if the OS is "EOL".

Who can not understand the difference in Microsoft's power to influence companies vs BlackBerry?
    03-28-17 12:04 AM
    That's my day job, has been for over 30 years. For a good part of that I was developing enterprise applications for BBOS. In my personal time I still write applications for interesting platforms BB10 included.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    Can you mention some of your app in BBW? I see your comments are always clear also for not experts, and you seem to be very competent. I would like to see the apps you developed...do you have a own website?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 04:47 AM

Can you specify which FB android app works on BB10? Can you copy links to apk's? because for me FB, Messenger and Instagram latest apps doesn't work for me

+ almost all major app owners didn't add native apps for BB10 since day one so EOL is not the case and this was too strange thing.

Even with BB 6&7OS FB apps was created by BlackBerry itself, not by FB, this is too strange thing also since we all know BlackBerry was at the peak with 6&7 OS, but they still had to make FB app by themselves..
    03-29-17 03:57 AM
    Can you specify which FB android app works on BB10? Can you copy links to apk's? because for me FB, Messenger and Instagram latest apps doesn't work for me

+ almost all major app owners didn't add native apps for BB10 since day one so EOL is not the case and this was too strange thing.

Even with BB 6&7OS FB apps was created by BlackBerry itself, not by FB, this is too strange thing also since we all know BlackBerry was at the peak with 6&7 OS, but they still had to make FB app by themselves..
    I think you misunderstood me: I said Facebook have an app that works very well on BB's most recent devices (Android devices like Priv), so why would they make a BB10 app. That in addition to the fact that BB10 is EOL.

BB always made their own Facebook app. I think it was a choice back then, so that they have a better control of what the app does. Many phone manufacturer did the same back then.
    03-29-17 07:18 AM
198 ... 678