I have in HUB settings OFF and still shows, I have logged out of facebook app/browser and still appears in HUB. I even deleted account from settings.....

APP is lacking alot so I rather use browser for facebook and don;t want it in HUB and still notifies me of everything when disabled.
    05-26-13 12:47 PM
    I have in HUB settings OFF and still shows, I have logged out of facebook app/browser and still appears in HUB. I even deleted account from settings.....

APP is lacking alot so I rather use browser for facebook and don;t want it in HUB and still notifies me of everything when disabled.
    If you reboot the device does the account still show?
    05-26-13 12:53 PM
    Removing it from your Accounts should do it. Have you tried to reboot your device?
    (sounds like you already did this but going to put it anyways)
    Settings > Accounts > Facebook > Bottom of the screen Delete
    HUB > Settings > Hub Management > Social Applications - Facebook "Off"

Also, screen shot(s) would be helpful. Hold the volume Up and Down at the same time til you hear the click.
    05-26-13 02:32 PM
    If you remove the account completely Facebook won't show up in the HUB at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 02:36 PM
    I think that the option in hub settings just makes it not show up on the list of notification icons when you swipe up, but it still is in the actual hub.

Anyway to remove FACEBOOK from HUB?-img_00000002.png

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 03:14 PM
    I have removed account from settings and as well logged out on browser. Powered off, battery pull and still showing up.

Had this issue since official 10.1 release, even with leaks fresh install and no Facebook setup, or restores but still holding my info somewhete

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 03:15 PM
    Backup device security wipe than restore?

Posted via CB10

Edit: method suggested since you said you've used leaks so there you system information may be fragmented and the data is floating in the OS somewhere
    05-26-13 04:20 PM

Posted via CB10

Edit: method suggested since you said you've used leaks so there you system information may be fragmented and the data is floating in the OS somewhere
    It's because FaceBook is really part of the hub. If you've signed into FaceBook at least once ... then its present in the Hub. Disabling it by turning OFF in Hub Management actually does not remove it. You're aware of the front facing FB application icon on its own on BB10 devices right? If you signed into this ... then it'll reach into the hub because that is where the account is.

Proof: Disable FB in The Hub.
    Go into the hub and you'll still see FB message alerts/updates/etc (depending on your previous preference) still present there. That is because The Hub still recalls the account, even because of the FB icon routed the logon details there. Any time I restore my Z10 from a backup whenever I install a leaked BB10.1 OS The hub daily will alert me through Notifications (crying out to me) that authentication is required. Disabling in The Hub doesn't remove it from the FB application if I go to delete the account there that app immediately has a window shade that jumps to the account details from The Hub.
    05-26-13 08:18 PM
    What makes you think that this would be the case?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 08:18 PM

Posted via CB10

Tried and same result.

So tried to corrupt ( autoloader and unplug) and factory restore and fixed now.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:14 PM
    Tried and same result.

So tried to corrupt ( autoloader and unplug) and factory restore and fixed now.

Posted via CB10
    Was going to be my next suggestion, it was obviously fragmenting and the Facebook account files were hiding deep in the system yet the hub could find them. Soft brick is the end all of be all ways to 'security wipe'

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:10 PM
    What exactly is the point of being able to turn off Facebook in the Hub if it doesn't turn off? That's just silly.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:59 PM
    Was going to be my next suggestion, it was obviously fragmenting and the Facebook account files were hiding deep in the system yet the hub could find them. Soft brick is the end all of be all ways to 'security wipe'

Posted via CB10

I had two users with the same issue where eventhough the facebook accounts had been removed (from settings>accounts>delete) entries were still lingering in the HUB.

By deleting all the facebook accounts again and THEN DELETE THE FACEBOOK APP and restart the HUB. Then you can reinstall facebook from Blackberry World that will save you a WIPE/Restore.
    08-05-13 03:07 PM