10.0.10.99 IS official, but no , there is not yet any power full task manager app on BB10...

Remember brings an rudimentary Evernote integration, but no sync with Lotus Notes Journal or " To Do".

Traveler 9 supports mail, calendar and addresses. Calder works fine with 10.0
    10.99 so far

Posted via CB10
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    03-28-13 04:21 PM
    Traveler 9 supports bb10 and playbook with basic security functionality like enforce a password and remote wipe. You can therefore use it without BDS but balance is the way to go. Tasks and memos still not supported.

FWIW there is zero benefit in Traveler 9 if you're using BDS as it offers no new functionality other than native BlackBerry support. So no need to run out and upgrade...

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:58 PM
    Hi, I have a BB Z10, and was looking the way to sync it with my traveler account, but I couldn't.
    When I try, a message with error 403 appear. Do you know how can I fix it?
    Other posibilty could be find the traveler application .apk signed to .bar for versi�n 8.5.3.2, (i found the versi�n 8.5.3, but it didn't work).
    if anyone can help me I would apreciette a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Franco from Argentina
    03-29-13 07:42 PM
    Hi, I have a BB Z10, and was looking the way to sync it with my traveler account, but I couldn't.
    When I try, a message with error 403 appear. Do you know how can I fix it?
    Other posibilty could be find the traveler application .apk signed to .bar for versi�n 8.5.3.2, (i found the versi�n 8.5.3, but it didn't work).
    if anyone can help me I would apreciette a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Franco from Argentina
    You need to provide more details about how you're trying to connect. The 403 could mean a number of things...you might not be authorized to use traveler, your user/pass may be wrong, etc. Are you connecting via BDS or a proxy to Traveler? Any Traveler release pre 9 does not explicitly support BB so you have that to contend with as well assuming Notes admins have enabled security for the devices that they do support.
    03-29-13 08:48 PM
    This is what I found:

You can accept a meeting request on the Z10; it updates the calendar on your laptop but does not update the Z10 calendar.
    Workaround : After accepting the meeting invite on the Z10 or laptop; change the mail account setting on the Z10 from Push to Sync Interval or Sync Interval to Push depending what the setting was when the meeting invite was accepted. After the setting is saved the Z10s calendar is updated immediately.

Does it work for you without doing the above?
    03-30-13 07:25 PM
    That really doesn't make any logical sense. If you have a scheduled entry in either the z10 or Notes ActiveSync will sync them up. You might just have to give it time. As for opening the invite, currently (at least with 10.0.10.85) you cannot open the invite. You get an error stating the message cannot be viewed (or something to that regard)

My results are with BDS 6.2 and traveler 8.5.3.2U2 and also traveler 9.

If you are not using BDS then I can't say for sure what your results might be as I have not tested this.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:28 PM
    Problem solved:

Resolution : deleted mail account on the Z10 - re-created. Calendaring works now.
    03-31-13 11:38 AM
    I have heard that users can receive email but they cannot get their z10 calendar to process invites properly. In my case, I want to use active sync as my company is not upgrading to the new BES 10. I should be able to receive emails the use of the calendar is where I have heard rumors that it does not work completely.

Because I'm thinking of getting a bb z10 this is a showstopper. I'm looking for a workaround. Can you advise on your use case and if I should be able to get it to work?
    04-03-13 06:45 AM
    I have heard that users can receive email but they cannot get their z10 calendar to process invites properly. In my case, I want to use active sync as my company is not upgrading to the new BES 10. I should be able to receive emails the use of the calendar is where I have heard rumors that it does not work completely.

Because I'm thinking of getting a bb z10 this is a showstopper. I'm looking for a workaround. Can you advise on your use case and if I should be able to get it to work?
    Here are the facts based on my own testing:
    (Using IBM/Lotus Traveler 8.5.3.2 and 9 - if you are *not* using Traveler and pure EAS you won't have an issue)
    Z10 OS 10.0.10.85
    If you receive a meeting invite and try to open it on your Z10. you will get the following error: "The calendar could not recognize this meeting invitation"

BlackBerry has stated that there will be an OS update in April (likely to coincide with the Q10 release) that will change how they interpret Notes Traveler's bunged meeting invites. This issue does *not* happen with a proper EAS server.

If you want to see the limitations of BB10 with Traveler, look at the following link: Updated Traveler code now available with support for BlackBerry 10 and Windows Phone 8 fixes

The issues are not specific to Traveler 9 as all IBM did when adding support for BB10, as far as I can tell, is add the ability to enforce passwords and wipe the device. No noticable functionality change.

PS...Notes sucks...too bad we are forced to use it.
    04-03-13 09:02 AM
    Let's see if BB10 can keep the edge over Windows Phone - that should help with where development dollars flow to update capabilities.
    04-18-13 07:27 AM
    I am a Domino Administrator. I upgraded my server to Notes Traveler 9.0 IF1 and my blackberry z10 connected exactly like above. Pasted below..

HOWEVER, if your administrator is like ME.. I have my server set to only allow authorized devices. So you must have security to Travelers ACL to access it.
    Select Accounts from the setup menu.
    Select, Email, Calendar and Contacts
    Select "Advanced Setup" from the Email,Calendar and Contacts screen.
    Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
    Enter a Description, leave the domain field blank.
    Enter your Lotus Notes user name (First Last).
    Enter your Email Address.
    Enter in your Notes or HTTP Password. (they may be the same).
    Next enter in the server address. ie traveler.company.com/servlet/traveler
    Set the SSL according to your company server.
    Enable Push
    Select Continue and then the data you want to sync. (Email, Contacts, Calendar).
    05-15-13 04:53 PM
    I used Lotus Notes Traveler with my Z10 since March without any issues (except not being able to accept meeting invitations). But when I updated my OS to 10.1 I noticed a change for the worse. There is something going on in the background (my phone gets really hot) and the battery drains within 4 hours. And this is happening even when I just leave the phone on my desk. I deleted my email account just to verify this and the phone went back to normal (meaning I did not have to recharge my phone until late evening). Has anyone else experienced this?
    05-21-13 12:06 PM
    I used Lotus Notes Traveler with my Z10 since March without any issues (except not being able to accept meeting invitations). But when I updated my OS to 10.1 I noticed a change for the worse. There is something going on in the background (my phone gets really hot) and the battery drains within 4 hours. And this is happening even when I just leave the phone on my desk. I deleted my email account just to verify this and the phone went back to normal (meaning I did not have to recharge my phone until late evening). Has anyone else experienced this?
    Yup. Had exact same symptoms but not with 10.1. I experienced this exact issue with 10.0.10.85. My Z10 would be hot all the time and I would go through about 20% battery per hour. After going through the Traveler logs, I was able to determine that there were some calendar updates that were being sent to my device that were causing the issue. I had 3 contact groups (just simple groups of email addresses) that the Z10 does not support. Every minute or so Traveler was trying to send these updates to my device and the device would try to process. It would fail and the process would start all over. I also had an iPad using Traveler. Since removing the groups and the iPad the problem went away. Actually if I re-add the iPad my problem returns.

Anyway, check this log: Drive:\PathTo\IBM\Lotus\Domino\data\IBM_TECHNICAL_ SUPPORT\traveler\logs\NTSActivity_#######.log and what you want to find is reference to your device PIN as well as the type of activity. At the end of log lines you'll see things like "S2D Mail 1A" or "D2S Mail 1D" etc...you should be able to figure out what they mean based on the following:
    S2D = Server to Device
    D2S = Device to Server
    Mail / Cntct / Cal / ToDo / Fldr = Mail / Contacts / Calendar / ToDo's / Folders (BB10 does not support Memos/ToDo's)
    1D / U / A = Deletion / Update / Addition

I was seeing 3 updates being sent from S2D constantly. Once I got rid of the iPad, that stopped and my battery lasts all day now.

HTH

PS...I use a product called BareTail to monitor the logs. I created a couple filters to make S2D and D2S stand out. Works quite well in helping troubleshoot. You can googe BareTail and you should find it on a site called BareMetalSoft.
    05-21-13 01:25 PM
    Hi, before finding this post, I'd posted in BBOS10 on Crackberry Forums about problem getting things going on 10.1 with an account already working on 10.0 on a Dev Alpha device. Any followup most appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 04:24 AM
    btw prior to 10.1 in z10, had been using Traveler with my PB2 and Dev Alpha10.0 since initial release with very few issues (barring calendar attachments).

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 04:29 AM
    Hi, before finding this post, I'd posted in BBOS10 on Crackberry Forums about problem getting things going on 10.1 with an account already working on 10.0 on a Dev Alpha device. Any followup most appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Can you be more specific?

I've got BES10 and 10.1 running now with no issues to speak of. I can try to help in whatever way I can.
    05-25-13 12:55 PM
    Thanks tho yes well the problem I have is with Direct Connect over Port 80 (unencrypted) . I've no control over the back end environment and it works in these other Client Configurations (Dev Alpha on 10.0, PB on 2.1).

I'm pretty sure that if I had SSL or BES at the back end all would be fine.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 06:53 PM
    Thanks tho yes well the problem I have is with Direct Connect over Port 80 (unencrypted) . I've no control over the back end environment and it works in these other Client Configurations (Dev Alpha on 10.0, PB on 2.1).

I'm pretty sure that if I had SSL or BES at the back end all would be fine.

Posted via CB10
    The SSL issue is client based. Speaking specifically of Z10, pre 10.0.10.85 required SSL to connect to Traveler. As of 10.0.10.85 (in my experience) and later, you can use HTTP. This includes the recent 10.1 update that Exchange users are having issue with. From a BES perspective, HTTP still works. (For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would use HTTP without BES)

PlayBook at 2.1 has worked fine with HTTP since BES10 was released.

HTH
    05-25-13 08:29 PM
    Hi Everyone,

just wanted to share my experience:

- BES 10.1 (located in internal LAN)
    - Traveler 8.5.3 UP1 (located in DMZ)
    - Blackberry Device Z10 (Software: 10.1.0.2312)

Activation of Device worked fine every time.
    Only had problems with connecting to the Traveler Server using http.
    If I use SSL, the connection trough the BES works just fine!

My settings in mail-profile:
    Type Microsoft� ActiveSync�
    Server name Myserver.mydomain.com/servlet/traveler
    Server port
    Use SSL Yes
    Push enabled Yes
    Days to synchronize 30 days
    Interval between synchronizations 5 minutes
    Require manual synchronization when roaming No
    Email synchronization Yes
    Calendar synchronization Yes
    Contact synchronization Yes