I wish I could down vote some people on CB, lol
    Yeah, the ones who are in touch with reality.
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-04-14 08:10 AM
    I have a Z30 on its way and I'm second guessing.

I think my BlackBerry addiction got in the way of common sense. Unless BlackBerry can support android os totally and get Google play services I don't see BlackBerry lasting much longer.

Birdman is the most realistic poster - I wish someone would have talked me out of my optimism a while back.

Actually I was hopeful until Chen took over. When he started his emotional craziness is when I looked around and saw people here acting like they were in Jonestown.

I want a Galaxy Note 3 tbh. But OP at least you know you're not the only one.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    Hopeful UNTIL Chen took over? Haven't seen that opinion spouted very often. Prior regime inspired little to no confidence of a turnaround in most people.

If you want the Android OS over the BlackBerry OS as you stated and want the full Google Play Store, then it seems you are better off going Android.

"Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator, and change has its enemies."
    04-04-14 08:18 AM
    Hopeful UNTIL Chen took over? Haven't seen that opinion spouted very often. Prior regime inspired little to no confidence of a turnaround in most people.

If you want the Android OS over the BlackBerry OS as you stated and want the full Google Play Store, then it seems you are better off going Android.

"Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator, and change has its enemies."
    Not saying the previous CEOS were better. It's just that Chen is the first CEO I noticed. Which would be good if he were helping the company.

And I've never owned any smart phone but BlackBerry - but I'm starting to agree with you. I might be better off with android. And I hate saying that. I just want my phone to be able to block calls. To run Chromecast. To not have the contacts messed up. I'd rather be able to those things on a BlackBerry. If BlackBerry had a slider I could justify not having those things. But if I have to type on glass may as well do it on a phone that can do lots of things. The Q5 - 10 - 20 all have small screens. A slider would be great. No android has a portrait slider. Maybe I do owe it to myself to try an android for a while.

I just want to have my BlackBerry and not be left out of the fun stuff. I'm pretty torn. Maybe if I had an android to play with and a BlackBerry querty to type with I'd be happy.

04-04-14 08:30 AM
    Worried? Not in the least.

I don't know what will happen to Blackberry, but I'll keep buying their smartphones as long as the company keeps making them. And if they stop making them, I'll assess the market and see which mobile solution works best for me.

I'm z10ing. Yes, I invented a verb.
    04-04-14 08:36 AM
    When I see threads like what the OP made this is all I see going on in their heads.

Attachment 260348

Attachment 260349

Z10 10.2.1.2141 via CB10
    Completely the opposite.

I love my Z30 (best device I've ever owned) but am perturbed that the 4 or 5 apps I really only ever used on my legacy device are no longer supported by the developers on the BlackBerry 10 platform.

I just put the question out there because I had received another unwanted reply from an app developer.

I don't like Apple's ecosystem and don't want Samsung.

With that said though, since Android apps are now compatible on our BlackBerry 10 devices I urge the OS developers not to stop there.

Compatibility is great. Full FUNCTIONALITY Would be the bomb!!!!

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-04-14 08:44 AM
    Not saying the previous CEOS were better. It's just that Chen is the first CEO I noticed. Which would be good if he were helping the company.

And I've never owned any smart phone but BlackBerry - but I'm starting to agree with you. I might be better off with android. And I hate saying that. I just want my phone to be able to block calls. To run Chromecast. To not have the contacts messed up. I'd rather be able to those things on a BlackBerry. If BlackBerry had a slider I could justify not having those things. But if I have to type on glass may as well do it on a phone that can do lots of things. The Q5 - 10 - 20 all have small screens. A slider would be great. No android has a portrait slider. Maybe I do owe it to myself to try an android for a while.

I just want to have my BlackBerry and not be left out of the fun stuff. I'm pretty torn. Maybe if I had an android to play with and a BlackBerry querty to type with I'd be happy.

I think Chen is doing a good job, providing clear, steady, aggressive leadership. Time will tell, but Wall Street agrees with that so far as stock is up for BlackBerry under him. I would give it more time if I were you.

04-04-14 08:58 AM
    No,

I'm a developer who still burns bright and builds for blackberry - lots of new developers everyday.

Besides, a few less sports app developers in general might be a good thing. . Trust is some devs aren't meant for some platforms, and people change up.

Posted via CB from my LE
    I could do without the 40,000 crappy city guide apps.
    drfever likes this.
    04-04-14 11:36 AM
    Nope. In fact I'm upgrading from Z10 to Z30 tomorrow.

And birdman_38... if someone is an optimist is it truly necessary for you to smack them with the derisive kool-aid drinker label? Grow up.

Posted via CB10. Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    He makes a good point, I am a long time BlackBerry user but growing tired of waiting for BlackBerry to catch up. I am starting to think it's never going to happen and they broke way too many promises, PlayBook support may have been the last straw for me.

BB makes great products, but they do not know how to run a business effectively when they are not the device of choice.
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-04-14 11:39 AM
    Couldn't BlackBerry hire developers on their own and then offer their services for free to app owners who don't want to develop for BlackBerry themselves?
    Sure and bleed away more money?
    04-04-14 11:40 AM
    For what it's worth. Android apps have the ability to run headless and can push notifications to you regardless of being open or not. It has always been like that with the Android runtime.

I don't use the Score app anymore. Instead I use the Sportsnet app. It is the exact same app by the same developer last I remember but works better and uses a light theme. It is not headless and it needs to be open to push notifications.

App developers are not going to come to BB10 until a few things are fixed by BBRY. Developers need to see that it is profitable to develop for BBRY. They need to see subscriber and sales numbers grow and continue to grow quarter over quarter. Unfortunately that can become increasingly difficult as it gets harder and harder to find top new apps being built for BB10. Chicken and egg conundrum as has been discussed many times before. BBRY under TH shot themselves in the foot with a sale sign and now to save money it is necessary to cut developer relations and marketing. Which just makes things worse. I feel they can pull themselves through and corner a niche enterprise oriented market. Only until they can grow in that market and become profitable may we see more mainstream consumer development come back to BB.
    BlackBerry needs more rich Arabs to hock Porsche phones to. LOL
    04-04-14 11:42 AM
    Also, they don't have any problems pushing "global important updates". Only the US carriers seem to have issues with that. Also some smaller carriers here and there. But most major worldwide carriers are very quick to update BB10.
    Global includes the US last time I checked.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-04-14 11:45 AM
    Global includes the US last time I checked.
    LOL agreed.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.2102 (2141)
    04-06-14 06:50 PM
62 123