Hi everyone.

I have an unlocked Q10 running 10.2.1.2977 (software) 10.2.1.3247 (OS).

Once per week, every week, I (unfortunately) receive approximately 1800 emails in the space of about 5 minutes. There is a genuine reason for this influx and I cannot (nor do I want to) change this.

The problem I have is that when I download them from the IMAP email server to my PC (which removes them from the server - it does, I have checked) it takes my 'Berry almost 2 full days to clear them down from my device. If that wasn't bad enough - until it has cleared them off my handset I cannot receive any new emails on that account (other accounts are fine).

I have tried deleting them directly on my handset (same time to remove). I have also tried battery pulls and a factory reset - exactly the same problem re-occurs.

Any advice most welcome - I've been using a BlackBerry since 2002 but, for the first time, this is becoming a show-stopper of a problem.

Thanks!
    10-31-14 04:29 PM
    That's an awful lot of messages at once, and since the deletion will cause a flurry of requests against the imap server, I'm not at all surprised to see your scenario.

It will literally go through one message at a time because there's no obvious 'delete all of the following' single command...

Is there any way you can have the imap server put that influx in a different folder, and assuming the folder isn't sync'd will effectively cause them to be ignored.

That's how I handle my messages, served side rules put stuff I'm not interested in receiving on my phone in a different folder.

This would also undoubtedly improve your battery life...

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 07:02 PM
    Dude there's like 1440 minutes in a day, you're getting 1800 emails that's like an email every 45 seconds or so. That's pretty extreme.
    10-31-14 07:46 PM
    I think my record was 450 emails a day, for months at a time. Thankfully that's over. I agree with putting a server side rule to put the mail into a separate folder.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 11:53 PM
    I think what I find most frustrating is my Android phone handles the situation perfectly - displays the fact that I have that many emails and, once they are gone from the server, they're gone from the phone immediately.....

I'll investigate the server side rule idea, thanks.
    11-01-14 02:44 AM
    Open a T-Support incident and submit a feature request for improved performance. It's a business phone so it should be able to handle such low amount of emails.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 02:51 AM