Hi there,
    I'm looking for a new smartphone and have just seen that the OnePlus one seems to be causing quite a stir with it's cheap price, good specs and cyanogenmod os. I was wandering if anyone was considering getting a OnePlus one over something like a blackberry z10 or z30
    Thanks a lot,
    Dylan
    05-21-14 01:17 AM
    Because it's android?
    05-21-14 01:20 AM
    Over a Z10? Maybe. Over a Z30? Not a snowflake's chance in hell!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    brotherjus likes this.
    05-21-14 01:23 AM
    What do you mean 'because it's android'
    05-21-14 01:50 AM
    Over a Z10? Maybe. Over a Z30? Not a snowflake's chance in hell!

Interesting - why not?
    The thing for me is because the OnePlus One has specs of a �700 phone at �230
    05-21-14 01:51 AM
    Interesting - why not?
    I just saw OnePlus One and its a very impressive device at a very, very impressive price point. $349 for 64GB with 1080p IPS and Gorilla glass? If I haven't shat bricks by now, I will very shortly. The camera is also capable of 120 fps at 720p, and it supports just about every connection method I can think of. Mobile Network, Wi-Fi, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB TO GO, and thanks to CyanogenMod, you won't find ridiculous bloat ware such as TouchWiz.

If I sound like a godscursed Android marketer right now, it's because impressive device deserves due respect. It doesn't come with stuff on the package such as earpiece, but who uses stock earpieces? It's $5 on the market!

Don't know about Google Play services being available out of the box tho, CyanogenMod for current Android devices don't have that. But I think, considering the CyanogenMod name, it's a matter of sideloading some

But back to the topic. I personally don't. Because BlackBerry Keyboard has cursed me into a life of worship.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-21-14 02:29 AM
    I would get one to play with in tandem of my Z30. It is an awesome device for the price and the options that cyogenmod give it make for a very compelling opportunity.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 07:53 AM
    I've got so happy with all my messages etc coming into one easy place that I really can't see me moving away from BB10. Yes there are other products are available, but I don't find any of them as good as the BB10 hub. Also BB devices are very well made with heavy use in mind. Competitor's cheaper devices often feel bendy and plastic-ish when you compare them next to the Z30 for example.
    05-21-14 08:05 AM
    The specs don't matter, cyanogen mod requires a lot of specs

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 08:05 AM
    Wow this seems to have gotten quite a few responses
    I think I'll end up picking one up on the second hand market but to last me till then I think I'll get a z10. One killer feature for me was that there's no google services I wasn't aware of this but if it will be possible to remove the cyanogenmod when you get it and just run stock android then I may be interested again - so much to think about

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    05-21-14 10:15 AM
    Interesting - why not?
    Because specs aren't everything. I can be faster on a BlackBerry 10 device for all the boring stuff I need to do, so for me, BlackBerry wins. Like I said, I may have considered It over a Z10 (maybe) but a Z30 or Q10? No way. Mind you, it's cheap enough not to make a choice. Just have a Z10 as well.

05-21-14 12:03 PM
    I'll probably get one just because of the price for spec ratio.
    It'll replace my secondary phone, N4. I'm going to wait for a sucessor to the Z30 though for a primary.
    05-21-14 12:05 PM
    I'll probably get one just because of the price for spec ratio.
    It'll replace my secondary phone, N4. I'm going to wait for a sucessor to the Z30 though for a primary.
    Solid choice

05-21-14 12:11 PM
    Hmmmm I am on a budget so interested in the z10 and then maybe waiting and getting a OnePlus one down the line. Even though I'm a teenager I like the business side of the z10 as I am trying to start on a couple of ventures and need the instant communications I want games though so maybe the bb. Then again the one plus one does 4k and super slow mo at 720

05-21-14 12:22 PM
    Screen size too big for me. Check out his review.

05-21-14 12:31 PM
    Yeah I've seen it. Seems quite nice but the bb is cheaper and quite capable?

05-21-14 12:35 PM
    Wow this seems to have gotten quite a few responses
    I think I'll end up picking one up on the second hand market but to last me till then I think I'll get a z10. One killer feature for me was that there's no google services I wasn't aware of this but if it will be possible to remove the cyanogenmod when you get it and just run stock android then I may be interested again - so much to think about

To get Google services, all you will need to do is to download Gapps package and install. Simple.

I love BlackBerry and its uniqueness and all, but the fact is that Oneplus one has more specs and features than the next BlackBerry.

Bottom line is, if you want one, then go get it. Don't let anyone here influence your decision otherwise.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    05-21-14 12:46 PM
    To get Google services, all you will need to do is to download Gapps package and install. Simple.

I love BlackBerry and its uniqueness and all, but the fact is that Oneplus one has more specs and features than the next BlackBerry.

Bottom line is, if you want one, then go get it. Don't let anyone here influence your decision otherwise.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    Thanks man, I think I needed a bit of a boost for the OnePlus one. Now all I need is an invite

05-21-14 12:56 PM
    With them selling at cost, there is little incentive to support for two years or fund next phone.

When they go to launch next phone with margin/profit, they'll be back competing with the big names at higher prices.

I don't see them long term.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 02:54 PM
    Here's how I see it. If you want android, don't get a z10 with the hope of it filling the android gap.

As for me I think i would choose bb10 10/10 times if given the choice. I cannot possibly recognize what the spec would do for me in terms of actual usage over z10. That's the only thing.

If it would run more smoothly or load something 4x faster it would make sense

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 02:54 PM
    No

Via Z10
    05-21-14 03:05 PM
    Yeah, after reading some more stuff on this forum I'm looking at windows phone lumia 920 in particular I could get that for �120 at most and then if I don't like sell again and return to the bb idea which I know will just be a solid choice. I'm gonna leave the one plus one until I can get it in the second hand market I think

05-21-14 03:09 PM
    Why does the he'll do you need 4k, and we have many apps for slow mo

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 06:54 PM
    4k is a nice additional feature but the bbz10 simply can't shoot at 120fps the apps just blend the frames I am getting quite interested in the 920

05-22-14 12:35 AM
    Going by price, its a killer deal....but there is no expandable storage, which I freaking HATE in phones....that is one of my biggest gripes with an iPhone at this point....oh, and using iTunes...and the small screen...okay, i just got tired of iPhone....but, 64GB storage isn't anything with Blackberry....you can get 16GB internal storage and add a 64GB SD card, viola, more space than a OnePlus One...not only that, i've heard its possible to use a 128GB card in a Blackberry.....so even MORE storage....plus you can swap 'em out when needed....and after getting used to the BB hub, no way in HELL could I go back to ANY other phone..the hub is absolutely a "must-have" for me....and the strange thing is, i have more Android apps working on Blackberry than I do my actual Android...granted its an older device, but still.....its interesting that my Z10 has better compatibility than an actual Android! LOL But, if it came down STRICTLY to price...i'd take a OnePlus One in a heartbeat! (I don't buy phones on contract, a Z30 would cost TOO much)
    05-22-14 12:52 AM
26 12