Would love to see some optimizations in the next BlackBerry 10 update. When I'm in a messaging thread and hit send, it often takes a second or two for the message to actually appear into the conversation. Also, when in the Hub main view, if I pull out the Cascade from left to right to display accounts, and then tap on Hub to get back to the Hub main view, it often studders in the animation.

These aren't huge issues, but they're really things that someone would pick out when playing with the device on a shelf in a store. Menus on the iPhone are near flawless. BlackBerry 10 is incredibly fluid, but it needs more consistency in that fluidity.

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    04-05-13 03:57 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 01:11 AM
    I agree.

To me it's most noticeable when sending and receiving a message. No fluidity to it at all.
    04-06-13 01:21 AM
    Yes!

The studder in animation is something I've recently noticed and it's sort of annoying.

I'm not sure if this was happening before or not. This also happens outside the hub in the CB app, BBM, and whatsapp, basically all places you can slide back.

Not the biggest deal but it would be great if there was no studder. This also seems to be an intermittent problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:23 AM
    My hub does not work the way it should.
    If i want to manage it, it just keeps on showing all my accounts.
    Even if they arent marked.
    Constantly shows 1tekstmessage unread. Even if there are no messages in the hub(deleted them all).

Phone runs hot, reboots...
    04-06-13 10:28 AM
    One thing I have noticed is that when opening messages or attachments, the screen goes dim for a fraction of a second as the phone is thinking. Has anyone else noticed this?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:30 AM
    One thing I have noticed is that when opening messages or attachments, the screen goes dim for a fraction of a second as the phone is thinking. Has anyone else noticed this?

Posted via CB10
    Yes! This is also an extreme annoyance.

Posted via CB10
    ihys likes this.
    04-07-13 09:41 AM
    I agree.

To me it's most noticeable when sending and receiving a message. No fluidity to it at all.
    That's the thing that other phones do well - they fake the experience.

You can detect some silly stuff in the hub - try and select a bunch of email and mark as read. It is doing what a programmer would do, one by one, which is great and simple. If you make it look like it's very responsive, then you can leave it in some funny situation. e.g. same situation, but the hub fakes the mark as read before sending the request to the server. If your phone dies when it is still sending the mark as read half way, you'll probably find that only some of your emails are marked as read.

A lot of the behavior you see right now seems to be the most straightforward implementation without concessions to responsiveness - it makes the phone work correctly, but it doesn't make it look like it's working fast.

You'll be surprised by some of the tricks that android uses to make it appear as if it can open infinite amount of application or browser tabs.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 12:37 AM
    The only problem I have with the hub is that it is sometimes stuck in landscape mode and it won't switch back at all. It's really annoying to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 02:12 AM
    Another hub problem I am having is the screen orientation getting locked in landscape and I cannot get it back to the vertical position. I try orienting differently, shaking it (as if that will help), but the orientation stays locked in landscape.

Has anyone else experienced this difficulty? Any solutions or suggestions?

Thanks!
    04-09-13 11:13 AM
    Yeah I do - see my comment above yours

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 01:48 PM
    Too funny! I thought i had read all the post!
    Yeah I do - see my comment above yours

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 01:51 PM
    I have the lag as well. This is especially apparent when you go into a BBM group. It loads all the messages again for some reason.
    04-09-13 02:43 PM
    The only problem I have with the hub is that it is sometimes stuck in landscape mode and it won't switch back at all. It's really annoying to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    I AGREE!!

Is there an option to turn that switching off??
    04-09-13 02:53 PM
    Do you mean that it's always in portrait mode? Yes you can do that when you swipe down on the home screen. The option is right next to the settings button (not sure what it's called in englisch)

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:05 PM
    - I get the same stutter if you click the side menu and then press 'hub' and it halts as it slides in then completes the movement. It also happens in CB10, as noted above. But notably it doesn't happen in the actual bbm app, which is really smooth, so maybe not a whole os problem, just bad coding?
    - secondly with bbm in the hub, I do get the waiting as it reloads, which is annoying. And with the Whatsapp it sometimes goes black before loading, but as we k ow this isn't actually integrated fully with the hub, and a sort of work around.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:20 PM
    I have an issue where my keyboard appears, I get 2-3 words info the message, then it minimizes on its own. It immediately pops back up and I can continue typing. Really annoying.

Also, what's with randomly capitalizing words?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:38 PM
    I get the stutter if I am in the hub, then go to the menu list and hit the hub button in the menu list. If I hit the three bars on the lower right there is no stutter. If I hit a specific account such as text or a specific email account there is no stutter. If I enter the menu from a specific account and then hit hub there is no stutter. Anyway I don't see lag in this OS besides the one instance that I just duplicated after reading this thread. There goes 5 minutes I'll never get back.
    04-09-13 06:48 PM
    Ugh! I'm fed up with the lag in my Hub. Is there anything I can do to make it go faster? I get lag when switching between text message chats and sending messages. It's so difficult to live with. I've tried deleting many e-mails, Facebook and Twitter notifications, as well as app notifications. Nothing helps and it feels like it gets slower every day.

I'm on AT&T's most recent update of 10.1 on my Q10.

Is there anyone with a 10.2 leak (or rocking a Z30 with 10.2) who is not experiencing lag?
    10-15-13 09:34 PM
    The hub stutters when you click on the hub icon, because it pops you back to the top. Kind of like a mini refresh. Try scrolling a ways down and then clicking the hub symbol in the accounts section and you'll see it pops you back to the top. It used to annoy the hell out of me too until I figured out this was what it was doing.

The lag for sending and receiving messages is noticeable though.
    10-16-13 12:41 AM