I see they have another special as they used to have 20 gigs for 65 a month no tax that they discontinued, don't know if that was with tethering or hot spot rather.

Now I see they are competing with t-mobiles true unlimited data (everything) for 70 per month not tax.

Beings I pay 40 now for two and a half gigs a month which runs out very fast, thinking of making the switch just wondering if there Is a catch like no Hot spot, etc?

Anybody know?

Sorry if this is the wrong sector, maybe it can be moved?

Thanks, Catch

PS: I know there is no throttling and they say this is a limited time, OFFER which I believe as it was that way with the twenty gig plan they had which included hotspot I think which this does not however it's fully unlimited, lest there Is a way around that...

So tossed!....

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 10:58 PM
    No hotspot with the unlimited plan: Cricket Wireless Announces $100 Switcher Credit and New $70 Plan With Unlimited 8 Mbps Data | Prepaid Phone News

And the usual 'catch' of an 8mbps speed cap still applies.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-29-16 08:11 AM
    No hotspot with the unlimited plan: Cricket Wireless Announces $100 Switcher Credit and New $70 Plan With Unlimited 8 Mbps Data | Prepaid Phone News

I pay forty a month now for 2.5 gb with them, prob at same speed I would think and if so, it's fast enough for me so suppose worth the move for an extra 25 a month with auto bill enroll. How can 8mbps be considered LTE or 4G. Need to dig deeper...

Thanks for the link, Steve

PS: Guess I an doomed to never use my ppse's hot spot or tether options unless there is a backdoor.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 10:35 AM

If crickets 8Mbps how fast are the top brands?

Hmm..

If they allowed tether or hot spot I would be all in. Are they calling this one a "limited time promotion as well"....

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 11:40 AM
    If crickets 8Mbps how fast are the top brands?
    Staying with unlimited plans, your options are:

AT&T postpaid
    TMO postpaid
    TMO prepaid (Simple Choice)
    Metro PCS (what Cricket is to AT&T, Metro is the TMO)
    Sprint

All these carriers are full speed unless they have to "de-prioritize" you due to congestion (AT&T 21-23GB, TMO 25GB, Metro ??) Plus, prepaid carriers' customers are prioritized lower that the network's postpaid customers. For example, in times of congestion, Metro customers are going to experience more of a slowdown in data speeds than TMO prepaid; TMO postpaid customers are going to have the best speeds.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-29-16 04:20 PM