I use OneNote for school, and I cannot find any 3rd party apps for OneNote in BlackBerry World?

Why can't BlackBerry Just include OneNote in Remember or in Docs To Go? Microsoft is promoting OneNote a lot more and it's becoming more popular on Windows RT Tablets because it comes bundled.

No I won't use Evernote
    Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    curea likes this.
    06-15-13 10:57 AM
    I second the need for OneNote. It gets a lot of use on my PC at work and I'd love to see it on my Z10 and PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    curea likes this.
    06-15-13 12:01 PM
    You'll have to ask Microsoft about this one. OneNote isn't an Open Doc format and there are so published APIs (that I know of).

Most of the ports on other platforms are limited-functionality reverse-engineered efforts.

06-15-13 12:12 PM
    I use OneNote for school, and I cannot find any 3rd party apps for OneNote in BlackBerry World?

Why can't BlackBerry Just include OneNote in Remember or in Docs To Go? Microsoft is promoting OneNote a lot more and it's becoming more popular on Windows RT Tablets because it comes bundled.

No I won't use Evernote
    MobileNoter is a OneNote app for PlayBook, but have not seen any for BB10

MobileNoter
    06-15-13 02:26 PM
    Microsoft needs to open up the format

06-15-13 03:52 PM
    I really need this as well

Posted from Q10
    06-16-13 12:22 PM
    I use OneNote at work and have been disappointed for years that they haven't brought mobilenoter to BlackBerry. I now have office 365 on my work computer so I'll have to try and see how it works going though my browser.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 12:42 PM
    You'll have to ask Microsoft about this one. OneNote isn't an Open Doc format and there are so published APIs (that I know of).

Most of the ports on other platforms are limited-functionality reverse-engineered efforts.

[MS-ONE]: OneNote File Format

and for Android:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....onenote&hl=en

so it should be doable to do similar for BB10
    06-16-13 12:43 PM
    [MS-ONE]: OneNote File Format

and for Android:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....onenote&hl=en

so it should be doable to do similar for BB10
    Go back and look at that. I'm not sure it's complete. It gives enough detail to import a doc for formatting purposes. But I don't think it's complete enough for a clean-room OneNote client.

That would explain why programs like Evernote still require OneNote in order to import OneNote data.

But I will admit that I may have missed something in my quick perusal.

Would love to see MS support BB10. I've tried to sideload, but no luck.
    06-16-13 01:09 PM
    Go back and look at that. I'm not sure it's complete. It gives enough detail to import a doc for formatting purposes. But I don't think it's complete enough for a clean-room OneNote client.
    Did you ever look at MobileNoter for Playbook?

anyway - I would also love to see a BB10 app with capabilities to open/view/edit/create OneNote files.

But I don't want an app trying to look just like OneNote - I need it to be functional on the smaller screen sizes we have, including the Q10 size. Most important functions would be Search similar to the desktop version, and automatic downscale of images - but still keep text in readable size etc... not easy task to make "pages" created on a desktop size screen to be functional on a smaller screen - but - it is doable.

And of course the BB10 app needs to be a Share Host - so I can "share" content directly from anywhere - to the app..... - and sync automatically to SkyDrive :-)
    06-16-13 01:36 PM
    I tried the Xsacha method for one note - it installed, but wouldn't run
    06-17-13 04:20 PM
    I use MobileNoter SE on my playbook, my onenote files are in dropbox, works fine.

For BB10 Devices, Ive used the free version of mobilenoter from the android store, converted and sideloaded. You can use wifi manual sync with your desktop if you install the windows client. I think you can also use MobileNoters cloud sync but I've never tried.

Hope this Helps
    Vidhya Kumar likes this.
    07-02-13 12:29 PM
    Tried to open Onenote file synced in Skydrive.com with Q10 browser, can not open the file, although Word document can be opened.
    08-30-13 07:24 PM
    I successfully loaded OneNote onto the Playbook, but it doesn't work (some error message about a keyboard - shuts down after opening). Skydrive sideloaded perfectly, though. I was scared off MobileNoter by all the bad reviews, and at $10, it's a bit risky for me, especially when a lot of the problems people are having involve the dropbox/skydrive sync not working.

GroovyNotes worked perfectly for me at first. Its calendar function is perfect for meeting notes, and its ability to store text, drawings, pictures and voice in one note was amazing, but at some point, the sync to drop box stopped working, and it's been annoying since then. You can still save to pdf then upload files to DropBox manually - even insert into Evernote if you want (I often take text notes in Evernote, but make drawings in GroovyNotes or Picinote then upload and insert the pdfs into the Evernote). So, I have a lot of productivity out of the Playbook, but OneNote is what I want, as it has everything I need. So if anyone's figured out how to get it working, please let me know.
    11-07-13 08:49 AM
    Found one solution: because the Playbook's browser is so good, you can get decent functionality using OneNote through the web-app via the browser. A native application would be better, but it's something.

The Android SkyDrive app can be sideloaded and works fine, but the OneNote one doesn't, so this appears to be the best work-around.
    11-07-13 09:02 AM
    I knw this is an old post but if anyone still interested in running the Onenote app on the BlackBerry Q10 - O4 10.3.1.1779...finally releived to get this working..just posted the procedure and the screenshots on the microsoft community site for those looking to do the same : are blackberry's compatable with onenote - Microsoft Community
    Optimus4 likes this.
    04-30-15 11:41 AM