Some users didn't update their WhatsApp versions that expired on Jan 1, 2017 and the app still received WhatsApp messages but could not reply. This is probably what will happen on June 30 since they probably just pushed the date back. It's a good way to do it because nobody will be able to say the they missed important messages and were damaged. They will just have the inconvenience and embarrassment of having to reply using SMS. The message would have to start with something like "This is Steve. I'm replying with SMS because my phone doesn't support WhatsApp anymore..."

I guess that's also how you can inform your contact that they will have to install and configure BBM if they want to continue communicating with you. People love doing that.
    03-26-17 03:30 PM
    WhatsAnnoying(tm) is the pop-up message telling me to switch to a supported phone. are you kidding? how about I switch to a supported app??

Posted via CBX
    I can completely agree with that one. A simple "do not show me this message again" checkbox before you click "OK" would solve that. And it feels a bit intentional on behalf of the Whatsapp developers, without a doubt.
    03-26-17 04:46 PM
    BlackBerry should just force upload a update that bricks all bb10 handhelds, i'm tired of people wanting to stay productive with the phone they've purchased.
    Ahaha really!!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 06:22 AM
53 123