Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,146 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Any info on Remember app?

I've been desperate for new on a native BB10 Task app, and the closest I get is hints of something called "Remember". Does anyone have any info on this? I've searched the forms here, Googled it, etc. and there's almost nothing available. I've read a few posts by people who hint they've read more about it but there's nothing concrete I can find.

Update : Just found this - http://n4bb.com/blackberry-10-rememb...etailed-slide/

I have to admit, when I read the tasks are synced to the Outlook calendar I threw up a little in my mouth. What a step backward if that's true.

TIA - R.
    CrackBerry Abuser

check this thread
    Memopad

There are different options for the notes within the App, so you can create local/activesync or evernote.

Generic: notebook stored locally on device
    ActiveSyncMemo: synced to your ActiveSync account as a Memo (note)
    ActiveSyncTask: synced to your ActiveSync account as a Task (a todo item)
    Evernote: synced to your Evernote account

Evernote to be deeply integrated throughout BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,146 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by z_scorpio_z View Post
    check this thread
    Memopad

There are different options for the notes within the App, so you can create local/activesync or evernote.

Generic: notebook stored locally on device
    ActiveSyncMemo: synced to your ActiveSync account as a Memo (note)
    ActiveSyncTask: synced to your ActiveSync account as a Task (a todo item)
    Evernote: synced to your Evernote account

Evernote to be deeply integrated throughout BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    I think the Evernote link is the key. It seems to show that the Remember app allows you to create Notebooks, which can be treated as Memos or Tasks by ActiveSync. So given Outlook integration is key for me, the new question is, does Outlook support ActiveSync? (sorry if this is a dumb question)

If it does, then by implication :

1) Remember provides Task functionality (via a "task" note option within Remember)
    2) Remember syncs to Outlook
    3) And I get what I want! Yay!!!

Of course, the devil is in the details - does this include support for or syncing of Task Categies within Outlook? Are there limitations on the range of data synced as there is in the Android world? etc.

There also seems to be an implication that Remember has some sort of project/context capability if you just change a note's option to make it a task or a memo. If you can group notes together under some sort of unique identifier then you would be able to have all the multiple types of info you need to manage everything to do with that "identifier". That would be truly cool. But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves ...

Thanks again, scorpio - R.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Outlook is the email client, question you should be asking is does your email server support activesync. Outlook is usually used with exchange, so my assumption is your company is running some version of exchange, and exchange does supports activesync.

When using BB with BES (BBOS5/6?), I used to get tasks (with lot of task related options, progress etc), as well as notes. So, now they are going with one app to do both. My understanding would be, when you do create new item of type activesynctask it should support all category, progress, etc that a tasks item needs to support, otherwise it would be a step backwards. Just my thoughts...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,146 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Outlook is the email client, question you should be asking is does your email server support activesync. Outlook is usually used with exchange, so my assumption is your company is running some version of exchange, and exchange does supports activesync.

When using BB with BES (BBOS5/6?), I used to get tasks (with lot of task related options, progress etc), as well as notes. So, now they are going with one app to do both. My understanding would be, when you do create new item of type activesynctask it should support all category, progress, etc that a tasks item needs to support, otherwise it would be a step backwards. Just my thoughts...
    I have to admin, I like your thoughts! In terms of the email server supporting ActiveSync, I have two situations. Our coporate email system is running Exchange so that's covered. However, my personal Outlook (2003) is just running on my local machine using a .PST file. I'm guessing that's not Exchange based but I'm also guessing a desktop Outlook install would still work with
    ActiveSync? When I Google ActiveSync Outlook 2003 the entries I get back seem to indicate that's the case.

One thing that's interesting is that according to Wikipedia's ActiveSync entry "Exchange Server, only emails, calendar, contacts and tasks may be synchronized." So in an Exchange Server environment the ActiveSyncMemo type of note won't be synced to Outlook? Seems odd. And would that be the case with a desktop Outlook install as well? Again, there seem to be no mentions of Outlook memos being synced by ActiveSync.

- R.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Regarding your local outlook, it is still being used with some email server (I think you have it syncing to gmail?). So you can either, directly setup the gmail on your phone. This way you will only get email/contacts/calendar afaik.

The other option would be to sync your local outlook to your phone. Blackberry link is the new software coming out to replace Blackberry desktop manager which handled synchronization for BBOS. Link will probably be able to perform similar functionality for BB10 devices.

For Blackberry deskop manager, notice it specifically lists tasks and memo as well as email/contacts/calendar.

"You can synchronize organizer data (contacts, calendar entries, tasks, and memos) between your BlackBerry® device and the email application on your computer."
    About synchronization
    Last edited by z_scorpio_z; 01-11-2013 at 02:13 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,741 Global Posts

Regarding your local outlook, it is still being used with some email server (I think you have it syncing to gmail?). So you can either, directly setup the gmail on your phone. This way you will only get email/contacts/calendar afaik.

The other option would be to sync your local outlook to your phone. Blackberry link is the new software coming out to replace Blackberry desktop manager which handled synchronization for BBOS. Link will probably be able to perform similar functionality for BB10 devices.

For Blackberry deskop manager, notice it specifically lists tasks and memo as well as email/contacts/calendar.

"You can synchronize organizer data (contacts, calendar entries, tasks, and memos) between your BlackBerry® device and the email application on your computer."
    About synchronization
    Well I have Hotmail so I can't get my calendars synced this way using DM. I had to dump GMAIL because first someone compromised my account, and I had to reset my password twice, then I couldn't get into the account because it was saying invalid username and password when I Just changed it. Next, my 9900 Won't allow GMAIL to be set up on my phone because it kept saying invalid username and password when, like I said, Just changed to a new password. So Now, I went to Outlook but now I find out that My calendars won't sync so I don't know where else to turn to. I don't use BES at all.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry User

Is there any BB device with a keyboard (e.g. Bold 9900, 9700, etc) that works with MS Exchange Server / ActiveSync?
    Or is it only the keyboardless BlackBerry 10 device (and its BlackBerry 10 OS) that will work with MS Exchange Server / ActiveSync?