How do I send a WHATSAPP message to a number/contact from the call log?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 07:41 AM
    Copy the # in the call log, and paste?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 07:44 AM
    Send a Whatsapp MESSAGE TO a contact in the call log. Not send number to a contact.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 08:45 AM
    I'm not asking in opposition to your title. I'm genuinely curious. How is this a screw up in communication flow?

Posted via CB10
    der_mit and m1kr0 like this.
    08-29-14 11:35 AM
    Send a Whatsapp MESSAGE TO a contact in the call log. Not send number to a contact.

Posted via CB10
    You have to first add the number to your contact list so that Whatsapp can extract it from there, compare it to their number database, add the matching Whatsapp user to your "favorites", and then let you send Whatsapp messages.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 11:46 AM
    You posted your problem with google talk as "major annoyances on bb10" while it's working well and now post a new thread about not knowing how to send whatsapp message as "another screw up in core os flow".

Really?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 12:46 PM
    You have to first add the number to your contact list so that Whatsapp can extract it from there, compare it to their number database, add the matching Whatsapp user to your "favorites", and then let you send Whatsapp messages.

Posted via CB10
    I think the good question is "has the OP install whatsapp?"

Posted via CB10
    jope28, tHe.iR1sH and pttptppt like this.
    08-29-14 12:48 PM
    Stop posting threads with exagerated titles. Copy the number and paste into WhatsApp. Not everybody uses WhatsApp either so how is this a core communication flow.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-29-14 01:43 PM
    To be fair, I think what the OP wants is for Whatsapp to be integrated as part of the call log overflow "escalation" options:

Another screw up in core communication flows-20140829145225.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 01:53 PM
    To be fair, I think what the OP wants is for Whatsapp to be integrated as part of the call log overflow "escalation" options:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140829145225.jpg 
Views:	2279 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	294415

Posted via CB10
    What did you use to edit your screencap?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 02:17 PM
    Stop posting threads with exagerated titles. Copy the number and paste into WhatsApp. Not everybody uses WhatsApp either so how is this a core communication flow.
    Not everyone uses Whatsapp, sure. But 500 million users worldwide should get better treatment on a BlackBerry. And i'm fretting about it because it really is core communication. Sample this -- some dude gives you a missed call and says send me a picture of your product. Wouldn't you want to simply long-tap on the missed call entry and pick 'send message via Whatsapp'?

In fact even the contacts app does not have proper Whatsapp integration.

Again, not asking for tighter integration with some random app, but Whatsapp (500 million worldwide users!)

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 02:25 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140829145225.jpg 
Views:	2279 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	294415

Posted via CB10
    Correct. Thanks for the screen shot. Do the BBM opt ions come only if someone is in your BBM contact list?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 02:26 PM
    You posted your problem with google talk as "major annoyances on bb10" while it's working well and now post a new thread about not knowing how to send whatsapp message as "another screw up in core os flow".

Really?

Posted via CB10
    I get really hassled when core communication related stuff doesn't work beautifully for me. Even if random apps misbehave once in a while, I'm cool, but extra taps to read an email or send a message are very irritating for me.

Wrt gtalk, it's really not working for me from within the Hub. Probably I should try reinstalling it.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 02:29 PM
    Not everyone uses Whatsapp, sure. But 500 million users worldwide should get better treatment on a BlackBerry. And i'm fretting about it because it really is core communication. Sample this -- some dude gives you a missed call and says send me a picture of your product. Wouldn't you want to simply long-tap on the missed call entry and pick 'send message via Whatsapp'?

Again, not asking for tighter integration with some random app, but Whatsapp (500 million worldwide users!)

Posted via CB10
    Still a third-party app. Not sure if the capability to do what you're asking is available to third-party developers, and even if it is, the onus is on Whatsapp to integrate their app into whatever framework BlackBerry has.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 02:30 PM
    Personally, I would call it an understandable minor inconvenience... but you know, opinions vary.
    08-29-14 02:39 PM
    So.... WhatsApp decides to build a bb10 app, and when it doesn't function the way you would like it to, it is "another" BlackBerry screw up?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1xxx
    DocDRM and CerveloJohn like this.
    08-29-14 02:46 PM
    Correct. Thanks for the screen shot. Do the BBM opt ions come only if someone is in your BBM contact list?

Posted via CB10
    YES and only if the number is linked to a BBM contact.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 02:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    If "some dude" asked for a. Picture of my product I would be sending him a professional email from my business EAS account; I wouldn't be sending him a whatsapp with emoticons.

Get real.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    08-29-14 02:54 PM
    What did you use to edit your screencap?

Posted via CB10
    The blur tool on Effetica Pro.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 02:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, sort of. SMS appears for everything, but BBM options only appear if the number is associated with a contact, and BB10 somehow found an associated PIN (even if you don't have them on your BBM contact list yet). It let's you "Invite them to BBM".

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 03:03 PM
    Still a third-party app. Not sure if the capability to do what you're asking is available to third-party developers, and even if it is, the onus is on Whatsapp to integrate their app into whatever framework BlackBerry has.

Posted via CB10
    If the ability to hook into a contact's contextual menu is missing from the platform APIs then it's a HUGE omission IMO. I'll try to skim through the API docs to ascertain this. Does any other 3rd party app do this? (apart from BBM)

Even otherwise, it's the job of the developer relations team to work with extremely popular apps to get the best possible experience on the platform. And BlackBerry knows this, otherwise it wouldn't have bothered pre-installing working versions of Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 11:01 PM
    Personally, I would call it an understandable minor inconvenience... but you know, opinions vary.
    Keep adding up these minor inconveniences and it throws all the other good work to waste. On the other hand 100s of such minor details make a truly polished product.

And I can understand that polishing a product takes time -- in fact IIRC iOS didn't allow to forward or copy/paste text messages (or suchlike) in the earlier versions.

Which is why I'm also looking for an official channel to give such feedback.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 11:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe a little callous, but - who cares what he wants? Seems to me he mostly wants attention. But needs educated.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    08-29-14 11:52 PM
    Maybe a little callous, but - who cares what he wants? Seems to me he mostly wants attention. But needs educated.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    Precisely. However *i* don't want attention, but these issues do. I looked at the top rated issues at blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com and am surprised that these niggles don't show up there.

What about the contact name not showing up when someone calls? Another 'minor issue' not worth bothering?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 12:15 AM
    YES and only if the number is linked to a BBM contact.

Posted via CB10
    Is this for 10.3? I have my contact linked to bbm, but only this shows up.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 12:18 AM
37 12