First BBM. It had better features on iOS and Android.
    Now Facebook. They just pulled the plug on it and expect people to believe they are committed to BB10.
    WhatsApp cannot be blamed in the slightest.
    And if the CEO is questioned on such developments he will probably just say "we remain committed to BlackBerry 10 with two security updates scheduled in this year". I am speechless as to how "well" BlackBerry is treating it's loyal fans. Maybe they don't deserve the loyalty.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    03-15-16 12:35 PM
    Amen to that.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 01:15 PM
    Now Facebook. They just pulled the plug on it and expect people to believe they are committed to BB10.
    And if the CEO is questioned on such developments he will probably just say "we remain committed to BlackBerry 10 with two security updates scheduled in this year". I am speechless as to how "well" BlackBerry is treating it's loyal fans. Maybe they don't deserve the loyalty.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    A coward is what a coward does aka CEO Chennny

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 01:20 PM
    Maybe they don't know what "committed" means.
    so crow likes this.
    03-15-16 01:29 PM
    Maybe they don't know what "committed" means.
    Like my ex-wife.

Kidding, never had one.

Posted via CB10
    hellomoto921 likes this.
    03-15-16 05:35 PM
    Why do you imagine that some big corporation has any loyalty to you? They don't. Not BB, not Apple, not Google, not Microsoft, not Facebook, not Ford, not GM, not VW Group, not Fiat Group, etc.

If you have loyalty for a corporation, to the point that you buy products from them that don't deliver, then you are the problem.

The masses "vote" with their wallets, and the masses clearly prefer well-supported platforms with lots of third-party app, service, and accessory support, and first-party OS, app, and repair support. BB hasn't offered any of that in years, and that hasn't been a secret.

Some folks here know all that, and buy BB anyway because they like it, but they know they're taking the risk and they're okay with it - they also don't complain about BB not rewarding their "loyalty." But if you have a problem with what's been happening for at least 2+ years already, but really 5+ years, then you were foolish to buy in in the first place. The person you should be upset with is the one who stares back at you in the bathroom mirror in the morning, not Chen or BB.
    fkornre, tryfe, koves and 14 others like this.
    03-15-16 08:41 PM
    Troy has hit the nail on the head...
    TGR1 likes this.
    03-15-16 08:50 PM
    "Committed" means we've still got unsold inventory that we're committed to selling.
    03-15-16 09:02 PM
    Why do you imagine that some big corporation has any loyalty to you? They don't. Not BB, not Apple, not Google, not Microsoft, not Facebook, not Ford, not GM, not VW Group, not Fiat Group, etc.

If you have loyalty for a corporation, to the point that you buy products from them that don't deliver, then you are the problem.

The masses "vote" with their wallets, and the masses clearly prefer well-supported platforms with lots of third-party app, service, and accessory support, and first-party OS, app, and repair support. BB hasn't offered any of that in years, and that hasn't been a secret.

Some folks here know all that, and buy BB anyway because they like it, but they know they're taking the risk and they're okay with it - they also don't complain about BB not rewarding their "loyalty." But if you have a problem with what's been happening for at least 2+ years already, but really 5+ years, then you were foolish to buy in in the first place. The person you should be upset with is the one who stares back at you in the bathroom mirror in the morning, not Chen or BB.
    I agree! And, am a happy BlackBerry owner.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    TGR1 and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    03-15-16 09:08 PM
    Inb4 "BB10 works for me, apps are for people born a century after me"
    03-16-16 01:49 AM
    "Committed" means we've still got unsold inventory that we're committed to selling.
    Hahahahaahahaha good one

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 03:31 AM
    CEO? "It runs Google"..... 'Nuff said. Maybe we should start petition to bring back Thor xD
    03-16-16 07:01 AM
    CEO? "It runs Google"..... 'Nuff said. Maybe we should start petition to bring back Thor xD
    Thor *is* available IIRC. His new company fired him recently.
    Nikola Stojic likes this.
    03-16-16 10:25 AM
    Thor *is* available IIRC. His new company fired him recently.
    Maybe try Apple style return. It's a bet but better than doing nothing.
    03-16-16 11:23 AM
    It's not about loyalty; it's regret for wasted potential .

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    03-16-16 10:31 PM

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    So much wrong with this post.

What better features did BBM have on iOS and Android?

Also, how do you not equate the dropping of WhatsApp with the similar drop by Facebook when the former is owned by the latter? It was Facebook who dropped support for BlackBerry, not the other way around so your argument isn't that strong to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 likes this.
    03-17-16 06:10 AM

Also, how do you not equate the dropping of WhatsApp with the similar drop by Facebook when the former is owned by the latter? It was Facebook who dropped support for BlackBerry, not the other way around so your argument isn't that strong to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    Wow I'm so glad SOMEBODY gets it! Both these moves are Facebook saying "we don't give a sht about BlackBerry." Yet BlackBerry is getting the blame for something they can't control.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys blame Chen when their cereal gets soggy.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    rthonpm and TGR1 like this.
    03-17-16 06:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Most anti Chen arguments make little sense to begin with. It's just diehards who can't seem to channel their anger correctly. People on the forums/news outlets have been saying for months that going into maintenance mode essentially meant the death of BB10. They ignored it then, and now are surprised to see these things happen. No one to blame but themselves for being unable to foresee it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tufcustomer; 03-17-16 at 11:27 AM.
    rthonpm likes this.
    03-17-16 06:17 AM

drops mic....
    rthonpm likes this.
    03-17-16 10:52 AM
    Wow I'm so glad SOMEBODY gets it! Both these moves are Facebook saying "we don't give a sht about BlackBerry." Yet BlackBerry is getting the blame for something they can't control.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys blame Chen when their cereal gets soggy.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    Well, I don't think it's so simply "black and white".

There are finer details here we the users just don't know.

While Facebook does own Whatsapp and the removal of Whatsapp on BB10 is 100% the fault of Facebook, it's not so clear with the actual Facebook app.

The reason being that the Facebook app on BlackBerry 10 (and the older OS versions) was never made by Facebook. It was always made in-house by BlackBerry. So we have to ask, "is this a move by BlackBerry or is Facebook to blame?"

I don't think we will get the answer any time soon though.
    03-17-16 10:57 AM
    Well, I don't think it's so simply "black and white".

There are finer details here we the users just don't know.

While Facebook does own Whatsapp and the removal of Whatsapp on BB10 is 100% the fault of Facebook, it's not so clear with the actual Facebook app.

The reason being that the Facebook app on BlackBerry 10 (and the older OS versions) was never made by Facebook. It was always made in-house by BlackBerry. So we have to ask, "is this a move by BlackBerry or is Facebook to blame?"

I don't think we will get the answer any time soon though.
    The fact that BlackBerry had to build their own Facebook should be a good enough indicator as to who was dealt the bad hand.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 11:29 AM
    Some folks here know all that, and buy BB anyway because they like it, but they know they're taking the risk and they're okay with it - they also don't complain about BB not rewarding their "loyalty"
    Definitely. I buy BB because that's my preference, and I don't actually see it as "taking the risk," because my BlackBerry 10 phones do everything I want them to. Certainly I HOPE BlackBerry will continue to develop BlackBerry 10 and even produce new BlackBerry 10 phones, but I'm not betting the farm on it -- and I certainly don't harbor any notions that BlackBerry is somehow morally obligated to do either.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-17-16 12:14 PM
    I'm confused... the blog posts says, "Facebook made the decision to discontinue support of their essential APIs for BlackBerry."

But aren't FaceBook's APIs platform-agnostic?
    03-17-16 12:58 PM
    I'm confused... the blog posts says, "Facebook made the decision to discontinue support of their essential APIs for BlackBerry."

But aren't FaceBook's APIs platform-agnostic?
    Facebook API is certainly platform-agnostic, the public portion of it anyway. What probably happened was Facebook did a revision of their API, such as, serializations, transfer protocols, method signatures, authentication process, etc. These revisions cause a lot of code refactoring that needs to be done on BlackBerry development side of things as far as BlackBerry 10 goes. Seeing how shorthanded BlackBerry is today, with all the layoffs and such, plus BlackBerry does not even have the energy and motivation to improve its very own BlackBerry 10 API, why bother with further development of Facebook client for BB10? BlackBerry already gave up on its own API roadmap, Cascade, etc.

So the real reason probably should read more like "BlackBerry has decided to discontinue the native BB10 Facebook app development and maintenance due to lack of time and resource. After all, we have laid off most of our BB10 developers. Sorry folks."
    03-17-16 02:31 PM

This has been my argument. Its not up to us to save Blackberry... if they cant figure it out then it is just survival of the fittest. Don't support them just because you want them to succeed. Your money will be used for the wrong efforts and likely you will never get the products you want. I will not buy another Blackberry product until They provide something that makes sense to me (Non android).
    03-17-16 03:27 PM
33 12