Hello Community,
    I'm writing here because I don't know further, I've read through the forum and I Can't find something similar.

Device: Z30 STA-2 on T-Mobile Germany.
    Before official Update it was on official T-Mobile Germany 10.2.2.

February 20th I updated my Z30 via OTA (10.3.1.2243) and I was so happy with it, the Battery life was just amazing and it apart from Easyjet App wont open anymore it's been quite smooth.
    The EasyJet App might be the first indicator for the problem. It sometimes starts, but mostly not. Once I tried to open it and the device restarted itself.

The Problem started yesterday, February 25th:

I was traveling from England back to Germany, charged my phone normally over night and started my Journey at 9am. After 2 hours off the plug all of a sudden i noticed a huge battery drain, it was already down to 65%, the current CPU Usage (System) was constantly above 15%, mostly in between 20% and 50%.
    I restarted a couple of times, also performed a hard reset with the volume buttons. Nothing seemed to be working. Back at home I Charged it again, and still a huge Battery Drain.
    This morning everything seemed to have settled, battery usage about 7%, still a bit high though. I began my day with the news app, then reading in CrachBerry, and then:

It just shut down and restarted itself, and immediately after its been up again it restarted itself again. In total about 10 times. Eventually it came up again and was kind of stable. I decided to perform a BLITZ Update via Sachesi to 10.3.1.2267 which went really well, and it seemed to have solved the high System CPU usage. However, it showed a wrong Battery percentage, Before the BLITZ it was 67%, after the BLITZ it showed 100%.

Then 20 Minutes ago: I was reading the News, had a few apps open, switched to CrackBerry, and there it was again: it the Reboot Loop. It's doing it right now, constantly rebooting, it's up to the "T-Mobile" sign, shows the home screen and then restart again.
    I'm quite worried now, what could it be? What could be wrong with it?

Whilst writing this on my Laptop I connected my Z30 to my Laptop, after about 12 reboots. Link started with "cannot connect to device" but the Z30 now booted up again so I can use it. Now it shows the (more) correct/realistic Battery Percentage, Before the Reboot Loop it was 98%, now its 78% which is more realistic.

But what could that be? What could be a solution? I don't want this to happen when I need my phone and don't have a Laptop near me.

I Apologize for the long text but I thought the more information you have from me the better you could help.

Thank you in advance, I'm thankful for any suggestions and your time.
    02-26-15 07:52 AM
    All i can think is that you need to reload the OS again. SOmething is still wrong there. Try an autoloader and don't restore.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...oaders-995995/
    02-26-15 07:55 AM
    All i can think is that you need to reload the OS again. SOmething is still wrong there. Try an autoloader and don't restore.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...oaders-995995/
    Oh dear, then I better start saving my stuff onto my laptop. Would you recommend a security wipe before or/and after the installation of the Autoloader?
    02-26-15 08:07 AM
    Geez, that's rough dude. I haven't experienced the reset loop but I can say I'm having the same issue with my battery life. Yesterday was my first full day with 10.3.1 and my phone was dead by 11:00 in the morning. And I had no charger because my Z30 has never had an issue before. Anyone have any idea how to try and fix the battery issue, or should I be looking at reloading the OS with an autoloader as well?
    02-26-15 08:12 AM
    No need for a security wipe the autoloader will wipe the phone clean.

As for not restoring. Myself after running the autoloader I did a custom restore and didn't restore blackberry runtime and system application. I got all my emails/contacts/txt messages back and the phone has been running flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:31 AM
    My phone just did it again, I called my Mum, after I hung up I got the washing out of the machine and when I wanted to look at my phone I found it rebooting again and when I picked it up it was pretty warm. I connected it to my laptop again and it then started normally.

I think I'll definitely need to reinstall the OS via Autoloader again.

I'm wondering what it could be because it was fine right after the official OTA-Update, and it started to have those problems yesterday (after 5 days without problems apart from the EasyJet app not starting). It worked fine before and now this.
    Last edited by muindor; 02-26-15 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections
    02-26-15 09:58 AM
    I had major issues after update. What I did was a full backup, then a security wipe followed by a restore. However I only restored data & applications.

That fixed my problems (& there were many)

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:21 AM
    Many Many Issues after the official OTA
    1. Phone Heating alot
    2 . Excess CPU usage
    3. No Camera Icon
    4. Phone slowed down a lot
    5. Within a Span of 1.5 hrs battery drained from 68% to 0
    Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    Annoying Problems after 10.3.1 OTA-img_20150226_215259.png

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    02-26-15 10:27 AM
    Seems like I'm a lucky guy as I didnt see any problems regarding updating my Q5 to 10.3.1, from 10.2.2 just as you. My advice is back up everything then do the secuirty wipe, see that can help, and after that restore everything

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:36 AM
    So I've installed the Autoloader .2267 and started to type in my contacts again. Then I wanted to open BlackBerry World to download some apps and.... it rebooted again... over and over again, until i connect it to the laptop and then it starts normally and i can use it normally.

I'm speechless and really worried. What can that be?
    02-26-15 02:25 PM
    I have a small issue. Email fit to screen works initially. But if you flip to landscape, then back to portrait, the email does not resize to fit. Very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 02:43 PM
    I just loaded the OS via BlackBerry Link again and it's now on .2243 again.

The phone will only properly turn on when its connected to the laptop, and the moment i unplugg it, the phone shuts down immediately and tries to reboot which won't be successful until I connect it to the laptop again.

Whats happening here? Is it the OS or is it an Hardware issue caused by the Update?

Please help, I need the Phone.
    02-26-15 04:11 PM
    Hello Muindor,
    The rebooting issue you've been experiencing for some time now has IMHO nothing to do with your OS or your updates whatsoever.
    I really think there's a persistent hardware issue that is bothering you non stop...
    Do you have a leather "side" flip case installed that replaced the original back of your Z30?
    Sorry but in that "case" there is a reasonable change the main power button on the top head side squeezes the main contacts forcing your Z30 continually to shut down.
    Just put back the original back in that "case". First try to get a stable install of your system software and look for another hardware button.

BlackBerry Z30 | 10.3.1.1565
    02-26-15 05:56 PM
    Haven't found anything annoying. So much better with updated OS. Android apps that didn't work before now working. Web browser much faster than before. Icons brighter led customization awesome. No complaints here

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 06:07 PM
    Hello Muindor,
    The rebooting issue you've been experiencing for some time now has IMHO nothing to do with your OS or your updates whatsoever.
    I really think there's a persistent hardware issue that is bothering you non stop...
    Do you have a leather "side" flip case installed that replaced the original back of your Z30?
    Sorry but in that "case" there is a reasonable change the main power button on the top head side squeezes the main contacts forcing your Z30 continually to shut down.
    Just put back the original back in that "case". First try to get a stable install of your system software and look for another hardware button.

BlackBerry Z30 | 10.3.1.1565
    No I don't have such case. I have a case but it doesn't squeeze it, so the Power Button is free. Also the phone is naked now as the case annoys me right now in this situation.

I'm now on .2267 again, I did the Autoloader install, then performed a security wipe (All plugged into a power Source).

I think I found a Pattern here. Everytime the Battery Percentage comes to 81% it just shuts down and the reboot loop begins and only ends when I plug it into my Laptop OR the wall charger.
    However, when it's above 90%, or even 100%, I'm still not able to just reboot or hard restart (volume buttons) without it being in a reboot loop again. (and again until I plug it into a power source).

So may it be this OS-Update destroyed my Battery?

Edit: I'm treating this phone like my sensitive eyes. No drops, no water near it, its been dry all the time.
    02-26-15 06:30 PM
    Maybe try a sicmultiwipe, then try reloading the OS via autoloader after that.

Zwiped from my Zed, Awaiting 10.3.1...
    02-26-15 06:41 PM
    I think your battery may be defective. Maybe loading the new OS put stress on it, and drove the battery over the edge.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-26-15 06:49 PM
    I think your battery may be defective. Maybe loading the new OS put stress on it, and drove the battery over the edge.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Oh no, that doesn't sound nice at all.

I just found something weird. It also reboots itself when the 4G connection connects when it's off the charger. when I turn on 2G & 3G it starts up fine. Also when i leave 4G on and i plug it into the charger it starts up fine too. That's also really weird. Maybe the Battery is really defective.
    02-26-15 07:01 PM
    Oh no, that doesn't sound nice at all.

I just found something weird. It also reboots itself when the 4G connection connects when it's off the charger. when I turn on 2G & 3G it starts up fine. Also when i leave 4G on and i plug it into the charger it starts up fine too. That's also really weird. Maybe the Battery is really defective.
    You've loaded so many fresh OSes, it does sound like a hardware problem. Uggh.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-26-15 07:06 PM
    You've loaded so many fresh OSes, it does sound like a hardware problem. Uggh.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    That is such a ..... I'll have to take it to the shop then. That means one week without a BlackBerry, maybe even an android replacement for that time. I really don't like that thought.
    02-26-15 07:20 PM
    I called my provider this morning and they want me to send it back so i can get a replacement which will be a USED device. I don't want that!! Why is that happening? It's so weird after 5 days on the update without issues. The Battery life was just amazing, lasted me at least 3-4 hours longer than on 10.2.2. And all of a sudden, this....
    02-27-15 03:23 AM
    Oh dear, then I better start saving my stuff onto my laptop. Would you recommend a security wipe before or/and after the installation of the Autoloader?
    Do a sic multi wipe not a security wipe which is useless at this point. Sic multi wipe (link here on CB) and then perform the autoload. Everything will be fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 04:48 AM
    Do a sic multi wipe not a security wipe which is useless at this point. Sic multi wipe (link here on CB) and then perform the autoload. Everything will be fine.

Posted via CB10
    Did not work either. Still the same, it performed 5 wipes. Immediately after unplugging it shuts down and reboots itself over and over again. Everything when it is under 87% now. It's in the shop now and i will get a refurbished replacement which is a bit annoying for me. I might sell that one and get a new one from Amazon. They have better service anyway hehe.

I want to thank everyone though for their time and help, I really appreciate it.
    02-27-15 08:51 AM
    So sorry for you, and makes me wonder what happened with BB's testing facility? The quality of their products is not nearly as good as it used to be...

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:58 AM
    So sorry for you, and makes me wonder what happened with BB's testing facility? The quality of their products is not nearly as good as it used to be...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, especially after John Chens sentence "iPhone users are wall huggers". My Z30 was a dead thing, it's really quite sad. I'm now using my old iphone 4S again, god i miss my BlackBerry. The OS is so fantastic. iPhone is so **** compared to BB, I really dont understand why people prefer iPhone to BB.
    I miss the HUB!! Well 10.3.1 calendar is garbage but the feeling of a BB.. Plus: i already needed to charge the iPhone in between hahahahha..
    02-27-15 02:23 PM