Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By z_scorpio_z
  • 2 Post By pooger
  • 1 Post By CatlinFD
  • 1 Post By PJD642
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Annoying habits

Can we discuss annoying things our phones or tablet does and hope the aren't on 10 os.

I know every phone isn't perfect but these things I can't tolerate.

#1 cut and paste on the playbook is freaking annoying especially on forums.

#2 typing on the playbook can sometimes suck. Random placement of periods smh but that might just be my fast typing. Also sometimes the words will just get stuck and I have to shut down the page. I really hate that

#3 Web pages shutting down on my goodness nothing pisses me off more than that. My ios device rarely does this on safari but my Instagram crashes often. My bold crashes as well .

#4 not being able to email photos straight from your photo albums.
    I know the status won't be a problem on 10 because my bold works just fine.

#5 my bold has a couple problem but I know 10 is a whold new os so I won't mentioning not freezing and all that.

With all that said I'm still excited and nervous at the same time this will be my first touch screen phone. The way my playbook behaves sometimes makes me a bit apprehensive.

I know you guys have a few things that irritated about your playbook or phones.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

BB10 will have little incommon with the PlayBook so it doesn't really apply.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    BB10 will have little incommon with the PlayBook so it doesn't really apply.

So this phone will be perfect huh?

Yall cracks me up same folks excited for playbook 2.0 and it was very blah. I like my bb but I've been disappointed so I'll reserve judgment.
    CrackBerry Abuser

lol, he said it is different from playbook just like different from BBOS, did not say it will be perfect. My hope is BB10 is the best of both BBOS and PBOS.

- Browser, we have seen high html5 scores (from PB and BB10), but I am interested in javascript performance numbers and overall browser performance. It needs to be fast and hopefully websites like crackberry don't stall the browser. I have not had the random crashes you mention but those need to be addressed as well.
    - PIM experience is better on BBOS in my opinion vs playbook. They want to take contacts, calendar etc to the next level by integrating facebook, social etc but performance wise it needs to be able to perform as fast as BBOS of the past. Afaik, BB10 PIM UI is being coded in cascades as opposed to Air which is hopefully to address some of these lag issues. Also similar to how email is always running on BBOS, hub will be always running on BB10, so hopefully that will mitigate the lag issues seen in PB.
    - Keyboard stutter/lag is annoying. It happens on playbook and also on droid bionic (ICS). BB10 keyboard is obviously different from PB in how it operates, and hopefully performance is also better.
    - Notification, again this is something that I hope can match the ease and flexibility of the old BBOS on BB10. iOS and android fall short of BBOS capability in this area IMHO.
    - Apps. I use very few apps on android and on playbook, but obviously this is huge for many/most people. Personally, I would like juniper client and good RDP/SSH program.
    - Core Apps. I just hope the core apps are complete and feature rich. Video/audio player for example, should support all the expected codes (mkv, ac3, flacs etc).
    - Language support on BBOS is much better than playbook. BB10 needs to be support at least all the languages currently supported by BBOS.
    - Settings in general, I hope the flexibility and depth of available options in BBOS are present in BB10. PB provides the bare essential in terms of settings.
    - hopefully BES is not required, and it can hook in directly to windows ISA server (like PB), so I can get back to using BB

and probably other things I can't think of right now.
    Thanked by:
    Mel25 (01-08-2013) 
    magutwit likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts

Default Annoying habits

High html5 score doesn't mean that much. Doesn't the pb have a high html5 score? Well I don't like browsing on the pb as much as I thought it would because it crashes and it's slow half the time.

Example: try using redfin.com on it. Yeck

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    Mel25 and mikeo007 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

not sure if you are responding to my post, but that is what I said as well...

- Browser, we have seen high html5 scores (from PB and BB10), but I am interested in javascript performance numbers and overall browser performance. It needs to be fast and hopefully websites like crackberry don't stall the browser. I have not had the random crashes you mention but those need to be addressed as well.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    PIN
    24E2B9CC

Shortcuts!!!! Give me a way to disable them.

The cut shortcut drives me nuts if you hit that combination. Originally I didn't even know it was cut shortcut where I could paste back what it erased.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

Quote Originally Posted by CatlinFD View Post
    Shortcuts!!!! Give me a way to disable them.

The cut shortcut drives me nuts if you hit that combination. Originally I didn't even know it was cut shortcut where I could paste back what it erased.
    What are you talking about, you always had a choice, universal search or shortcuts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Annoying habits-edshot-20-tue-20jan-208-202013-2012.24.28-20pm-.jpg  
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    PIN
    24E2B9CC

Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    What are you talking about, you always had a choice, universal search or shortcuts.
    No. You don't. You can't disable these.

Beginners Guide to Keyboard Shortcuts | CrackBerry.com

To cut highlighted text when typing, press the Shift + Backspace/Delete key
    This is constantly the one that ****s me up the wall because I tend to accidentally hit it a lot. In the beginning I didn't even know it was a cut command, just thought my BlackBerry enjoyed deleting my walls of text.
    Protocol 2001 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

BLOATWARE!!!

I hope RIM doesnt let carriers get too carry away with their apps and eat and chunk of the RAMs. Thats one of my biggest pet peeve with my phone.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by GenTsoChicken View Post
    BLOATWARE!!!

I hope RIM doesnt let carriers get too carry away with their apps and eat and chunk of the RAMs. Thats one of my biggest pet peeve with my phone.
    That's one of my concerns too...with OS 7 (and every other OS I've had since 4.x), I've been able to use BBSAK or BB Boss to remove preinstalled apps & other items (stock wallpapers, etc) that I don't want and will not be using. I haven't seen anyone saying they're able to do that yet. Yes, I know I can move all of VZW's crap to a "junk" folder & not install it, but multiple languages, wallpapers (as previously mentioned) and other stuff I don't need can be removed to free up memory.
    Twitter.com/K9Carly
    Mel25 likes this.