With the launch of Android one, the same stuff will be available at half rates then what BlackBerry Z3 is offerring.

BlackBerry wrong pricing strategy again.
    And they are never going to accept it.

They will give lame excuses that they are not a handset company, they sell softwares.
    They target enterprise people.
    Here in India, new delhi, I hardly find any organization giving BlackBerry to its employees.

Then they will boast about security, which only 0.5 percent in world population worries about, as that is the share of BlackBerry in world.

So they never accept their facts.

Iphone 6 has sold 40 lacs ph in 24 hrs, BlackBerry passport will never be even near to it.
    Still they will never correct pricing even partnering with Foxconn.

Help BlackBerry to Help us.
    09-16-14 07:10 AM
    When you buy a Audi A1, it is always a bit more expensive than a VW Polo, even you have the same engine. (not best comparison but hope you see what I mean)

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 07:22 AM
    Yes on the "different targets" argument, but a big drop in Z3 sales wouldn't surprise me at all now that the Android One is out
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-16-14 07:30 AM
    When you buy a Audi A1, it is always a bit more expensive than a VW Polo, even you have the same engine. (not best comparison but hope you see what I mean)

Posted via CB10
    Corrrect but I hardly feel that BlackBerry 10 and Z3 is of Audi brand and status.

And btw Audi is not having so much less mkt share, like of BlackBerry
    09-16-14 07:32 AM
    If Blackberry can rebuild their brand image and reputation (big if!) then people will be willing to pay more for a Blackberry branded device as opposed to a cheap android no name handset.
    09-16-14 07:34 AM
    You still get better security in the Z3 plus you get the best of both android and BlackBerry 10.
    Imho the z3 offers you more. The features you get justifies the price.

~Omar Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1154
    09-16-14 07:34 AM
    You still get better security in the Z3 plus you get the best of both android and BlackBerry 10.

If I don't see BlackBerry advertise the fact it can run Android apps I'll assume the vast majority of phone users (BlackBerry or otherwise) are completely unaware of the ability.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-16-14 08:48 AM

Android apps on amazon store are of low quality.
    I dont find them as good as they are in google playstore.
    sentimentGX4 and darkehawke like this.
    09-16-14 09:03 AM
    If Blackberry can rebuild their brand image and reputation (big if!) then people will be willing to pay more for a Blackberry branded device as opposed to a cheap android no name handset.
    I have paid more for my BlackBerry z 10, but I am really not liking the Os 10.

I may switch over to Os7, which is still gold standard for BlackBerry
    09-16-14 09:05 AM
    If I don't see BlackBerry advertise the fact it can run Android apps I'll assume the vast majority of phone users (BlackBerry or otherwise) are completely unaware of the ability.

Posted via CB10
    You won't, the runtime is officially provided for development purposes only, and to support ported apps in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 09:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    but it does....

Android One will kill BlackBerry Z3 [opinion]-z3_andr.jpg
    09-16-14 09:16 AM
    i respectfully disagree that it'll kill the z3.

the z3 is actually a pretty premium phone (based on online reviews, i havent physically held one)
    z3 does have better specs in terms of processor and ram.
    android is still pretty resourceful. i'd love to see how these ONEs will perform. i have a feeling it'll be a really cheap device that will lag.
    09-16-14 09:22 AM
    i respectfully disagree that it'll kill the z3.

the z3 is actually a pretty premium phone (based on online reviews, i havent physically held one)
    z3 does have better specs in terms of processor and ram.
    android is still pretty resourceful. i'd love to see how these ONEs will perform. i have a feeling it'll be a really cheap device that will lag.
    I have used and seen Z3, and would likr tp tell u, it doesnt give u feeling of a premium phone at all, screen resolution is not at all good, and is also difficult to carry.

It should be priced way below 200 dollar
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-16-14 09:26 AM
    Android apps on amazon store are of low quality.
    I dont find them as good as they are in google playstore.
    Download snap, aptoide, 1mobile, or Mobogenie.
    If you don't really like amazon.

Davidro1 likes this.
    09-16-14 09:32 AM
    Android one is still Android, not BlackBerry 10. Android one is mainly targeted for first time smartphone users,entry level.
    Here in India, what I believe is : 2 kinds of people prefers BlackBerry.
    1) Loyal Fans addicted to bb10
    2) Those who want to try a new platform after getting of bored of Android.

A new smartphone user will never go for Z3. That's where android One lies. Different Class.
    Thats My opinion.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 09:34 AM
    You won't, the runtime is officially provided for development purposes only, and to support ported apps in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    How do you reconcile that with the fact that Amazon App Store will be coming pre-loaded on OS 10.3 and the end-user permission for installing apps from third party source outside of BB World?
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-16-14 09:38 AM
    I have used and seen Z3, and would likr tp tell u, it doesnt give u feeling of a premium phone at all, screen resolution is not at all good, and is also difficult to carry.

It should be priced way below 200 dollar
    Android ONE
    Screen: 4.5-inch (854x480p, 218ppi)

Z3
    Screem: 5-inch (960x540, 220ppi)

faster processor, more ram, better screen, more built in mem...
    better, better, better, more... etc... = more $
    09-16-14 09:38 AM
    How do you reconcile that with the fact that Amazon App Store will be coming pre-loaded on OS 10.3?
    Same thing. Amazon App Store is not Google Play. So while you may see ads for Amazon app compatibility, BlackBerry cannot promote across-the-board full Android apps running on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 09:43 AM
    ikalinin, let's not have those pesky facts get in the way.

Richard
    niss63, ikalinin and david7saad like this.
    09-16-14 09:49 AM
    Same thing. Amazon App Store is not Google Play. So while you may see ads for Amazon app compatibility, BlackBerry cannot promote across-the-board full Android apps running on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Not the same thing. You said it was for developers only, and ported apps in BB World. Amazon App Store is something else entirely. Also, the fact that they have an end-user permission for installing apps from third party providers outside of BB World seems to indicate that it is NOT only for developers and Android ports in BB World.
    09-16-14 09:50 AM
    I have paid more for my BlackBerry z 10, but I am really not liking the Os 10.

I may switch over to Os7, which is still gold standard for BlackBerry
    I'm fine with paying more for the premium experience of BB10 over both iOS and Android. If you aren't , then it's not for you. Move on.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1xxx
    09-16-14 10:01 AM
    Not the same thing. You said it was for developers only, and ported apps in BB World. Amazon App Store is something else entirely. Also, the fact that they have an end-user permission for installing apps from third party providers outside of BB World seems to indicate that it is NOT only for developers and Android ports in BB World.
    You're correct, Amazon App Store is something else entirely. What it isn't is Google Play. BlackBerry can't promote piracy. The apps from Amazon are converted to work in the absence of Google Services, and BlackBerry has partnered with Amazon to use their store for apps.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 10:06 AM
    Another cheap Android will have no measureable effect on Z3 sales. Android one is a cheap phone with crappy hardware and an operating system that is mismatched to that hardware. The vast majority of Android apps will not be able to run on it. Garbage in = garbage out. The Z3 is a value phone where the hardware is matched with the operating system and you get good performance for your dollar. Better bang for your dollar.

The fundamental problem with the cheap Android phone is that this approach doesn't build brand loyalty. Just ask Nokia.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    09-16-14 10:06 AM
    Why would people care about Android phone from Google? It is a low quality phone they build to flood the low price market so that they can get all the search query direct to Google website. So many Android phone flood the market right now. Look, Samsung try to flood the market with almost everything they make/try and still losing to Apple when it comes to brand recognition. What happen to Google last phone?
    09-16-14 10:13 AM
    Yes you are right.. the passport will never sell as well as the iphone6 .. but then again the passport is not for everyone either.. the specs of an iphone6 are the same as the nexus phone from 2012 yet they managed to sell millions at double the price. People buy what they are comfortable with. iphone\apple has some of the most loyal users you will ever meet, and this is one of the reasons that iphone users will pay over a $1000 for a 128gb phone. I find android users are always looking for the next big spec phone and willing to jump... a lot of people I know are leaving Samsung because they are tired of the plastic phones and a OS full of bloatware. but to answer your question... the Z3 was more targeted towards nexus type users, now that Android One is coming.. maybe there will be a Z1. BB is still trying to rise from a beat down and offer only 7-8 phones...Android which has almost every major manufacture supporting it provides probably closer to 100 variations and models. and if you think cheaper will sell better.. I have two words .. Tata Nano
    david7saad and wincyUt like this.
    09-16-14 10:21 AM
195 123 ...