My unit is passport and I can't figure it out what would cause it? All permissions are set to not run when minimized

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 04:24 PM
    Define 'keep loading'.

Running in the background?
    Opening by themselves?

What?
    12-27-14 05:26 PM
    I check taskmaster and it's just there as a process I have to kill without ever loading any apps related.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 09:07 PM
    If you mean that it keeps re-running after you've closed it, then yeah... same thing happens on my passport... sometimes this also happens with the aliexpress and ebay apps.

On the other hand, I sorta think it's a software issue with the device monitor not functioning correctly because I've watched it without anything running and sometimes it will say that tons of apps are running when they aren't.

I hope this gets fixed when the official OS 10.3.1 is released

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    pttptppt likes this.
    12-27-14 09:17 PM
    Yeah I can even reboot the phone and never go into amazon appstore and it will show up there.

Also not even sure where the calendar thing is from since I never really even load any lol

Oh well thanks for the help

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 09:45 PM
    It's just app running in the background. Did you check your Amazon app store settings for example ? I bet you let it go online check if an update is available or send some stats on your usage ?
    12-27-14 10:02 PM
    If you mean that it keeps re-running after you've closed it, then yeah... same thing happens on my passport... sometimes this also happens with the aliexpress and ebay apps.

On the other hand, I sorta think it's a software issue with the device monitor not functioning correctly because I've watched it without anything running and sometimes it will say that tons of apps are running when they aren't.

I hope this gets fixed when the official OS 10.3.1 is released

It's not an error with device monitor. If you check with task manager (an app), it'll show the same things.

The real problem is that certain android apps keep pulling information from the Web even if they don't need it (especially apps that require Google play services, even if you patch them). So they constantly run in the background sucking data and battery.
    The solution is to download Ghost file manager (from BlackBerry World) or any app that can access the android settings. From there, you must go to apps and select on the app that runs in the background. Then ****uncheck**** the settings that says "receive notifications" and then click force close.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:04 PM
    It's not an error with device monitor. If you check with task manager (an app), it'll show the same things.

The real problem is that certain android apps keep pulling information from the Web even if they don't need it (especially apps that require Google play services, even if you patch them). So they constantly run in the background sucking data and battery.
    The solution is to download Ghost file manager (from BlackBerry World) or any app that can access the android settings. From there, you must go to apps and select on the app that runs in the background. Then ****uncheck**** the settings that says "receive notifications" and then click force close.

Posted via CB10
    Even that is not enough. They restart themselves in the background anyway. It doesn't matter if you turn everything off that can be turned off. They still restart themselves.

I even have an android permissions manager app that can access all the settings that apps want, turned all those off, and they still restart.

It's just something we have to live with until BlackBerry gets a better handle on them.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    I tried this with the two android ones that keep showing up. Will see how it goes. I notice on that it says disable for some of them isn't it good to use that also?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:47 PM
    Guys, this is how Android world is and BlackBerry hasn't found a cure for that matter.

Any of you have any idea how many Google process' run by default on Android phone?

I blame the day Apple "invented" the iPhone (for killing pocket PCs) but Google truly got itself unstoppable iSpy OS. A "free" OS but at huge cost.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    As joeldf mentioned, that doesn't matter. I do have ghost commander and appopps installed and after installing an app I always go and set the permissions so stuff isn't using location, the apps still show up after not being used.

I really hope they sort this out, and am curious if this has something to do with the Dalvik runtime since it uses JIT compilation...

Oh well

12-27-14 10:56 PM
    Well I disabled the app store and the calendar thing and so far they didkt show up yet lol so crossing my fingers

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 11:56 PM
    Well I disabled the app store and the calendar thing and so far they didkt show up yet lol so crossing my fingers

Posted via CB10
    Did you use ghost commander to do that?

12-28-14 12:16 AM
    Yes just find the apps on the left and hold down and click "manage"

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 12:27 AM
    And uncheck 'show notification' right?

12-28-14 12:43 AM
    And force kill on some of them can actually hit disable I did it when I could

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 12:59 AM
    Can say that it's been 6 hours and a restart and no android crap loading in background at all

This was using the ghost commander method described above...

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 06:31 AM
    Can say that it's been 6 hours and a restart and no android crap loading in background at all

Posted via CB10
    Great to hear I don't have apps running in the background since 1 month ago when I discovered this secret

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 07:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Has your battery life improved any since?

12-28-14 11:51 AM
    Has your battery life improved any since?

I don't know yet will wait and see. I think overall the crap that was loading was minimal drain but enough to be annoying.

I'll see over next day or so

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 01:27 PM
    Android app store constantly checks for updates to apps..

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10 on10.3.1.1154
    12-29-14 12:41 AM
    Not anymore for men and it's noticible battery improvements

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 03:51 PM
    Doesn't work for me: Google Maps, Skype and Google account manager load periodically ( even after using the disable notification /stop process in ghost commander)

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 11:42 PM