Did you fix the issue or you just telling us you got things installed and they working great?

No disrespect to anyone, but if you aren't going to post information directly related to this issue, please find another thread.
    I looked for a way (without success) to delete my original post when, hours after I posted my original question, I had finally succeeded in getting the app to mostly work. And, before I posted here at all, I searched for about half an hour for a more appropriate thread in which to ask for help. It seems, from reading comments here, that it is more wrong for a newbie like me to start a new thread than to be slightly off topic on existing threads. I waited to the official release because I need wifi calling and the threads on loading android programs were buried with months of new issues, and I really tried to follow protocol. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 08:49 PM
    I looked for a way (without success) to delete my original post when, hours after I posted my original question, I had finally succeeded in getting the app to mostly work. And, before I posted here at all, I searched for about half an hour for a more appropriate thread in which to ask for help. It seems, from reading comments here, that it is more wrong for a newbie like me to start a new thread than to be slightly off topic on existing threads. I waited to the official release because I need wifi calling and the threads on loading android programs were buried with months of new issues, and I really tried to follow protocol. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    No I was just wondering if you could share how you got it working. Or did it just appear to be happenstance.

I been seeing some peeps just posting "hey works fine for me" which isn't a very useful post.
    03-18-14 03:32 PM
    I think for MedScape, the install included a choice / option to use the 'net rather than install the 23 separate downloads of data and resource documents. The app would not return any results on a search (and was therefore worthless) until I bit the bullet and downloaded said 23 downloads (3 hours over high speed wifi!). Also, I had to fight the frustration if the stalling and black screen time outs. I think this might have qualified as brute force. Thanks for writing back. I really do like the app, it is working great.
    One side benefit is that I was curious as to how much space the downloads occupied. Only around 4 mb. And in passing, I noticed CB was occupying 500 MB! Iocated a forum note suggesting the CB app needs to be deleted and reinstalled to clear out the memory from time to time. And the CB app got stuck! Delete failed message! Then, it took another two hours to find the right solution (refresh BlackBerry World, restart, reinstall, repeat, repeat! ) Now, CB app is only using 13 MB. Whew.

Another update, with apologies. MedScape through amazon only partially worked and only for a day. I finally loaded the newest snap file (through chrome extension) and installed MedScape through snap. It works well (except that MedScape's data download hijacks the hub in an odd way while the download is active)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DanceHike; 03-21-14 at 02:24 PM. Reason: more information about MedScape app
    03-19-14 01:02 AM
    Okay... My friend just messaged me telling me that she followed the advice of some people here and downloaded and sideloaded some bars (I believe from page 2) in an attempt to get Google Play services working.

I know... Don't ask me why.

The issue now is all of her sideloaded AND official Android apps have stopped working completely (similar symptoms to what people described early in this thread, ironically).

How can I help her fix this? None of the bars here are from a recent enough OS version and I don't know how to get the necessary files from my own phone if that's even possible.

Phone's myver is: Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141

Any help is appreciated.
    05-14-14 03:48 PM
229 ... 8910