Hey, I have had two problems related to a podcast app and music player and it wasn't only the android app it happened to the BlackBerry World podcast apps as well. 1 - intermittent pausing/stop playing. 2 - downloading on data network without permission. (I've tried so many I won't list them all). I believe that the problem resided with another android app called Good Player. I deleted the app and the last two days were the first two days in months that I did not have one incident.
    I found out what android apps were starting in the background using Taskmanager from the Google Play Store. If you don't have that there are many others to choose from in the Amazon store. In the very instance that you experience an issue or glitch with any app or parts of the OS or freezing, open the taskmanager and check to see what android apps are starting without permission. Unfortunately these Android apps behave a bit unruly and can cause some havoc with Android apps and BlackBerry apps alike. I will be looking to replace any and all of the Android apps with a comparable BlackBerry option.

I did notice these apps starting on their own:
    � The Weather Network
    � MapsWithMe
    I am keeping an eye to see if they cause any issues but not from these yet.

If anyone can try to find what apps cause them problems and list them here it would be nice to have for reference. I hope this helps others and appreciate any input.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 07-23-15 at 03:23 PM.
    07-23-15 01:16 PM
    Google Account Manager is another that causes me issues but I needed that for my Google Maps Sign in. Going to have to think about that. I will decide what I will do after this new update to 10.3.2.xxxx

Posted via CB10
    gpktom likes this.
    07-23-15 05:46 PM
    Simple solution is to download and install an android app called "APK Permission Remover", then you can remove the 'run at startup' permissions from all the android apps that persistently start up in the background.

Another good thing to do, when you're finished with an android app you should long press on the active frames close button (X) this will force close the app.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2339/SR .2226  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    The_Passporter and blkbrylvr like this.
    07-23-15 06:21 PM
    A number of mine start automatically in the background and it drives me nuts!

Apps like:
    - Pebble
    - Skype (sometimes)
    - Feedly
    - Flipp
    - Sonos
    - Steam
    - Lucky Patcher
    - etc.

Also of note, you can just use BlackBerry Device Monitor (part of the phone, easy to get to, just swipe down from the top at the home screen unless you removed it from the quick-access list). From there you can kill the processes and sometimes that's enough, but a lot of these apps return every 24 hours or on their own specific timers.. -.-

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Last edited by D3C0D3R; 07-23-15 at 06:38 PM.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-23-15 06:27 PM
    A number of mine start automatically in the background and it drives me nuts!

Apps like:
    - Pebble
    - Skype (sometimes)
    - Feedly
    - Flipp
    - Sonos
    - Steam
    - Lucky Patcher
    - etc.

Also of note, you can just use BlackBerry Device Monitor (part of the phone, easy to get to, just swipe down from the top at the home screen unless you removed it from the quick-access list). From there you can kill the processes and sometimes that's enough, but a lot of these apps return every 24 hours or on their own specific timers.. -.-

I was doing it that way but it is much easier to use the Taskmanager cause it only shows the android apps and I can just click and kill. Just seems quicker but thank you for the list. I uninstalled Skype cause I just never used it but wanted it just in case. Really annoying isn't it.

Were these apps causing any issues for you or just lag?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 08:04 PM
    Simple solution is to download and install an android app called "APK Permission Remover", then you can remove the 'run at startup' permissions from all the android apps that persistently start up in the background.

Another good thing to do, when you're finished with an android app you should long press on the active frames close button (X) this will force close the app.

Is this an Android app? I will look and see if I can find it and thank you so much for the good info. I did not know about the long press

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 08:06 PM

Thanks, didn't know that. Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 10:45 PM
    If you're having difficulty attaching a photo or file to an email, BBM or text msg, whatsapp is to blame.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1028019

I think it's because the app creates duplicate files of everything and when our phones try to attach and image or file, it's hung up on where to go look.

The link above mentions the "fix"

 Q10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-23-15 11:14 PM
    I just replaced MapsWithMe with BlackBerry Worlds "NavFree" for offline use. Seems pretty much the same with more features and works just as well so far.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 06:56 AM
    I was doing it that way but it is much easier to use the Taskmanager cause it only shows the android apps and I can just click and kill. Just seems quicker but thank you for the list. I uninstalled Skype cause I just never used it but wanted it just in case. Really annoying isn't it.

Were these apps causing any issues for you or just lag?

Posted via CB10
    These apps just drain battery because they sit on memory and CPU for no reason, that's what annoys me. No lag because of them, though if you're on a Z10/Q10/Q5/Z3 you may notice a bit of a hit from idle apps!

07-24-15 11:30 AM

Nice tip on the long press for active frames, didn't know that.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 11:36 AM
    Nice tip on the long press for active frames, didn't know that.

Posted via CB10
    How were you closing apps before, might I ask?

Posted with my  Classic
    07-24-15 11:55 AM
    How were you closing apps before, might I ask?

Posted with my  Classic
    Must have misunderstood. I thought he meant holding active frame x longer killed additional background processes for apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 11:58 AM
    Must have misunderstood. I thought he meant holding active frame x longer killed additional background processes for apps.

Posted via CB10
    I've found personally that this doesn't always fully kill the background process. Sometimes they will show up right away still in device manager still and then I can kill them from there.. :\

07-24-15 12:35 PM
    Has anyone found any improvements related to apps and processes running the new 10.3.2.xxxx update? Might be too early to ask....

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 05:46 PM
    Nice find.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi up to 10.3.1.2744 to 2.680 to 2.798 to 2.2204 to 2339
    07-25-15 06:25 AM

Having some trouble getting it to work. When you use the app do you go to OPEN APK or OPEN APP to do this?
    Android apps producing bugs or glitches with your phone may want to try this.-img_20150725_081635.png

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 07:17 AM
    Having some trouble getting it to work. When you use the app do you go to OPEN APK or OPEN APP to do this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150725_081635.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	381.2 KB 
ID:	364081

Posted via CB10
    I believe it is Open an App, then after you choose the app and edit permissions you do a Save and Re-Install. Going off of memory here so someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Posted with my  Classic
    07-25-15 07:32 AM
    Ok cool and thanks. I will give it more effort and let you know. Wanted to do it to my google maps but after using the BlackBerry google ID and Account Manager I'm afraid it will not have or let me sign in again. I will try on something else first. If this works that would be awesome.
    Cheers and thx!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 07:40 AM
    I'm have the same issue with Google Maps not allowing me to sign in after having installed the BlackBerry Google ID and Google Account Manager (GAM) from Cobalt's page. Let me know if you find a fix for this. Maybe the app needs to be patched? I could sign in before when I only had GAM installed.

Somewhat frustrated owner of a Q10 (Telus - OS 10.3.2.2339)
    07-25-15 11:25 AM
    Oh you mean you patched it with the APK remover? Or should I say removed permissions using the APK remover app and now it won't work?

If your talking about installing these apps for the first time and can't get them running I think you need to post to Cobalt's page so he can offer you the best advice.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965257

Attachment 364194
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 07-25-15 at 09:02 PM.
    07-25-15 08:34 PM